2013-14 Mid-Season Prospect Poll: #4

ZeroPT*

No just a simple checklist, Jame asked the question how people rank the prospects and like 6 people had systems. How many people have really thought about it? We have a prospect repository where stats and videos are linked, how about some kind of out of 100pnts check list for ranking prospects. Right now some people claim it's impossible to predict players in the future so it's only how they're playing now that should matter, while other people say it's all about where they project to peak, and others are in the middle. If we really are concerned about how accurate these polls are, to the point we are discussing run offs, maybe a thread dedicated to evaluating prospect rankings would be interesting, spend the rest of the season on it and then maybe the mods could pull together a weighted point list. Then when someone goes "why you no vote Grigs!?" You could say "because while on potential I gave him a 5/5 on probability of success he only got 2/5" and everyone could look at the list and go ok I see where he's coming from.

Basically I think it would encourage discussion if we all had the same grading system we could debate and it would give us something other then which Sam we should draft to talk about. Just spit balling, it's 2am and I just wrote a 28 page lab report on the Franck Hertz experiment, I'm a little fried.

Of course compiling everyone's list together would only be a matter of adding everyone's points * by the weight of the stat / number of voters, BCS polling for sabres prospects

This would be pretty damn awesome. I'm down, we're rebuilding, so maybe we can work on this in the playoffs? it would be fun

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If you wanted to invest time in something, starting a thread dedicated to finding a consensus system of rating prospects that board members could use in these polls, that would be cool, would probably contribute to a more accurate rating if we all had the same checklist to work off of then worrying about where a couple dozen votes land in the race for 4/5th best prospect

Let's do it

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have McCabe here for who remains but it is close between him, Larsson, Compher and Armia. Add Kea. Again.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Poll #4 Closed: Johan Larsson, 29/101, 28.71% – Runner-up: Joel Armia, 27/101, 26.73% – Add: Justin Bailey.

Add votes were: Bailey-18, Kea-15, Catenacci-5, Petersen-2, Lieuwen-1, Makarov-1, Varone-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad