2013-14 Mid-Season Prospect Poll: #4

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I used the first ten eligible prospects from Kris Baker's February rankings for the opening poll. Per usual, after casting your vote, suggest one player from the remaining prospect pool to add to the next poll.

2013-14 Mid-Season Prospect Poll Results:
  • Poll #1: Rasmus Ristolainen, 84/121, 69.42% – Runner-up: Nikita Zadorov, 20/121, 16.53% – Add: Brayden McNabb
  • Poll #2: Nikita Zadorov, 77/103, 74.76% – Runner-up: Mikhail Grigorenko, 23/103, 22.33% – Add: Chad Ruhwedel
  • Poll #3: Mikhail Grigorenko, 77/96, 80.21% – Runner-up: JT Compher, 5/96, 5.21% – Add: Gustav Possler

F: Justin Bailey, Daniel Catenacci, Christian Isackson, Colin Jacobs, Justin Kea, Eric Locke, Sean Malone, Brad Navin, Logan Nelson, Jonathan Parker, Judd Peterson, Tim Schaller, Kevin Sundher, Shawn Szydlowski, Phil Varone.

D: Mark Adams, Brady Austin, Nick Crawford, Anthony Florentino, Jerome Gauthier-Leduc, Matt MacKenzie.

G: Matt Hackett, Connor Knapp, Nathan Lieuwen, Andrey Makarov, Cal Petersen.

Eligibility Note: A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria. Thus, there are four subtractions from the last set of polls. Brian Flynn (80 GP) graduated, while Corey Tropp was claimed by Columbus. Zemgus Girgensons (56 GP) and Mark Pysyk (61 GP) also have "arrived" and could very well meet the 65 NHL GP graduating prospect threshold by the end of this set of polls.

Crawford, Hackett, Knapp, Ruhwedel, and Szydlowski are approaching the upper limit of the age criteria. I'd also project Hackett, McNabb, and Ruhwedel to be tendered offers as RFA's, while Crawford, Knapp, MacKenzie, Parker, and Szydlowski may not get another contract. Further, Buffalo holds the rights to Austin, Kea, Nelson, and Ullmark until June 1, 2014 and to Adams until August 15, 2014.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
JT Compher and Johan Larsson are a flip coin for me. I am gonna lean Compher even though he is farther from the NHL.

Add Justin Bailey

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Went with McCabe by a hair over Armia. Armia is #4, Larsson is #5, and Compher is #6 for me. Add Bailey.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Voted Ullmark

My reasoning for Ullmark is similar to others' reasoning for Grigorenko at #3: there just isn't anyone else in the org with his home-run potential at the position. He's putting up ridiculous numbers on a very bad team in one of the best leagues in the world at the ripe old age of 20.

Add Kea

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
again,
Larsson, add Kea

Are you voting your guys until they get picked? I thought I saw in Poll #1 that you had Larsson #3 which you voted last poll and Armia #4? Just curious.

I have Larsson as my #4, add Kea (oops)

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Are you voting your guys until they get picked? I thought I saw in Poll #1 that you had Larsson #3 which you voted last poll and Armia #4? Just curious.

I have Larsson as my #4, add Kea (oops)

Of course I am

I have Larsson #3, so in voting on who the next best prospect is, I have to keep voting for him until he's voted in....(he's obviously my next best until he's picked)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00