2013-14 Line Combos

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Well, Feaster made that comment during contract negotiations, so take that with a grain of salt. If Backlund performs like a top-6 centre, he will change his tune pretty quickly.

If Backlund breaks out this year then yes but if he stays the same then I think he will be traded. Outside of Brodie who has forced himself into the future plans of this team Feaster has gotten rid of most of the Sutter prospects/players.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Backlund will never be a #1 centremen as far as I can tell, but he needs to come up big again this year if he's going to be a consistent #2/3 two way centremen.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Far from it, this is going to be much more fun to watch than the veteran-laden lineups of the last few years.

Agreed, we may win less but we have some exciting players to follow this year.

Backlund will never be a #1 centremen as far as I can tell, but he needs to come up big again this year if he's going to be a consistent #2/3 two way centremen.

Pffft, NHL14 and Anton Babchuk disagree with you. This is Backlunds year!! :handclap:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If Backlund breaks out this year then yes but if he stays the same then I think he will be traded. Outside of Brodie who has forced himself into the future plans of this team Feaster has gotten rid of most of the Sutter prospects/players.

I'm not so sure. Even if he's not going to be a PPG player, he showed that he was an extremely valuable player last year who is now capable of playing a very strong two-way game. You don't trade that kind of player unless teams are knocking down your door for him, in my opinion.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Per roger millions
@RogMillions: Flames Lines in Wash- Glencross Stajan Stempniak- Hudler Backlund Galiardi-Baertschi Monahan D. Jones- Bouma Street McGrattan..

@RogMillions: Flames Def. In Wash- Giordano Brodie- Russell Wideman- Butler O'BRIEN. Ramo - MacDonald Goal.

Jackman and colborne as extras

Just to clean this up a bit (because of mild OCD)

Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
Hudler - Backlund - Galiardi
Baertschi - Monahan - D. Jones
Bouma - Street - McGrattan

Giordano - Brodie
Russell - Wideman
Butler - O'Brien

Ramo/MacDonald

What's interesting is every line seems to have a balance of skill / grit. Well except the 4th line, which is grit on grit.

Man I hope Jones can find his game again.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Giordano - Brodie
Russell - Wideman
Butler - O'Brien

Ramo/MacDonald

What's interesting is every line seems to have a balance of skill / grit. Well except the 4th line, which is grit on grit.

I feel like Bouma could surprise us and put up some points this year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Giordano - Brodie
Russell - Wideman
Butler - O'Brien

Ramo/MacDonald

NOT CLEAN ENOUGH!!!
Left Wing​
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Glencross​
|
Stajan​
|
Stempniak​
Hudler​
|
Backlund​
|
Galiardi​
Baertschi​
|
Monahan​
|
D. Jones​
Bouma​
|
Street​
|
McGrattan​
Left Defence
|
Right Defence
|
Goalies
Giordano​
|
Brodie​
|
Ramo​
Russell​
|
Wideman​
|
McDonald​
Butler​
|
O'Brien​
|

Last edited:

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
NOT CLEAN ENOUGH!!!
Left Wing​
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Glencross​
|
Stajan​
|
Stempniak​
Hudler​
|
Backlund​
|
Galiardi​
Baertschi​
|
Monahan​
|
D. Jones​
Bouma​
|
Street​
|
McGrattan​
Left Defence
|
Right Defence
|
Goalies
Giordano​
|
Brodie​
|
Ramo​
Russell​
|
Wideman​
|
McDonald​
Butler​
|
O'Brien​
|

You call this clean? The asymmetry of that far right column is rustling the **** out of my jimmies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Does Washington even have an enforcer? Why play McGrats?

Because we have Monahan and Baertschi playing. If any of those Washington guys thinks they're going to take liberties and teach these guys a lesson, they'll have Big Ern to deal with.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Because we have Monahan and Baertschi playing. If any of those Washington guys thinks they're going to take liberties and teach these guys a lesson, they'll have Big Ern to deal with.

Exactly, this start of the year is always a **** show for players taking liberties on others. Grats will likely see more games at the start of the season than later on.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I like the lines, Colborne obviously isn't ready to go yet. He must be under going his religious conversion still.

I also believe that SOB and Butler will both be gone come deadline time. Burke won't be able to tolerate it.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I like the lines, Colborne obviously isn't ready to go yet. He must be under going his religious conversion still.

I also believe that SOB and Butler will both be gone come deadline time. Burke won't be able to tolerate it.

6 more days in the Clamato bath to rid him of his Leaf stench :sarcasm:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
O'Brien has another year on his contract after this one at 2M. Doubt they could find any takes for him if he plays as badly as he likely will.

Aug 3, 2010
Painful seeing Stempniak on the top line. He needs to find his game and fast, or else I hope Cammalleri gets healthy pronto.

Sep 13, 2009
Painful seeing Stempniak on the top line. He needs to find his game and fast, or else I hope Cammalleri gets healthy pronto.

Painful seeing Stajan on the top line. He needs to get demoted to the 3rd line and fast, or else I hope Backlund/Monahan break out pronto.

fyp :sarcasm:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

He hasn't even played a game yet lets calm down. The top 9 will get relatively the same amount of ice time who cares where he plays. Also Feaster hinted that it might be Sven going down when Cammy comes back in his presser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad