2013-14 Line Combos

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Okay, this is obviously quite premature. However as this weekend unfolds a lot will be cleared up, atleast with respect to who we select at 6.

Also this can factor in Jones, O'Brien, C.Knight etc.,

Who wants to take the first stab?

Baertschi – Backlund - Jones
Glencross - Monahan/Lindholm - Hudler
Cammalleri - Horak/Knight - Stempniak
Bouma - Horak/Knight - Jackman

Last edited:

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Baertschi - Backlund - Hudler
Glencross - Knight - Jones
McGrattan - Reinhart - Horak
Bouma/Jackman

Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Butler
O'Brien - Cundari
Breen

Ramo
MacDonald

Maybe a guy like Monahan can make the team if we pick him.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Cammalleri-Stajan-Stempniak
Baertschi-Backlund-Jones
Glencross-Knight-Hudler
Jackman-Bouma-McGrattan

Giordano-Wideman
Brodie-Butler
Cundari-O'Brien

Ramo
MacDonald

I'm not putting Horak or Reinhart on the fourth line, but I think they're first in line in case of injury.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If we assume we don't sign anyone

Hudler - Backlund - Cammy
Sven - Stajan - Jones
Glencross - Knight - Stempniak
Bouma - Reinhart - Jackman

Gio - Brodie
Wideman - Butler
Cundari - O'Brien

Trae

Calgary
Every single one of you have Glencross on your third line yet he is our best forward. Yes, better than Cammy.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Every single one of you have Glencross on your third line yet he is our best forward. Yes, better than Cammy.

Yes but Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak was a great checking line and our best overall line.

Keeping him on the 3rd line doesn't mean he sucks as our top 3 lines will see roughly the same ice time but it maximizes his abilities.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Line #1: Sven Baertschi - Mikael Backlund - Mike Cammalleri

Baertschi gets his chance to lead the team, Cammalleri provides a good shot and passing option for the 2 young Euros. Baertschi and Backlund will learn alot from Cammalleri about playing on the 1st line.

Line #2: Jiri Hudler - Matt Stajan - David Jones

Stajan & Jones will make up for Hudler's sometimes lackadaisical defensive play, up front Stajan and hudler should be able to find Jones enough to get him going.

Line #3: Curtis Glencross - Corban Knight - Lee Stempniak

The line will be quick, play a good two way game and should score its share of goals. I know a good argument could be made for Glencross in the top 6, but I really think during a rebuild it is important to keep kids with players they can learn from.

Line #4: Lance Bouma - Max Reinhart - Tim Jackman

Bouma's return will bring alot of energy to the 4th line, Jackman will continue to throw around his body and provide some toughness when called upon. I have Max slated in as the #4 center because he can play a solid defensive game, but I expect a 4th line center to be acquired so Reinhart can develop in the AHL playing top minutes.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Baertschi gets his chance to lead the team, Cammalleri provides a good shot and passing option for the 2 young Euros. Baertschi and Backlund will learn alot from Cammalleri about playing on the 1st line.

Stajan & Jones will make up for Hudler's sometimes lackadaisical defensive play, up front Stajan and hudler should be able to find Jones enough to get him going.

The line will be quick, play a good two way game and should score its share of goals. I know a good argument could be made for Glencross in the top 6, but I really think during a rebuild it is important to keep kids with players they can learn from.

Bouma's return will bring alot of energy to the 4th line, Jackman will continue to throw around his body and provide some toughness when called upon. I have Max slated in as the #4 center because he can play a solid defensive game, but I expect a 4th line center to be acquired so Reinhart can develop in the AHL playing top minutes.

I like this, but I might swap Hudler and Cammy. Hudler did much better with Backlund last season than Cammy did.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I am a fan of these lines, but I personally believe that McGrattan is a better player than Jackman on most nights. Likely, they will be rotated so that's a minor point. Max being in the AHL is key for me, so I wouldn't mind seeing Bouma play centre and put both Jackman and Grats on his wings. That line could cause some serious frustration, not to mention contusion, for the opposition.

By all accounts, Jones should be able to make some hay with Hudler on his wing.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Glencross - Backlund - Jones
Sven - Monahan/Lindholm - Hudler
Cammy - Stajan - Stempniak
Bouma - Kinght - Jackman

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I like this, but I might swap Hudler and Cammy. Hudler did much better with Backlund last season than Cammy did.
I do not want Hudler on the 1st line under and circumstance. Quite simply he is not good enough. Let Backlund and Cammy develop chemistry, they never had had the chance to develop any last season because both were playing center for most of the year. I also want Hudler with Stajan because that is who he had his best success with. Stajan did a fantastic job of finding Hudler and Cervenka when the line was together and I think Jones fits with them as a "replacement" for Cervenka because of his shot and willingness to score goals from inside the hashmarks and at least Jones is better defensively and not scared of body contact.

I am a fan of these lines, but I personally believe that McGrattan is a better player than Jackman on most nights. Likely, they will be rotated so that's a minor point. Max being in the AHL is key for me, so I wouldn't mind seeing Bouma play centre and put both Jackman and Grats on his wings. That line could cause some serious frustration, not to mention contusion, for the opposition.

By all accounts, Jones should be able to make some hay with Hudler on his wing.
I want McGrattan back too. I just included guys that were RFA or under contract.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
If we pick Lindholm is he really ready for the NHL right away?
All reports point to him playing one more year in Brynäs. He probably could come over next season, but I'm not sure it would be such a great idea. Maybe if he has a spectacular training camp. I really hope Feaster & co. don't base their pick on this...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I really hope Granlund is that surprise guy who makes the team.

Unless we trade some of our NHLers, I just don't see how there's any more room for rookies (excluding fourth liners) on our roster. Who would we scratch? The only exception I can think of is if we put Stajan on the fourth line to open up a spot at centre, but I just feel like we'd be better off trading him.

Trae

Calgary
Cammalleri - Seguin - Stempniak
Glencross - Stajan - Hudler
Baertschi - Backlund - Jones
Bouma - Knight - McGrattan

Giordano - Butler
Brodie - Wideman
Wotherspoon - O'Brien
(X) Cundari

Ramo
MacDonald