Injury Report: 2013-14 Injury Thread

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Didnt take long to get the lineup we all wanted. Stafford for Foligno soon Im predicting.

AirBriere48

Oct 22, 2006
When the hell did this happen? He played the whole game. Maybe that's why he sucked so bad - he literally coughed the puck up every time he had it on his stick.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
When the hell did this happen? He played the whole game. Maybe that's why he sucked so bad - he literally coughed the puck up every time he had it on his stick.

It can be hard to know if you have a cracked rib or a bad bruise when you have the adrenaline flowing and the gear on. Doesn't surprise me that he played through it and discovered the crack afterwards.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Addition by subtraktion. I remember a time when I was really excited over getting Leino...

I never wish for a player to be injured, but as far as the team goes, I think this is great news. It's too bad for Leino though. He can never get on track.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Worth noting, too, that the Sabres have basically nothing in Rochester at forward that are viable call ups. Luke Adam is the next call up. After that, take your pick between Varone, Catenacci or one of the vets.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Worth noting, too, that the Sabres have basically nothing in Rochester at forward that are viable call ups. Luke Adam is the next call up. After that, take your pick between Varone, Catenacci or one of the vets.

Well a guy like Foligno should be ready in a week. Then you have guys like Armia and Tropp in a month.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
We scratched two Forwards last night anyway so we don't have to dip any further into Rochesters depth... yet.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Typical Leino, wonder how long he'll actually be out. Months?

For a cracked rib? Probably three weeks in the regular season, one week in the playoffs. You can tape it during a game if need be. However since it is the beginning of the season probably non contact in a week or two, and playing in a month.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
"Yet" being the operative word.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Current NHL injury list shows 92 injuries:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/

I don't see what the big deal is at this point.
They have Larsson - arguably the best forward in camp.
Scott could go if need be.
Foligno should be back soon.
Adam is a viable call-up and has played okay for short stretches when motivated. You guys hate him in Rochester anyways.
This is a rebuilding organization, so what's wrong with calling up a Catenacci or Varone?
The vets are an option as well

I really don't see all the need for the handwringing RWB

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
He left the ice in the 2nd (?), but returned for what I thought was the rest of the game. Any idea what the issue is?
Not sure on the specifics, but he left with five minutes remaining in the second and then skated a shift in the dying seconds of the period to test the issue. He then skated just three shifts for 1:27 TOI in the third.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Miller (LBI):
But the Sabres needed another goalie after starter Ryan Miller (lower body) was injured in Friday’s 1-0 loss to Ottawa.

Sabres general manager Darcy Regier said Miller’s injury is “nothing serious, just minor.”

“It’s very short-term in nature,” he said.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
But seriously: We lost Foligno, Zadorov, Armia and Tropp during pre-season. We are now two (2!) games into the regular season and have to add Leino, Tallinder and Miller to the list. And this, the "injury bug" has been haunting us for years. It can't be all bad luck. Maybe it's time to evaluate practice schedules, trainers, everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad