Injury Report: 2013-14 Injury Thread

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Before last weekend I was thinking how the team was healthy as I was hearing injuries for other teams.

Changes quickly.

Hope Tropp and Armia heal well.

I guess Armia can hang out with Risto a little longer in Buffalo and collect his NHL pay.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Director of NHL Player Safety not doing his job?

I guess it just sucks to have Tropp, Foligno, and Armia out because of illegal hockey plays. I know hockey is a collision sport, but these weren't normal/legal hockey plays.
Foligno got checked/pushed from behind and Armia took a slash to the hand.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Yeah, what's up with that? I love it, but why was Ruff so secretive?

That sucks so much that Armia has a broken hand, as he was looking very very good last night.
Probably to add to the fog of war and the ambiguity may slightly protect his injured players.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It's a real shame about Armia's injury. He wasn't going to make the team out of camp but a strong start in Rochester would have been a good start to his NA pro career.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
who the bleep slashed him ? That player should be suspended, and I would like to see players like that suspended for the duration that the injured player is out. Or at least have set suspensions for certain injuries - ie: broken hand- 5 week suspension, torn acl - 8 weeks, etc.....

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 23m

Rolston says he plans to have Foligno available for Wednesday's game. #Sabres

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Foligno to miss opener, may miss the weekend:
Here's what Rolston had to say on Foligno's status:

"He’s been skating. We’ve been trying him every morning, so I don’t know. It would be hard now. Possibly on the weekend, but it’s not a for-sure thing.

"He’s been going out in the morning and trying it and it’s just not where it needs to be to put him in that situation where if he gets bumped or anything like that to set him back further. So we want him back in the lineup, but we want to make sure that when he’s back, he’s healthy and we don’t put him in any situation where he could further injure something."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad