Injury Report: 2013-14 Injury Thread

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I just watched the game a couple hours ago and avoided reading anything about it until after I watched, so was there any word on the nature of the injuries? Tropp obviously had a concussion and I assume Foligno hurt his knee, or possibly ankle/groin. Any word specifically on Foligno's prognosis?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I just watched the game a couple hours ago and avoided reading anything about it until after I watched, so was there any word on the nature of the injuries? Tropp obviously had a concussion and I assume Foligno hurt his knee, or possibly ankle/groin. Any word specifically on Foligno's prognosis?

Foligno gets pushed into the dasher a bit from behind by Jersey Shore on the Tropp goal and comes off favoring/clutching at his shoulder. It may be just a stinger, we'll know more tomorrow.

McCormick has a minor hand injury and will be returning by Wednesday.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Foligno gets pushed into the dasher a bit from behind by Jersey Shore on the Tropp goal and comes off favoring/clutching at his shoulder. It may be just a stinger, we'll know more tomorrow.

McCormick has a minor hand injury and will be returning by Wednesday.

I must have missed the Foligno hit, assumed his injury was from that sweet Bernier pokecheck where both players got up a bit gingerly.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
And so it begins! I bet Tropp is out at least a month, if not two, and I feel terrible for the kid. It sounds like McCormick landed on the other side of the spectrum and should be back sooner rather than later.

That leaves Foligno as the big question mark, and an important one at that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I must have missed the Foligno hit, assumed his injury was from that sweet Bernier pokecheck where both players got up a bit gingerly.

It's the pass from the corner that he gets the assist for on the Tropp goal where he gets dinged.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Watch the highlights of the Tropp goal. Brennan hits him from behind in the corner. Foligno falls awkwardly into the boards.

Left Shoulder.

http://goo.gl/lpg3vj

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
In the interview from Rolston he gave the impression that Mccormick got hurt by getting hit in the hand by a puck.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Watch the highlights of the Tropp goal. Brennan hits him from behind in the corner. Foligno falls awkwardly into the boards.

Left Shoulder.

http://goo.gl/lpg3vj

Foligno was moving his arm around and testing out his shoulder after the goal. Some people have been worried it was separated -- didn't look that bad to me. Definitely a dangerous play though.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
In the interview from Rolston he gave the impression that Mccormick got hurt by getting hit in the hand by a puck.

Seems like Rolston is more forth-coming about injuries than Ruff ever was.

Unless, he is going to describe every upper body injury as a sore hand.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
I'm pretty disappointed that Tropp has another concussion. I love how the kid plays, and I think he'd be a great bottom 6 winger for us if he could stay healthy.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Is Tropps concussion confirmed yet? There is little doubt that he has one, I'd just like to know if there is any official word on it yet.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Just saw on the TSN ticket that Tropp is out indefinitely while he continues to be evaluated for concussion

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Just saw on the TSN ticket that Tropp is out indefinitely while he continues to be evaluated for concussion

I believe Rolston told that to the AP earlier in the evening. We all expected it, but it's no less fun to hear. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Tropper.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Tropp has a broken jaw. Out 5-6 weeks per Harrington.

Well, at least it's not a concussion. Hopefully Foligno won't be out of commission too long. Having both out for a long stretch would leave us pretty thin on guys who can be physical and actually play hockey.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Well, at least it's not a concussion. Hopefully Foligno won't be out of commission too long. Having both out for a long stretch would leave us pretty thin on guys who can be physical and actually play hockey.

Has that been confirmed? IIRC doesn't a concussion usually accompany a broken jaw?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
McCormick on the ice per Sabres.com

MORNING SKATE 10:30 a.m.

26 Thomas Vanek – 19 Cody Hodgson – 21 Drew Stafford
9 Steve Ott – 63 Tyler Ennis – 23 Ville Leino
28 Zemgus Girgensons – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 33 Joel Armia
32 John Scott – 22 Johan Larsson – 36 Patrick Kaleta
72 Luke Adam – 12 Kevin Porter – 65 Brian Flynn
8 Cody McCormick

Not Skating: Marcus Foligno, Corey Tropp .

Edit - from an hour ago:

Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 56m
Marcus Foligno just came out on the ice. #Sabres

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Great to hear Marcus is out there skating. Hopefully he's ready for Oct 2nd. Get well soon Tropper

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
Good news on Foligno. After he was hit and they scored, you could see him coming back to the bench and he raised his arm way over his head, which I thought was good sign. I was afraid of a separation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad