Injury Report: 2013-14 Injury Thread

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
17, 80, and 82 all back in the lineup tonight. 24 is back to being healthy enough to play but is a scratch for tonight.

6 and 10 also both in tonight.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

Tallinder getting closer to return; he says he'll likely be a game-time decision tomorrow. #Sabres

‏@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres Head Coach Ted Nolan says Drew Stafford will return to the lineup tomorrow.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl 1m
Sabres who left: Matt Hackett, Brian Flynn, Chris Stewart, Christian Ehrhoff and Matt D'Agostini

:facepalm:

ONE. MORE. GAME.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 39m
Matt Hackett never left the arena and will return to Buffalo with the team. #sabres -CR

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 20m
Nolan says Ehrhoff has a mild concussion, Stewart a lower-body injury, Flynn a lower-body injury. They won't play tomorrow.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 16m
Nolan says D'Agostini also injured (lower body) and he won't play tomorrow.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 12m
Nolan on Hackett: "It doesn't look good right now. We'll wrap him up as best we can, get him back home, have our doctors look at him."

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Myers had broken ribs

Here are five updates on Sabres who couldn’t finish the season. With the schedule finally over, most players will reveal what happened to them.

– Goalie Jhonas Enroth said he sprained his right MCL when Montreal’s Brendan Gallagher hit him March 16.

“They told me four to six weeks,†he said. “(Sunday) was four weeks. So it’s starting to get a little bit better. I should be turning the corner here in the next couple days. I’m feeling pretty good right now.â€

– Goalie Nathan Lieuwen, who has a scary concussion history, said he’s recovering well from the one he sustained last Sunday in Philadelphia. The rookie, who was in good spirits, wouldn’t rule out playing again this season if Rochester advances in the playoffs.

– Winger Chris Stewart re-injured his right ankle during his first shift Saturday in Boston.

“I just kind of toe-picked and tweaked it the wrong way,†he said. “Just a precaution, just shut it down. It’s just about getting healthy and having a good offseason and coming back strong next year.â€

– Defenseman Alexander Sulzer suffered the first concussion of his career March 13 in Carolina.

“It’s the first one,†he said. “So I didn’t know what to expect. It’s not getting better as fast as I was hoping.â€

– Goalie Michal Neuvirth would only say he sustained a lower-body injury March 13. Neuvirth finished that game and kept practicing before sitting out a few days. He returned briefly but the Sabres quickly shut him down for the season.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Neuvirth - hip injury
Foligno - shoulder injury (possible surgery)
Tallinder - "bulge on ankle that needs to be cut off"
Hackett - Knee injury, sounded extensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad