Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 4

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Kadri fits this team so well. Love his swagger. Brayden won't like it here either after the way we treated Luke.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
this is the most ridiculous thing I have read.

I don't think it is. Im sure being a member of HF, that you've read dumber. Heck, most of my trade proposals are dumber than what he said.

That being said, I disagree with that fellows post. Kadri used to have a poor attitude and was immature. I really like the progress he has made and I attribute that directly to Dion Phaneuf. He is the captain and it is very clear in their daily interviews on TML.com that Phaneuf has helped coach him in the way he handles questions in the media.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
So the new rumor swirling around is the Flames having interest in inquiring Gardiner. My question is what kind of return would you be looking for from that organization. The only roster player that I assume may be a moveable asset for the flames that I'd be interested in is Glencross. 2.5 Mil for another season after this is really good value for a guy that can play up and down on the depth chart. Of course you'd have a logjam on the wing so this is what I propose. Glencross + 2nd for Gardiner, Kulemin, and Liles. Before you freak out, hear me out. Nobody is interested in JML's contract unless you're taking another bad contract back which is a bit redundant so you sweeten the pot by sending the flames two real good players still approaching their prime years and you get back a good replacement for Kulie and lots of cap flexibility going forward. Thoughts?

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
So the new rumor swirling around is the Flames having interest in inquiring Gardiner. My question is what kind of return would you be looking for from that organization. The only roster player that I assume may be a moveable asset for the flames that I'd be interested in is Glencross. 2.5 Mil for another season after this is really good value for a guy that can play up and down on the depth chart. Of course you'd have a logjam on the wing so this is what I propose. Glencross + 2nd for Gardiner, Kulemin, and Liles. Before you freak out, hear me out. Nobody is interested in JML's contract unless you're taking another bad contract back which is a bit redundant so you sweeten the pot by sending the flames two real good players still approaching their prime years and you get back a good replacement for Kulie and lots of cap flexibility going forward. Thoughts?

I'm assuming this came from a credible source not named eklund...right?

EDIT: Holy crap i should have read your whole post before jumping the gun.

There is no way in hell the leafs are going to move Gardiner just to dump JML. There's no interest in Glencross, even if it were Glencross+ for Gardiner or even Glencross for Kulie.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

There is no way in hell the leafs are going to move Gardiner just to dump JML. There's no interest in Glencross, even if it were Glencross+ for Gardiner or even Glencross for Kulie.

Yeah the only player on the Flames roster (excluding top prospects like Monahan and what not) that would really be worth it for us to trade away Gardiner would probably be Giordano.

Glencross is all right but there's no way we trade one of our best young assets for a winger. We need to bolster our defense, not the wings.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Sorry mate, wrong way to look at it.

Calg is the motivated seller here, we don't need to lose Liles cap hit this season and next year if a buy out happens his hit is only 800k next year.

To facilitate a trade they would have to take Liles just to make it possible, no sweetner is needed.

Now to the actual trade parts, I would not even trade Kuli strait up for Glenncross.

Liles for Glen, ya sure i'd think about it.

Right now i think DN is ok having Liles in the system as PO D depth.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

Like the others have said, we're not desperate to move liles this year. And we will not give up an asset to do so. We'll just trade him next year when the cap goes up or just buy him out cause its the best and cheepest option.

Also, wouldn't trade kulimen for glencross and you want Gardiner? C'mon man...

Curious, where did you hear this rumor?

Edit: nvm, its an eklund rumour. Meaning Gardiner won't get traded to the flames :laugh:

Last edited:

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
We don't need an upgrade on the wing that's for sure.

I know Tyler Bozak is our number 1 center but we really don't even have room for an upgrade on C anyways. We have 3 number 2 centers, and it works. Bozak, Kadri, Bolland. Then we have McClement, Holland and Smithson. Bozak and Kadri aren't going anywhere IMO and Bollands injured and I hope we re-sign him unless he has high demands.

Don't need an upgrade on goal either obviously.

D can use an upgrade but eh were winning right now, I don't really wanna make any trades. I always come on this board and someones being shipped out even if were winning.

mikebel111*

I don't think it is. Im sure being a member of HF, that you've read dumber. Heck, most of my trade proposals are dumber than what he said.

That being said, I disagree with that fellows post. Kadri used to have a poor attitude and was immature. I really like the progress he has made and I attribute that directly to Dion Phaneuf. He is the captain and it is very clear in their daily interviews on TML.com that Phaneuf has helped coach him in the way he handles questions in the media.

Yeah i jumped the gun i guess, but still he is much better now

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I would maybe do Clarkson for Cammy, please do Clarkson for Cammy, please, or Bozak.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
I would maybe do Clarkson for Cammy, please do Clarkson for Cammy, please, or Bozak.

I don't know that I would trade for Cammi at all, he stated in the past he didnt want to play in Toronto so he can pound salt and rot in Calgary and enjoy their even more frigid winters.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Sorry mate, wrong way to look at it.

Calg is the motivated seller here, we don't need to lose Liles cap hit this season and next year if a buy out happens his hit is only 800k next year.

To facilitate a trade they would have to take Liles just to make it possible, no sweetner is needed.

Now to the actual trade parts, I would not even trade Kuli strait up for Glenncross.

Liles for Glen, ya sure i'd think about it.

Right now i think DN is ok having Liles in the system as PO D depth.

Yeah I'm convinced you've never seen Glencross play. Calgary doesn't answer a Toronto phone call for a year if the Leafs offered Liles for him. And without a doubt they still say no to Kulemin for Glencross.

He's very underrated. He's a top 6 power forward winger getting paid 2.5 million dollars. That's not something you come across a lot. Feaster went so far as to say that he was untouchable last year.

Glencross would not come cheap. Not that we need him (with our wings, it makes little sense), but if we wanted him, it would be for a heavy price.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Yeah I'm convinced you've never seen Glencross play. Calgary doesn't answer a Toronto phone call for a year if the Leafs offered Liles for him. And without a doubt they still say no to Kulemin for Glencross.

He's very underrated. He's a top 6 power forward winger getting paid 2.5 million dollars. That's not something you come across a lot. Feaster went so far as to say that he was untouchable last year.

Glencross would not come cheap. Not that we need him (with our wings, it makes little sense), but if we wanted him, it would be for a heavy price.

So... everything Clarkson is supposed to bring for 3 million less?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
So... everything Clarkson is supposed to bring for 3 million less?

he hasn't reached the 50pt mark once.. he's a great 3LW, an adequate 2LW, and a bad 1LW. And he doesn't fight. Good character guy though, leads by example. Similar to McClement but with more offensive ability and grit. I've watched a fair amount of Calgary and Glencross and he doesn't play as big as Clarkson does either. Clarkson's salary aside, Glencross would be a solid 3LW fit if we didn't have Raymond, but I wouldn't supplant Raymond with Glencross.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad