Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 4

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapleleafs Fan*

With all due respect, passion and compete are great as long as they don't get you in trouble (see Darcy Tucker). Ego is great as long as you can back it up (see Kanye West). The major issue I have with his attitude as it applies to on the ice is his brutal dives. I've never seen anyone attempt a dive while employing a flying forearm to the head of a goalie before. It's as if he was trying make it seem like the goalie used his head to trip him.

Where do you come up with this nonsense philosophy?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
How many Habs games have you watched this year? Tinordi is a stud. Don't judge a player by where he was drafted. Defenders like him are really hard to find and are super valuable.

And Schenn is not much of a downgrade on Kadri. Kadri's attitude sucks. I'd rather have a Mike Richards than an Mike Ribeiro.

Tibordi's not a stud he had top 4 potential but right now he's nothing more than Mark Fraser 2.0. The dudes a mean grinder defenseman that can drop the gloves but is slow as hell and has no offensive output. I'm sure you'd love a Kadri - Galchenyuk dou for the habs top 2 lines in the future but you'll have to give up more to get Kadri.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
The only knock I have on Kadri is his foot speed, and that has been hotly contested here. Tinordi is looking like Keaton Ellerby with at most Jared Cowan upside. Cowan now, not last year.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Coburn is a name that should interest Leaf fans.

He's fit the bio of the big physical defensive Dman who can play 20+ minutes a night that we need.

I propose:

Coburn (with 1 million retained per year)

For

Gardiner

Philly retains 1 million because Gardiner will come in at a lower cap hit once he gets his next deal and because Gardiner has 4 more guaranteed years till UFA status vs. Coburn who only has 2 years but is the better player and type of player we need.

Creating offence from the D group will continue to be just fine as we have Phaneuf, Rielly here for the long term + Franson, Liles + prospects Brennan and Finn.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
:laugh:

Ohhh boy.

We should just stop there.

Don't get Kadri's passion and compete level confused with a bad attitude.

:laugh: I just shook my head when I read it.

I would actually think Kadri's "attitude" and compete level are actually much more comparable WITH Mike Richards actually. Two smallish guys who are extremely talented, have a high compete level, and have agitator qualities.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
With all due respect, passion and compete are great as long as they don't get you in trouble (see Darcy Tucker). Ego is great as long as you can back it up (see Kanye West). The major issue I have with his attitude as it applies to on the ice is his brutal dives. I've never seen anyone attempt a dive while employing a flying forearm to the head of a goalie before. It's as if he was trying make it seem like the goalie used his head to trip him.

You saw it as a dive, i saw it as an attempt not to land on Backstroms head which you know, is quite dangerous.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Eric Staal's compete level is suspect. This guy does enough to put up his 70 pts a year and that's it. If you don't believe me, go ask Canes fans. He isn't a consistent performer.

For that package, I want someone who is gonna bust his ass every game.

Lucky us, Kadri already does that.

OLUSAF

Sep 8, 2007
How is that exactly?

Currently, when healthy the Leafs depth at center can compete with most teams in the league but we do t really have a center who is a head above the rest. On any given night one of our current centers can raise their level of play to match up against legit 1st liners but Staal is consistently at that level.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Currently, when healthy the Leafs depth at center can compete with most teams in the league but we do t really have a center who is a head above the rest. On any given night one of our current centers can raise their level of play to match up against legit 1st liners but Staal is consistently at that level.

This is where you are so very, very, very incorrect.

Staal is a terribly streaky player.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Definitely Jared, poor *******

Not his fault he sucks. :laugh:

When he played here in Toronto, he reminded me so much of Antropov on the Leafs in the early years. So uncoordinated and unfamiliar with his body, just couldn't put it together like the rest of the Staal bros.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I find it hilarious that Cool Hand Luke thinks Kadri has a bad attitude and has bad on ice behavior, yet he's fine with acquiring Brayden Schenn. Have you even seen Brayden play dude? He's one of the biggest little *****es in the league. He pulls plenty of dirty Flyer antics when he's on the ice. Did you see when he fought that Urbon guy in the Washington line brawl? He purposely knocks off Urbon's helmet without taking off his own and proceeds to fight with the visor on.

Luke is classy, Brayden is not. Enjoyed seeing him get destroyed by Tom Wilson in pre-season.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
You know...I used to love the idea of Schenn but after seeing Kadri grow up in front of my eyes and seeing how far he has come and the time and effort he's put in. I'm damn happy with this kid, I remember a lot of people were even skeptical of kadri last season and he proved every single of those people wrong...yet here we are...after a very good season, still looking for a greener pasture. I don't get it why people are obsessed with Brayden schenn, and this is coming from a guy who wanted him BAD during his draft year. It's done and over with, move on and let' kadri's skill shut you all up....again.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
You know...I used to love the idea of Schenn but after seeing Kadri grow up in front of my eyes and seeing how far he has come and the time and effort he's put in. I'm damn happy with this kid, I remember a lot of people were even skeptical of kadri last season and he proved every single of those people wrong...yet here we are...after a very good season, still looking for a greener pasture. I don't get it why people are obsessed with Brayden schenn, and this is coming from a guy who wanted him BAD during his draft year. It's done and over with, move on and let' kadri's skill shut you all up....again.

LR, you not seeing the pattern here? Schenn,Couturier,Stastny,ROR, J Staal(when in pitt)

Folks are looking for a upgrade on Bozo, one that fits our age bracket.

Gotta give leaf nation some credit, atleast they are looking at teams who may have an interest in moving one, seeing they have their #1/2 covered already.

Col has 3,Philly has 3,Pitt had 3.

mikebel111*

How many Habs games have you watched this year? Tinordi is a stud. Don't judge a player by where he was drafted. Defenders like him are really hard to find and are super valuable.

And Schenn is not much of a downgrade on Kadri. Kadri's attitude sucks. I'd rather have a Mike Richards than an Mike Ribeiro.

this is the most ridiculous thing I have read.

mikebel111*

I find it hilarious that Cool Hand Luke thinks Kadri has a bad attitude and has bad on ice behavior, yet he's fine with acquiring Brayden Schenn. Have you even seen Brayden play dude? He's one of the biggest little *****es in the league. He pulls plenty of dirty Flyer antics when he's on the ice. Did you see when he fought that Urbon guy in the Washington line brawl? He purposely knocks off Urbon's helmet without taking off his own and proceeds to fight with the visor on.

Luke is classy, Brayden is not. Enjoyed seeing him get destroyed by Tom Wilson in pre-season.

but but he has a good defensive game:sarcasm:

anyways, can't believe there are people around that still want brayden.

take kadri 10 times out of 10.

elite skill, annoys opponents but a normal way, which is get under their skin, improving D game which is IMO, pretty good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad