Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 3

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I've always liked Mattias, id think his value is better than a 3rd on its own though
add Liles and you'd probably have to add a prospect plus retain salary

I think Fleischmenn would be a great pick up too

Kulemin, D'Amigo, Liles (35% retained), conditional pick if Kulemin signs or not

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
I've always liked Mattias, id think his value is better than a 3rd on its own though
add Liles and you'd probably have to add a prospect plus retain salary

I think Fleischmenn would be a great pick up too

Kulemin, D'Amigo, Liles (35% retained), conditional pick if Kulemin signs or not

Tallon sounds desperate to make a move. Maybe nonis can work some magic and dump liles and his whole contract on him.

mikebel111*

Flames get smid and olivior roy from oilers for horak and broissot

Sorry about spelling

Wow didnt see this comin!

Censored23

May 20, 2011
Flames get smid and olivior roy from oilers for horak and broissot

Sorry about spelling

Wow didnt see this comin!

Hooooo boy, are Oilers fans PISSED right now. Seems like such a lopsided trade win for the Flames.

Apparently some rumors that the trade was to clear cap space for Bryzgalov signing in Edmonton. Dont know what to say about that other than...wow.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
So basically they are placing all the blame on the goaltending? Who do they use on defense to replace Smid? :help:

mikebel111*

Hooooo boy, are Oilers fans PISSED right now. Seems like such a lopsided trade win for the Flames.

Apparently some rumors that the trade was to clear cap space for Bryzgalov signing in Edmonton. Dont know what to say about that other than...wow.
I think oilers should have gotten more. Like u said, to sign bryz, this is interesting trade.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Wow Edmonton got bent over here... only way I can see this making any sense is if Edmonton isn't done. I really, REALLY wouldn't be surprised to see Edmonton make another move or two in the next day or two with Philly. Stay tuned. E4 ;)

And on Tallon being desperate for a move - I think the opposite is true. If he was desperate he would have made a move already.

member 147413

I would love Simmonds, great contract and the perfect 2nd line RWer we need. However Oil are probably going to overpay.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Ranger for Boyd Gordon?

not sure if the LTIR is enough to make it work long term but Gordon is a solid 3rd line C that would fill in for Bolland

Ranger is an Eakins guy

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Ranger for Boyd Gordon?

not sure if the LTIR is enough to make it work long term but Gordon is a solid 3rd line C that would fill in for Bolland

Ranger is an Eakins guy

Gordon has been really good for edmonton - he isn't going anywhere.

Simmonds deal will include a defenseman to replace Smid. Coburn, whatever.

Is anyone else not at all sold on this team right now? We may be 10-5 but we're just not that good. I hope Nonis is making calls.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Not shocking that they traded Smid. It's just shocking that they got so little for him. Maybe it's not a sellers market after all.

Which is odd since there is almost always next to 0 defensemen available and half the teams seem to always want to add another.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Which is odd since there is almost always next to 0 defensemen available and half the teams seem to always want to add another.

Certainly very few top-4 capable defensive defenders are available. Crap even we need one that's truly capable of top-4 duties.

IMO we should be shopping Franson, Gardiner and Kulemin. These guys are good, yes, but they just don't bring enough of what we need right now.

It's a bit of a crapshoot right now - moving targets, players are available in windows that may never open again. Really bizarre scene.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Now that they traded Smid, I wonder if Edmonton would be interested in Kulemin and Gardiner for one of their centres.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Of course MacT will deny it. The deal isn't done yet. The only time a GM that I can remember that said they have another deal coming is Burke, but the deal was done, Nonis was just doing the trade call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad