Prospect Info: 2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Honka and DeAngelo have great potential... but I duno, I would not feel as comfortable with them.

I agree. There is way too high of a bust rate for small offensive defensemen in the 1st round like with Ellis and Murphy. Plus you can get those guys later in the draft like the Flyers did with Gostisbehere.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I know both guys are rated a little further down the chart, but they're also two guys to keep an eye on because they're expected to be a big part of the US Team's U18 team and if they have a stellar performance, their stock is expected to rise significantly (more and more scouts are starting to place an importance on how prospects perform in this tournament).

I think Glover might drop to the top of the 2nd. I can see him falling much like Hagg did because he doesn't excel in any one thing. I don't think he will make it out of the top 40 though but you never know. Flyers should be picking around 45-46 in the 2nd.

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I think Glover might drop to the top of the 2nd. I can see him falling much like Hagg did because he doesn't excel in any one thing. I don't think he will make it out of the top 40 though but you never know. Flyers should be picking around 45-46 in the 2nd.

If Glover drops to the 2nd round, I could see him around the 45 - 46 mark. There's an awful lot of forwards available this year and I think you'll see a huge run on forwards in the bottom half of the draft.

As for Glover, I think he's Samuel Morin raw in that he needs to add more weight to his frame in order for him to be really effective. If he can get to the 210 - 215 mark, Glover might be able to really put everything together. Right now, he's just too light to be effective.

Just thinking though, if the Flyers can add McKeown and Glover to their defensive pool, that could possibly be one of the est groups of defensive prospects this club would have.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I hope not. But if so he may be done for good.

I hope not after what he has already been through.

I cannot imagine how devastating that would be for him.

I imagine even if your health returns to close to normal or normal after (which is the most important thing ofc) it must just be painful every day not being able to do what you know your 'body' is capable of doing and what you love doing more than most things on earth.

I imagine if you go through the initial recovery fine and the light and movement sensitivity etc stop, then you go for a few skates on a pond or with family/friends and everything seems ok and as good physically as ever... not like a knee or back injury where you are not 'the same' and you know it as soon as you take a stride... but you know you can never play again even though it may seem ok and you know you are capable... Just awful on every level.

As ultimately if it is a bad one again I doubt he comes back again.

For his sake I hope it is nothing serious. Really sad if so.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
From the phantoms beat writer:
10h
Diana C. Nearhos @dianacnearhos
Bourdon hit the wall badly on Saturday, has stitches above his eye and more issues have come out of it, according to Murray.
Retweeted by Frank Seravalli
ExpandReplyRetweetFavorite

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Laughton scores his 31st, 32nd, & 33rd goals & adds an assist tonight (72 points in 43 games).

Nice.

He is on 114 point pace (had he been able to play all 68!)

Before this year that would be the highest since 07-08 (scoring went down heavily after that year)... though several have gone at a higher pace but not played 68 since then:

John Tavares
Cody Hodgson
Chris Terry
Taylor Hall
Ryan Ellis (pretty crazy)
Brandon Saad
Connor Mcdavid
Connor Brown

so only 8 guys in 5 years had a higher pace

and this year:

Fox
Mcdavid
Brown

have a higher rate.

of the 6 guys who scored at a higher rate than Laughton and due to age could be in the NHL now all of them are. (Terry is the only one not fulltime.)

Though I think we all know Laughton is an NHLer whatever by now.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Laughton scores his 31st, 32nd, & 33rd goals & adds an assist tonight (72 points in 43 games).

I really hope this young gets a fair shot at the big club next year. And I mean not getting chump change minutes either. I like him as our 4th line center and PKer. and maybe some time on point on the PP. This kid is not a fringe player and he plays to win. Plus he is decent on face offs. Use him. With Giroux, Schenn, Couturier and Laughton the team is set at center for years to come. The kids are only going to get better.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I really hope this young gets a fair shot at the big club next year. And I mean not getting chump change minutes either. I like him as our 4th line center and PKer. and maybe some time on point on the PP. This kid is not a fringe player and he plays to win. Plus he is decent on face offs. Use him. With Giroux, Schenn, Couturier and Laughton the team is set at center for years to come. The kids are only going to get better.

Incoming broken record...

put Schenn on Girouxs wing and then Giroux, Couturier, Laughton, and 4th line center down the middle. That looks great to me.

Stanley Cup guaranteed.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I just have never seen a player like Laughton do so well and he isn't getting a lot of love around here(anywhere honestly). Kid is on a great pace and is showing he has a great offensive side to his game. Who were our last prospects to put up those type of numbers in juniors? I remember Giroux did.(and no, not saying Laughton will be that good)

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
This Popov guy playing for Russia, is he the one we drafted? Do we still have his rights? I don't expect him to come over I'm just wondering

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I meant highly touted like Laughton. Cousins has a lot of question marks about his game. Laughton was 22nd overall for a reason and Cousins a 3rd rounder. Flyers obviously saw something in his game to take him there and it seems to be paying off big time.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I meant highly touted like Laughton. Cousins has a lot of question marks about his game. Laughton was 22nd overall for a reason and Cousins a 3rd rounder. Flyers obviously saw something in his game to take him there and it seems to be paying off big time.

They haven't really had a lot of "highly touted" prospects in recent years. I don't know what that has to do with anything. They are producing at about the same rate in their 4th year in juniors. If anything that should temper expectations next year considering how Cousins has struggled to produce this year.

RJ8812*

Laughton is only highly touted by Flyers fans

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I honestly think Laughton is going to surprise a lot of people when he stays with the big club.

Also, I don't think Cousins and Laughton are comparable for production at the pro level. Laughton is more skilled, much better skater, much better defensively and has a great work ethic. It seems like all laughton needed was a little offensive confidence to showcase his skills.

RJ didn't you say he will be a 35 point player?

RJ8812*

I honestly think Laughton is going to surprise a lot of people when he stays with the big club.

Also, I don't think Cousins and Laughton are comparable for production at the pro level. Laughton is more skilled, much better skater, much better defensively and has a great work ethic. It seems like all laughton needed was a little offensive confidence to showcase his skills.

RJ didn't you say he will be a 35 point player?

I don't recall saying that specifically, but I don't think he'll be more than a solid shut-down centerman (3rd line) getting top PK minutes. Which isn't a bad thing. I don't see him being more than a 40-50 point producer in his prime

The people that think he's going to be a Mike Richards clone, need to think a little harder about that comparison

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why CAN'T he be like Richards? Look how quickly things can change. Look at Matta. He has come in and had a seamless transition to the NHL. Other players exceed expectations and draft positions, why can't he? Richards did. Giroux did. Why not him.

Treat him as a top 6 guy and let him go to the AHL first. Play him in an offensive role there and play against men. See if he can keep developing his offensive side. Who knows, maybe he does and he becomes a 60-70 point guy like Kesler. If he doesn't further develop it fine, then we still have a competent 3rd line C for the future. But if he does, then we will be a better team for it. It probably results in a trade of some sort of course but still. Allow the ADam Hall's of the world man out 4th line. Let our TALENTED guys gain OFFENSIVE experience in the AHL.

I love Couts, but I would rather have a Bolland type guy here for 2 years and then have a Scheifle type of impact for Couts 2 year later. Yes we benefited from Couts being here, but I would much rather us take our time with our offensive guys and play them in offensive roles rather than defensive ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad