2012 Subway Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Brace for sure, strong penalty killer with his tremendous speed and just a much better all around player. Won't agitate/cheap shot but I don't think being worse at everything else should get Rupert a spot. Have to wonder if a Leafs scout or something was involved with picking the teams, Rupert making it and Leivo and Percy both playing both games has to raise some eyebrows. No issues with Percy on both, Leivo playing both is highly questionable.

Someone has never seen Leivo play, and its you.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Interesting that Strome is playing twice while all the other locks are just playing once.

i like this

harrington, scheifele and dougie could all be playing in both games

give the bubble guys more icetime and better chance at impressing.

Spott knows what the returnees from last year can do. as a steelheads fan, great to see both Percy and DeMelo in there

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
i like this

harrington, scheifele and dougie could all be playing in both games

give the bubble guys more icetime and better chance at impressing.

Spott knows what the returnees from last year can do. as a steelheads fan, great to see both Percy and DeMelo in there

I agree with you about giving others a chance. I just wonder why Strome is playing both games. Probably nothing to it.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
WHL rosters expected to be announced at some point today. I would imagine within the next 2 hours.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Some players may need to be replaced already: Charles Hudon (concussion, unknown), Lucas Lessio (tendon cut by skate, three months), and Tom Wilson (fractured knuckles, two-three weeks).
Hudon was scheduled to play both Q games, Lessio in Guelph, and Wilson in Sarnia.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Looks like whoever wrote the WHL article copied and pasted from last year or something since a bunch of players are incorrectly listed as 92's.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
QMJHL hasn't won a game for 2 years, with how strong that Russian team is, how likely is it that they'll break that losing streak this year.

it will always be harder for the Q, i'd like to see the schedule reverse just to notice if the Q is really that bad or if the fatigue questions may influence the results (if they would start the serie in the W going to the O and finishing in the Q, maybe the russian teams might be more tired..... Juste wondering)

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Many Edmonton oil kings lol, hopefully St. Croix gets a serious look... I believe he should be on this upcoming world juniors team especially with what looks like the loss of lessio

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
it will always be harder for the Q, i'd like to see the schedule reverse just to notice if the Q is really that bad or if the fatigue questions may influence the results (if they would start the serie in the W going to the O and finishing in the Q, maybe the russian teams might be more tired..... Juste wondering)

Well, just looking at the defenders on the squad compared to the OHL and WHL...it's clear the Q just isn't producing the same level defenders.

Fulcrum

You can't cite fatigue as some kind of factor for the Q. You have to remember that the Russians are going through the worst of acclimatization themselves.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011

Agree. A lot of people believe that could be a factor, and I wish it would happen sometime.

bretzky29ca*

Anyone have an issue(off-ice problems aside), that a certain defenceman from Kelowna was left off the WHL roster?

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
He's a FWD now.

From what I'm told in another thread where I made the same mistake.
That isn't really relevant, he's 5th in WHL scoring so based on is play he should make it as a forward. Because of his car accident I have a feeling he wouldn't be on the team even if he was leading the league in scoring.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, just like how Cousins would never be put on the OHL team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad