2012 NHL re-draft: Gostisbehere first overall?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
#1 OV - 2012 draft

giphy.gif

Although that was impressive going basically coast-to-coast, what a weak goal to give up. Woof.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Love Olli but yeah loooool

I'd probably only take Forsberg over him. Been pissed the Pens took Pouliot over him since the very moment they didn't.

Edit - Oh Lindholm too.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ghost and Parayko woulda gone in 2011 draft if a time machine was made!!!.. both passed over

So they are disqualified!!haha

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Galchenyuk scores at a lower pace despite being a forward and is in his fourth NHL season. I'd like to see the reasoning. None of these are in AINEC territory.

I agree that using AINEC in this situation is ridiculous. There are a bunch of players who have started to separate themselves from the pack from the 2012 draft, including Galchenyuk, Ghost, Rielly, Forsberg, Lindholm and Parayko.

I think most Habs fans would gladly draft Galchenyuk again. We've been complaining about his TOI and usage for years. They've been playing with this guys linemates and and position like crazy. As soon as they give him some steady ice time and linemates, he produces. The guy has 16 goals and 6 assists in the last 26 games (2 months) which pretty munch coincides to when Desharnais got hurt and they started give him more TOI.

Lets wait 5 years before judging players from this draft.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Lindholm, Trouba and Forsberg, in some order (I can't decide between any of the three, that's how close it is), form the top three. Then it's Murray, Rielly and Parayko, followed by Slavin (the best of these five), Galchenyuk, Määttä, R.Murray and Ghost. Top 10 is not that far fetched.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Lindholm, Trouba and Forsberg, in some order (I can't decide between any of the three, that's how close it is), form the top three. Then it's Murray, Rielly and Parayko, followed by Slavin (the best of these five), Galchenyuk, Määttä, R.Murray and Ghost. Top 10 is not that far fetched.

I'd replace Määttä with Andersen.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
These types of discussions are always stupid because they're always premature to the extreme, however I wouldn't say he's #1 right now. In the long-term, he might end up having a case for it a few years or more down the line or he might not, nobody knows. There's him and about seven to nine other players competing for that right now.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think it's hilarious how deep the 2012 draft ended up, considering how awful the player picked #1 overall is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad