2012 NHL Mock Draft: Top 14 - (Redarmynative)

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bumping this for the updated standings (4/3/12 11:39 PM ET)

I think Isles grab Dumba for the huge upside he has. Forsberg drops to Toronto and Anaheim gets offensive depth.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Wild would Probly go Trouba over Reinhart. Cant believe i have to even talk about us picking those 2 now... Wild really ****** up

Why? Trouba and Reinhart both have top pairing potential. They have nearly the same value on draft day as Galchenyuk, Reilly and Dumba.

arsmaster*

Updated.

If anyone can tell me how to make a table that would be swell.

I have no clue either, but I've added them in the past by quoting a post with a table in it, then populate the table with what you want in it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Stars would take Girgensons or Gaunce over Collberg if all three were available.

byeyimini

Sep 10, 2002
Visit site
If Yakupov and Grigs went 1 and 2 to Clb and Edm, hardly far fetched...does Montreal take Murray at 3 ? He sounds like an amazing prospect, but I just have a feeling they won't. Am I wrong ??

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Stars would take Girgensons or Gaunce over Collberg if all three were available.

There were so many possible selections at #14 that I just put a guy who I thought the Stars would need. Are they weak down the middle?

I really want the leafs to grab Gally, Dumba, or Forsberg.

Where they sit now Forsberg seems like a sure thing and Galchenyuk seems less likely. Why do you need Dumba though? I thought Toronto was deep on defense?

I have no clue either, but I've added them in the past by quoting a post with a table in it, then populate the table with what you want in it.

Eh seems like a lot of work I'll just leave it for now.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pick | Team | Player | Position
1st | Columbus Blue Jackets | Nail Yakupov | Left/Right Winger
2nd | Edmonton Oilers | Mikhail Grigorenko | Center/Right Winger
3rd | Montreal Canadiens | Alex Galchenyuk | Center
4th | New York Islanders | Ryan Murray | Defenseman
5th | Toronto Maple Leafs | Filip Forsberg | Forward
6th | Anaheim Ducks | Matthew Dumba | Defenseman
7th | Minnesota Wild | Griffin Reinhart | Defenseman
8th | Carolina Hurricanes | Teuvo Teravainen | Forward
9th | Tampa Bay Lightning | Jacob Trouba | Defenseman
10th | Winnipeg Jets | Radek Faksa | Center
11th | Buffalo Sabres | Morgan Reilly | Defenseman
12th | Colorado Avalanche | Derek Pouliot | Defenseman
13th | Calgary Flames | Cody Ceci | Defenseman
14th | Dallas Stars | Sebastien Collberg | Right Winger

Just quote it for the code.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
There were so many possible selections at #14 that I just put a guy who I thought the Stars would need. Are they weak down the middle?

Our prospect pool is very weak there. We'd also take a defensemen over a winger, but most of the good ones were gone in your mock.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario

Where they sit now Forsberg seems like a sure thing and Galchenyuk seems less likely. Why do you need Dumba though? I thought Toronto was deep on defense?

Eh seems like a lot of work I'll just leave it for now.

I think Dumba could be a star at the next level. Imagine a potential Gardiner-Dumba pairing for years to come. Unbelievable.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I think Dumba could be a star at the next level. Imagine a potential Gardiner-Dumba pairing for years to come. Unbelievable.

I don't believe Dumba will be as good as everyone thinks he is. Look at Matt Corrente. He has the talent to be a good player in the NHL but he is on the smaller side and he always gets injured. As soon as Dumba proves that he won't be injury prone at the NHL level I will believe he can be star.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Maybe selecting Dumba would show Schultz that Anaheim doesn't need him.

he's a UFA isn't he? must be irresistable for a kid that age to be able to pick anywhere to go if he's wanted there. SoCal isn't the worst place to play by far, but he must have quite a number of teams to choose from. The Ducks probably still need and want him, but the odds must be long that he'll sign there. drafting a d-man at this draft would help fill the void.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
If Edmonton fails to draft a stud dman, then they deserve to fail.

bull****, they should take the BPA and it appears to be Grigs

Well I hate Edmonton so I wouldn't mind that. :sarcasm:

Many people are insisting that if Edmonton drafts 2nd they will take Grigs.

cool...i hate New Jersey! :laugh:

Failing would be not taking BPA.

MPS-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Grigorenko-Hemsky

**** yeah! :yo:

*ding, ding, ding* we have a winner! :handclap:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
If Edmonton fails to draft a stud dman, then they deserve to fail.

Are any of these guys true studs? That is the problem I have as an oiler fan. Each of the top rated guys has some good aspects and some potential holes. I don't see a Larsson in here. If the Oilers scouts feel one of the russians is significantly better than the Dmen then they should draft him. They actually have better depth on D than forward coming down the pipe after the guys already on the team.

Dec 2, 2010
I think Reinhart will be better than any D not named Murray in 4-5 years, but he'll go a little lower just like Hamilton did last year. The Ds will go Murray-Dumba-Trouba-Reilly-Ceci-Reinhart-Pouliot. Dumba could go first if Oilers decide to draft a D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad