2012 NHL Draft Top-100 (Combined from RLR, FC and ISS)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
forgot about another solid American for the 2012 draft; Josh Hanson - d - 6'2 190 - Portland Winterhawks

the kid may not be a top 30 pick, but it seems the prospect factory of Portland is going to produce another solid prospect in Josh. definitely deserving of a top 150 listing, this kid needs be listed as well and followed as he should be a solid riser.

Good to see Alaska producing some talent again: Josh Hanson and Brian Cooper....

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't know much about USHL Hockey, so this info on these guys is great!

Thank's for the reports!

you have definitely done an admirable job. making a list like this is daunting to say the least; you will not please a third of the people on here, including me!

I saw a lot of other USHL and US Highschool kids, so I figured you had a solid grasp of these regions thats why I made some comments about what I felt were omissions.

things will change mightly over the next 8-10 months, but this list is a solid start to at least get some honest debates and discussions going for the next crop of draft eligible kids.

keep up the good work, thanks.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
forgot about another solid American for the 2012 draft; Josh Hanson - d - 6'2 190 - Portland Winterhawks

the kid may not be a top 30 pick, but it seems the prospect factory of Portland is going to produce another solid prospect in Josh. definitely deserving of a top 150 listing, this kid needs be listed as well and followed as he should be a solid riser.

Good to see Alaska producing some talent again: Josh Hanson and Brian Cooper....

I don't think Josh Hanson really had a chance at ice time with the club, because Portland is so stacked.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
I don't know much about USHL Hockey, so this info on these guys is great!

Thank's for the reports!

Yes...sorry that I reacted to the list and not your effort which was Herculean and, as you saw, wasn't going to please everyone anyway...

Thank you very much!!!

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
Chlapik is forward.

Yes of course, my error. When I visualized him, I actually transposed him with the '95 D who played for Fargo and is now on NTDP. Both relatively big blonde headed kids.

Regardless, I know the player and I still don't see him as a better player than either Pigozzi or ZAR.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Yes of course, my error. When I visualized him, I actually transposed him with the '95 D who played for Fargo and is now on NTDP. Both relatively big blonde headed kids.

Regardless, I know the player and I still don't see him as a better player than either Pigozzi or ZAR.

Oh no problem, i'm all for contructive critisism.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Here's my top 15 for the offseason

1. Mikhail Grigorenko
2. Nail Yakupov
3. Ryan Murray
4. Nick Ebert
5. Jacob Trouba
6. Griffin Reinhart
7. Alex Galchenyuk
8. Olli Määttä
9. Matia Marcantuoni
10. Henrik Samuelsson
11. Slater Koekkoek
12. Filip Forsberg
13. Sebastian Collberg
14. Matt Dumba
15. Martin Frk

HM
Jordan Schmaltz
Michael Matheson
Morgan Rielly

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

1. Mikhail Grigorenko
2. Nail Yakupov
3. Ryan Murray
4. Nick Ebert
5. Jacob Trouba
6. Griffin Reinhart
7. Alex Galchenyuk
8. Olli Määttä
9. Matia Marcantuoni
10. Henrik Samuelsson
11. Slater Koekkoek
12. Filip Forsberg
13. Sebastian Collberg
14. Matt Dumba
15. Martin Frk

HM
Jordan Schmaltz
Michael Matheson
Morgan Rielly

Henrik Samuelsson? swede or north american?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Born in the USA, son of former NHL d-man, Ulf Samuelsson.

So both american and swede.

Has already played for the U17 US dev. prog and some games with the U18.

*But now headed back to play in Sweden again... :(

Would have loved to see him on the Oil Kings instead.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
Yeah that was confirmed a few months ago.

First off, I believe that Henrik is a good player and a Top 1994.

That said, he was a bit of a loose cannon in most of the TUSA USHL tilts that I saw last season. He was easily goaded into penalties and he really wasn't all that productive against USHL opponents.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland

1. Mikhail Grigorenko
2. Nail Yakupov
3. Ryan Murray
4. Nick Ebert
5. Jacob Trouba
6. Griffin Reinhart
7. Alex Galchenyuk
8. Olli Määttä
9. Matia Marcantuoni
10. Henrik Samuelsson
11. Slater Koekkoek
12. Filip Forsberg
13. Sebastian Collberg
14. Matt Dumba
15. Martin Frk

HM
Jordan Schmaltz
Michael Matheson
Morgan Rielly

Could someone tell me why has Frk dropped so much ? Last I heard a year or two ago he was going #1 pretty much on everyones list ?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Could someone tell me why has Frk dropped so much ? Last I heard a year or two ago he was going #1 pretty much on everyones list ?

His skating is really choppy. Has great size to become a premier power forward, but needs to work on skating and consistency.

He's still top 15 talent though.

Last edited:

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
His skating is really choppy. Has great size to become a premier power forward, but needs to work on skating and consistency.

He's still top 15 talent though.

Yea pretty much. Easily the most inconsistent player I saw this year, but when he has a good game he has the wow factor. I find he also takes dumb penalties sometimes. When people look at 75 pims they often think its a good thing. Most of the penalties i saw him take were dumb sticking infractions.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yea pretty much. Easily the most inconsistent player I saw this year, but when he has a good game he has the wow factor. I find he also takes dumb penalties sometimes. When people look at 75 pims they often think its a good thing. Most of the penalties i saw him take were dumb sticking infractions.

This is what I noticed too. He takes a ton of stupid penalties, but that can be easily fixed with the new coach.

Even though Samuelsson has played for the NTDP for a couple years I still see him playing for Sweden in his future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad