2012-2013 Red Wings Fearless Predictions

HockeytownOverhaul

Oct 24, 2011
This is going to be like Final Destination :laugh:

Well we have a good starting storyline with his current injury the result of a dirty hit from behind into the boards by detroits new top 6 sniper who's played all season with the soon-to-be new captain. To be continued..

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
You guys are going to like Tootoo, as the guy is nothing but energy all the time. I predict Nashville will miss him more than they know, unless one of the younger Tootoo type players step up this season.

RedWingsNow*

All this talk of a shortened season ... guys, remember that Datsyuk and Zetterberg and some of the others didn't get much of a break.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
All this talk of a shortened season ... guys, remember that Datsyuk and Zetterberg and some of the others didn't get much of a break.

For guys who played the game shape helps for sure at the season start, but rested guys can overtake you in effort when they get going. Either way, our team has both guys. Imo, nothing is more important than a great start.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
You guys are going to like Tootoo, as the guy is nothing but energy all the time. I predict Nashville will miss him more than they know, unless one of the younger Tootoo type players step up this season.

Like him already, more excited to see him play for the Wings than anything else this year :yo:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
For guys who played the game shape helps for sure at the season start, but rested guys can overtake you in effort when they get going. Either way, our team has both guys. Imo, nothing is more important than a great start.

I don't recall hearing that Kronner was playing. That could be an issue if he's not in game shape as he's a guy with an injury history. On the other hand he may be less likely to get injured if he's rested up and raring to go. I tend to prefer guys to have some time to get back into game shape and this training camp isn't going to be anything like your typical training camp. I hope Kronner is good to go.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005

Playing in the European leagues does not put the same kind of stress on the body that the NHL does. They're nothing to sneeze at - tons of really talented players over there. But in most cases, the level of contact is just not the same level. The ice is bigger too.

babcockscowl

Mar 17, 2011
Buffalo NY
59935_10100903460904058_1886736343_n.jpg

CloneHakanPlease*

Brunner 14 goals, 36 points in 45 games.

Tootoo with 13 points and will quickly become a fan favorite.

Quincy will be much better than most people think, and our defense will be serviceable. Not great, but playoff caliber.

Smith will finish the season as our 2nd best defensemen at least.

Nyquist only gets 20-25 games, score at a bit more than a .5 ppg, on the 3rd line, and then get demoted in favor of Bertuzzi

Franzen will have 22 goals, but only in 10 games.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't recall hearing that Kronner was playing. That could be an issue if he's not in game shape as he's a guy with an injury history. On the other hand he may be less likely to get injured if he's rested up and raring to go. I tend to prefer guys to have some time to get back into game shape and this training camp isn't going to be anything like your typical training camp. I hope Kronner is good to go.

It's a pretty big percentage, that 5/7 of our defencemen did play somewhere. I'm sure any other NHL team doesn't have that much game shape in their defences at the moment.

First 5 games a bit easier for Kronner and White and then full blast, ok?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It's a pretty big percentage, that 5/7 of our defencemen did play somewhere. I'm sure any other NHL team doesn't have that much game shape in their defences at the moment.

First 5 games a bit easier for Kronner and White and then full blast, ok?

We'll find out soon enough. Bert & Sammy didn't play overseas and they've both got groin issues already. Before the very first game. Losing Kronner would be very difficult to overcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad