2012-2013 Red Wings Fearless Predictions

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I could see him going off and hitting 60 points if Babs or KH told him to be a little more "selfish" this year, but I doubt he out scores Crosby.

Crosby playing 48 games without getting hurt isn't a guarantee. Malkin would probably be the one to beat. But anything is possible in a shortened season. Dats might just go on a tear.

Aug 6, 2012
So, are you predicting a solid season for Tootoo or a horrid season for the bottom six? :laugh:

Tootoo outscored all of our bottom sixers last year. His signing has kind of gone under the radar because we didn't get Parise or Suter but Tootoo was probably Holland's best FA signing. Nothing special, but a solid pickup.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Ericsson becomes a Stuart clone, with a more booming shot and stabilizes Smith on the 2nd D pairing.

Zetterberg - Brunner combo continues to be hot.

Gustavsson and Howard play 50/50 of the game.

Samuelsson gets hurt, Nyquist gets called up, boom, he's a PPG with Datsyuk.

Even bolder, Emmerton plays all 48 or 50 games and scores 7 goals.

Last edited:

crashman

I'm a realist, so sorry if my predictions aren't THAT bold...

Tootoo loses his spot on the roster early in the season to Nyquist or Tatar.

Samuelsson scores at a equal or greater rate than Franzen, HFBoards want Franzen chased out of town (well, more unanimously than it already seems). Sammy haters eat crow.

B. Smith spends most of the season in Babcock's dog house for unknown reasons, Kindl gets lots of ice-time in his stead. Kindl steps up.

Colaiacovo is even worse than anticipated.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Two Presiden't Trophies after last two lockouts...

...let's take the 3rd one!

70 points/48 games at 1994-95 (1.458 ppg)
124 points/82 games at 2004-05 (1.512 ppg)

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Prediction has already failed. He injured his shoulder and is out for a couple of weeks...

I'll have what you're having...

Hey, the title said fearless. He'll only miss a couple games when the season starts. I'm sure he'll get injured looking at some cute chick in the second row though. That should be a thread in itself; What will be the best Carlo Colaiacovo injury?

theanomaly

you just lost the game
Nov 18, 2010
NJ
I would pay soooo much money to watch Jimmy kick Crosby's ass... That would be awesome:handclap:

you know cindy would just turtle and cover his head. its likely hes been told to by his physicians.

my prediction: we are all surprised by brunner. howie plays out of his mind being pushed by a backup who isnt fail.

Last edited:

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
- my bold prediction, ppl doubt the wings make the playoffs, but in a shortened season datsyuk doesn't go through that february period where he seems a bit gassed, and finishes top 3 in scoring and finally wins the Hart trophy I've always thought he deserved, in addition to winning his 4th selke trophy

- Mursak earns his fourth line spot and pots 10 goals and 8 assists, solidifying himself as a fixture on this - team on the bottom 2 lines

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Brendan Smith wins Rookie of the year while averaging the most 2nd most IT behind Kronwall. Smith will lead all Wings defensemen in points.

Nyquist gets bumped around the lineup but finally sticks in the top 6 down the stretch. He'll finish with 14 goals and 30 points.

Jimmy Howard gets injured early in the season which forces Gustavsson to play the majority of the games until Mrazek to get a start and play until Howard comes back.

Wings make the playoffs on the final game of the regular season.

Franzen scores 28 goals in 48 games.

Ken Holland trades for someone that we don't all hate and it actually improves the team. <-- Going out on a limb here.

Filppula re-signs for 5 years 22.5m.

Howard re-signs for 4 years 20m.

Wings finish top 5 in PP%.

I wish HF had a thanks button...this is good

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
-Wings finish 3rd in the division behind St Louis and Chicago
-We claim 7th or 8th playoff position very late in the season
-Nyquist is our best rookie and outscores both Smith and Brunner. He finishes in the top 3 in Calder voting
-Smith leads the team in fighting majors and PIM and has the worst Plus/Minus on the team
-Tootoo becomes a role player/13th forward, a la Aaron Downey
-Howard puts up a very strong campaign that makes him a darkhorse for league MVP much like his rookie campaign
-Valtteri Filppula outproduces Henrik Zetterberg in total points
-Both Tomas Tatar and Riley Sheahan get call-ups when the roster expands
-We will upset the #1 or #2 seed and lose in the second round of the playoffs with Howard being our playoff MVP

Last edited:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Hey, the title said fearless. He'll only miss a couple games when the season starts. I'm sure he'll get injured looking at some cute chick in the second row though. That should be a thread in itself; What will be the best Carlo Colaiacovo injury?

Botched tongue piercing?

Non-Dr-Rahmani Lasik Malfunction?

Street luge road rash?

RedWingsNow*

Chicago wins the Central.
Detroit battles St. Louis for second... and is sweating to make the playoffs -- but finishes 7th overall.
Red Wings have no problem scoring goals. PP actually looks good and creative with the departure of Lidstrom and Holmstrom.

Quincey (thanks to heavy PP time) and Sammy (thanks to playing with Datsyuk) produce far more than expected... Lots of Holland lovers chant "i told you so" even though both players are just benefiting from circumstance.

As good as the PP is, the PK struggles. We also have a team that struggles to hold the lead, because we lack smarts and defensive experience.

Howard's stats sag, which work to our benefit, because we sign him to a 4 year, 18M deal.

Filppula's stats also sag, because, in part, we use him in half the games as 3rd line center. Flip bolts.

Smith scores 5 goals and 26 points, and gets Calder talk but doesn't win. He also makes lots of careless mistakes that drive fans insane.

Brunner starts hot but cools down because of the long season. Finishes with 15 goals in 48 games.

Nyquist only plays in 24 games. Sees limited time.

Sammy scores 20 goals. Franzen, scores 22 goals.

Wings try hard to land a top flight defenseman by the trade deadline, but fail.

Detroit bounced in round 1.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
-Kindl finally solidifies himself into the top 6, has a solid year
-Colaiacovo, as expected, spends the majority of his time in the press box thanks to his inability to stay healthy (and when he does play, looks even worse than expected)
-Tootoo ends up being a solid, underrated pickup
-Eaves, unfortunately, misses the entire season
-Brunner looks good, finishes with about 15-20 goals
-Nyquist struggles due to Babcock's lack of confidence
-Smith adds some flash and excitement to the blueline, gets some Calder consideration, but ultimately falls short
-Howard struggles due to the rather porous defense in front of him
-Quincey still stinks
-Samuelsson produces better than expected (I'll even go out on a limb and say 20 goals), but is still a frustrating player to watch
-Franzen has a strong year statistically, but continues to be an enigma otherwise
-Bertuzzi looks older and slower as each day passes; quickly becomes new team whipping boy
-Holland does absolutely nothing at the trade deadline, per status quo
-Wings finish anywhere from 6-8 in West, 3rd in Central
-Team shocks league, knocks off either St. Louis or Chicago in Round 1 (whoever ultimately ends up taking the division)... only to get bounced by San Jose in Round 2 (once again, per status quo)

Welp... that's that. But hey, at least hockey's back!

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
-Babcock becomes a happy man (at least on the inside) with all the depth on offense we have. Deepest offense since, say, '09 goes a long way in offsetting our defense

-Holland shocks everyone and pulls off a shrewd move for a defensive top four Dman, which makes our Dcorps look suddenly not that bad, in fact possibly above average.

-The Joe is still a fearsome place to play in, but with our added depth and 1-2 losses becoming a thing of the past, other teams will be fearing to answer the Red Wings' house calls in addition.

-Howard and Gustavsson play off each other in order to nab the starting job, and inadvertently win the award for best goaltending tandem doing so.

-The Defense shocks everyone as it looks like a competent group of players. Quincey looks great and Kindl breaks out as a darn good two-way Dman. Cola never plays more than 10 games because he sucks and is injured all the time. My guess is Bertuzzi ends up breaking Cola's back giving him a bear hug.

-Danny Cleary is healthy and scores 15 Goals

-Everyone's happy that Datsyuk and Zetterberg are together again:yo: Well, by everyone I mean Detroit fans. I don't think anyone else is that happy to see them on the same line on a regular basis again. Didn't turn out to well for them last time, now, did it?

-Nyquist and Tatar languish in the minors the entire season, but gain valuable playing time as the Griffins make a very deep playoff run. :)

-Brendan Smith by default wins the Wings ROY honors and gets strong Calder trophy considerations.

-Wings win the Central

Actual Thought*

Fans are frustrated because we end the season with a ton of cap space and nothing to buy again. However this rag tag bunch of tumbleweeds barely saves the playoff streak only to get hammered in the first rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad