Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Whale at XL Center Through 2016

Figured this deserves it's own thread, and not just to be thrown in the CT Whale thread. If I'm wrong, mods feel free to move...

http://theahl.com/whale-extend-deal-with-xl-center-p182124

The contract calls for the team to play at the XL Center for the 2013-16 seasons, and includes a provision that could extend the term for an additional two years.

Hoping for a contract with the Nassau Coliseum come 2016 :)

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Figured this deserves it's own thread, and not just to be thrown in the CT Whale thread. If I'm wrong, mods feel free to move...

http://theahl.com/whale-extend-deal-with-xl-center-p182124

Hoping for a contract with the Nassau Coliseum come 2016 :)

Why would the baby Rangers want to play in that dump? Plus, they won't get a real following there either--Islander fans are not going to start rooting for a team that is part of the Ranger organization and they certainly won't turn out in huge numbers at the Coliseum to be reminded that the Isles no longer play on Long Island.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Actually the Rangers want to move their AHL team to Bridgeport. If the Islanders move their AHL team to Uniondale,the Rangers will move into Bridgeport. Fairfield County.

Saffan said he's been hearing speculation about the Rangers coming to Bridgeport for years. At the AHL All-Star Game last week, someone approached Saffan and said the Rangers he heard the Rangers-to-Bridgeport was done.

"I said, 'Really? Where are we going?' " Saffan said. "I'm uninformed here."

Saffan insists the Islanders are pleased with the convenience of having an AHL franchise in Bridgeport. The Islanders are moving to Brooklyn in 2015 and and has been speculation on Long Island that the team could place its AHL affiliate in Nassau Coliseum, although that building is decaying.

And even if that scenario played out, that would be two seasons before Bridgeport was available. If the Rangers don’t reach a new agreement for the XL Center, they team will need an AHL home for the upcoming season

http://articles.courant.com/2013-02...130202_1_rangers-train-islanders-domain-names

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
The company I work for just bought naming rights to the Phantoms new arena in Allentown. Why couldn't they get the Whale instead? :laugh:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Actually the Rangers want to move their AHL team to Bridgeport. If the Islanders move their AHL team to Uniondale,the Rangers will move into Bridgeport. Fairfield County.

Bridge is half the distance to NYC compared to Hartford. 60 miles is close enough for a lot of us to go to these games regularly, so attendance should improve there.

For the Isles, the Mausoleum would be perfect as their affiliate. Close to the Islander fan base and the stadium is good enough for a minor league team.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Dipietro getting lit up. Expect some fights pretty soon. Good thing the Soundtigers didn't dress Gallant.
Not an issue. Mac will get to Gallant one of these days. He's not a Probert, he's another Rypien. Gets "wins" from really quick punches. Too small to be a real heavy.

Punxrocknyc19*

Could be a fight fest tonight. McI, Mash, Haley, Wilson, Carroll vs. Gallant, McIver, Riley & DeFazio.

i dont understand why Mash didnt play with that physical edge when he was called up... he did for the Sharks a few years ago.. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad