Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I agree with you but I am wondering why you think that?

For me it is simply that Kreider and Miller are way too important to the future of the franchise and will get first opportunities. Plus they have extensive experience so far this year with the Rangers.

His first pro season wouldn't be done if/when the Rangers brought him up as an extra. From reading the tweet,it feels like Hrivik is planning to fly back home for the summer.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
the echl announce the ceasing of operations of the trenton titans today, curious if the big club would move their franchise closer to the bigger clubs rather then down south

Shame. I was there at the beginning of that team, I think one of my first articles for this site was about the Trenton Titans back in 98 or 99. Steve Valiquette probably the most notable regular I saw live for Trenton. Ruslan Fedetenko played a handful of games before making the Flyers. Butch Cassidy, I mean Bruce Cassidy was an up and coming coach. Kjell Samuelsson was his assistant.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Fasth is back in Sweden rehabbing.

Thanks for the info Ola. A few questions; Is he going to join Sweden at the World Championships in a few weeks? Is he skating or doing off ice stuff? Also, did they say anything about any strength and conditioning the Rangers gave him?

Hopefully we'll see him in a little over two months at Prospect Camp and definitely in early September at Traverse City.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Thanks for the info Ola. A few questions; Is he going to join Sweden at the World Championships in a few weeks? Is he skating or doing off ice stuff? Also, did they say anything about any strength and conditioning the Rangers gave him?

Hopefully we'll see him in a little over two months at Prospect Camp and definitely in early September at Traverse City.

I doubt that, Sweden are half strong on the wing and Fasth would have been a outsider even if he hadn't been hurt the last couple of weeks. Now I just can't see that he got a shot at making the team.

Also, he got a knee sprain that has bugged him for a couple of month's now. Its nothing serious and you can be back playing within a couple of days after a sprain when the swelling has gone down. But, for every sprain the muscle tissue around the knee is damaged more and more, and you are more likely to sprain it again. I think he sprained it twice in the last three games he has played (his second last game for HV71 and his first game for HFD).

It seems like its something he just needs to give like a month and a half or something like that to build up again, and since he like last sprained it in mid April, and its a long shot that he will be able to challenge for a spot in the NHL after being out of action for quite some time and the same applys for the WCH's, it just seems like people have called it a day for his season.

Let him prepare all summer for Camp in September. He broke his leg 1.5 years ago and it seems like he has struggled to get back in shape since. He could need some time of to build up his body again.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers AHL team has a 3 year lease in Hartford. Then the plans call for the AHL team to potentially play on Long Island.

Madison Square Garden Company signed a lease extension with Comcast Spectacor just five weeks ago, reaching an agreement to keep its AHL affiliate at Hartford's XL Center for at least the next three seasons.

But it seems the executives at MSG may already be planning for life after the new lease expires. On Thursday, MSG president and CEO Hank Ratner represented the company in making a presentation before Nassau County's Business Advisory Council in a bid to take over Nassau Coliseum.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hocke...tford-to-long-island-20130502,0,2019546.story

MSG submitted a proposal for the Nassau Coliseum site after the Islanders leave

MSG would spend $250 million for renovations that would result in a 14,500-seat arena. An entertainment complex modeled after the "Power Plant Live" development in Baltimore's Inner Harbor would be constructed nearby and operate year-round.

Company officials -- who detailed their plans to Newsday on Wednesday -- said an arena of fewer than 14,500 seats would be unable to attract top-flight concert acts. A new flexible seating design would allow operators to cordon off different sections of the arena, reducing capacity down to down to 1,700 seats as needed.

Hank Ratner, MSG's president and CEO, said their plan was "realistic" and would transform the region.

"We know we can create a quality sports and entertainment experience which includes the return of professional sports to Long Island," Ratner said. "That can serve as a catalyst to making Nassau County a sports and entertainment destination separate and distinct from New York City -- a destination that provides people, particularly young people, with a compelling set of reasons to come to Long Island and just as importantly, to stay on Long Island."

MSG officials said at least one of its sports franchises -- the WNBA's New York Liberty, the Connecticut Whale, the Rangers' minor league affiliate, or the Erie Bayhawks, the Knicks' D-League team -- would play at the Coliseum.

The Knicks and Rangers would hold open practices at the arena and team players would make guest appearances at the complex. The arena also could host college basketball, professional tennis, wrestling, figure skating and track and field, MSG officials said.

The proposal calls for the replacement of all arena seats and suites, modernizing the concourse and bathrooms, creating a lower-level VIP section, and renovating the arena exterior. Arena parking would be reduced to around 5,000 spots from the current 6,800 spots.

MSG and the Baltimore-based Cordish Companies would build "Long Island Live!," a 150,000- square-foot entertainment complex on the site of the Coliseum's exhibition hall. The venue would feature restaurants, including Long Island's first eatery by chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, sports bars, bowling and billiards. An "MSG Zone" would have additional bars and restaurants with Garden memorabilia and a studio for live telecasts.

Company officials said the arena would host up to 180 events annually while the complex would generate $11 billion in economic activity over 30 years and more than $300 million in sales and entertainment tax. The project would create 1,200 construction jobs and 2,500 permanent positions, officials said.

Community events, such as free festivals, also would be held at the Coliseum site.

Permitting and construction would take about two years, MSG said.

http://www.newsday.com/developers-unveil-plans-for-nassau-coliseum-1.5183624?qr=1&qr=1

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It's certainly a lot of speculation, and of course MSG needs to win the bid. I hope it doesn't happen! :)

If Wang is smart, he'll pull the Sound Tigers into the new Long Island Arena to fill the void of the Islanders...

Wang can then negotiate with Dolan putting the Wolfpack into Bridgeport.

This solves many issues:

a) Wolfpack are now 60 miles from Manhattan instead of 120 miles
b) Sound Tigers are 30 miles from Brooklyn instead of 60 miles
c) Sound Tigers (aka Baby Islanders) are in the heart of the former Islander area... Huge revenue pull for the organization
d) Wolf Pack gets out of the dump known as XLCenter (even though I love that place)
e) Coliseum and the surrounding finally gets geared up the way it should have been 15 years ago

Wang can probably Milk Dolan for a crapton of cash in the process since Webster Bank Arena is practically brand new

Punxrocknyc19*

No more Niemi. He signed a deal with HPK of Finland's SM-liiga.

what a stupid trade that was.. trading a draft pick for a player that had no chance of making the NHL... :help: one of Sather's pointless trades

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
He was traded for a 6th round pick...

Niemi, a third rounder, had a much better chance of making it than whoever the Isles picked with that pick.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Please, if we are going to fixate on very minor trades, we can at least focus on bashing Kundratek for Bouchard.

Right? :laugh:

Ugh, people need to stop bringing this up. I was one of the only people super pissed about this when it went down. Still very angry. Just awful.

If it makes anyone happy, the Rangers received a 3rd rounder in exchange for Evgeny Grachev who has not been a NHL regular. It all evens out.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
what a stupid trade that was.. trading a draft pick for a player that had no chance of making the NHL... :help: one of Sather's pointless trades

The AHL is not only about developing young players certain to make the NHL--it's also about fielding a team that can compete at the AHL level. Not every trade is for a slam dunk prospect, certainly not when a 6th round pick is involved.

Kershaw

Ugh, people need to stop bringing this up. I was one of the only people super pissed about this when it went down. Still very angry. Just awful.

If it makes anyone happy, the Rangers received a 3rd rounder in exchange for Evgeny Grachev who has not been a NHL regular. It all evens out.

And they picked Steven Forgarty with that 3rd. Seems like a pretty lateral move, considering Fogarty's college production. Robbie Russo, Isles 2011 4th rounder outproduced him as a dman.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
And they picked Steven Forgarty with that 3rd. Seems like a pretty lateral move, considering Fogarty's college production. Robbie Russo, Isles 2011 4th rounder outproduced him as a dman.

Points aren't everything.

Fogarty projects to be a bottom-6 defensive center with size and good hockey IQ. He was also a freshman playing on the 4th line on a very good team.

Russo is also 5'11 and playing defense.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

He should have, Russo, sophomore, played about double the minutes Fogarty, freshman, saw this season.

Isles traded their 6th and that 6th rounder 2010 to Atlanta/Winnipeg(Tanner Lane, U of Neb-Omaha). Isles received a 2011 5th rounder, LD Brenden Kichton who had 92 points in 80 games played this past season for the Spokane Chiefs.

Rangers got the Canes 6th rounder in 2010 in the Sanguinetti trade, we selected - Jesper Fast.

If you want to complain about a pick try 5th rounder in that 2010 Jason Wilson. There were better players(Gallagher, Rutkowski, Agostino to name a few), but we took the overager.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
There is a name I haven't heard in a while, how do you guys see Fogarty's progress going?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
People need to stop whining about late round picks. The average team drafts slightly over 1 NHL player per draft. If you get 2 players per draft, that's a very, very good draft. If you can pull 3 solid NHL players, that's a tremendous draft. More than 3 players is next to impossible - we haven't done it since 1989 and all those players were very marginal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino