2012-13 Training Camp

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey
Taormina, Labrie, Angelidis, Conacher, Aulie going to TB. Oberg is not yet, but cant play tomorrow
BriseBois said more players going up after tomorrows game. Wouldnt say who or how many.

If Yzerman says there will be under 30 in camp, I wouldn't expect too many more after tomorrow.

Forwards (14):

1 Lecavalier
2 St. Louis
3 Stamkos
3 Purcell
4 Thompson
5 Wilson
6 Conacher
7 Tyrell
8 Crombeen
9 Hall
10 Labrie
11 Malone
12 Angelidis
13 Pouliot
14 Pyatt

Defensemen (9):

15 Aulie
16 Hedman
17 Taormina
18 Bergeron
19 Brewer
20 Salo
21 Mikkelson
22 Carle
23 Lee

Goaltenders (2):

24 Lindback
25 Garon

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey

If Yzerman says there will be under 30 in camp, I wouldn't expect too many more after tomorrow.

Forwards (14):

1 Lecavalier
2 St. Louis
3 Stamkos
3 Purcell
4 Thompson
5 Wilson
6 Conacher
7 Tyrell
8 Crombeen
9 Hall
10 Labrie
11 Malone
12 Angelidis
13 Pouliot
14 Pyatt

Defensemen (9):

15 Aulie
16 Hedman
17 Taormina
18 Bergeron
19 Brewer
20 Salo
21 Mikkelson
22 Carle
23 Lee

Goaltenders (2):

24 Lindback
25 Garon

I think he will invite one more Dman (Gudas/Barberio) and up to 4 forwards (Connolly, Killorn, Johnson, Panik, in this order)

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Legally, Aulies contract expires the moment ratification of the CBA occurs. Thats why they had to pull him a bit early - had an idea of exactly when it would happen, but its better to play it safe.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I see us keeping one, maybe two at most of their top-6 guys.

I think they'll go the same route with Johnson as they did with Conacher last season: Despite (looking good in camp and) having a breakout season they'll let him enjoy it and learn from it as much as possible by keeping him in the AHL.

In case they think we need a little competition among our top-6 I could see Connolly returning (he knows the system and has had a great year so far) or Conacher (who fits Boucher's critera of the always buzzing and pressing hockey player; he has also kinda earned it last season but he hasn't quite found his groove yet).

I think many of us would love to see Killorn work his way in the lineup somehow, maybe centering our 3rd line but management might play it safe with him, too. Which brings us to Wilson, Tyrell, Wyman (and Angelidis). All of them have played for the Lightning or an NHL team already and should have a good chance of cracking our bottom-6 or at least our extended NHL roster.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Yay! Time to let the unfounded rumors begin!

There's going to be a pony!
and Vinny is left off!

That'd be frickin' sweet. Think about it. Somebody gets cut and as they're leaving the dressing room to go back to Syracuse, the door closing behind them, somebody yells 'the pony is here!' and everybody cheers.

Just before the door closes completely, you catch a glimpse of the pony as the cheering becomes muffled by the door. You see the team's logo on the door and realize, you missed your chance.

A pony is on the other side of that door that you will never pet because it's busses and miniature horses for you in the 'cuse.

tl;dr
airplanes and ponies = NHL
busses and miniature horses = AHL

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650074
Preliminary Camp Roster

59 Angelidis
36 Conacher
19 Crombeen
18 Hall
76 Labrie
4 Lecavalier
12 Malone
67 Pouliot
16 Purcell
11 Pyatt
26 St. Louis
91 Stamkos
44 Thompson
42 Tyrell
28 Wilson

3 Aulie
47 Bergeron
2 Brewer
25 Carle
77 Hedman
15 Lee
29 Mikkelson
5 Ohlund
6 Salo
55 Taormina

32 Garon
39 Lindback

I'm not sure what the 'surprises' are yet.

Last edited:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Preliminary Camp Roster

59 Angelidis
36 Conacher
19 Crombeen
18 Hall
76 Labrie
4 Lecavalier
12 Malone
67 Pouliot
16 Purcell
11 Pyatt
26 St. Louis
91 Stamkos
44 Thompson
42 Tyrell
28 Wilson

3 Aulie
47 Bergeron
2 Brewer
25 Carle
77 Hedman
15 Lee
29 Mikkelson
5 Ohlund
6 Salo
55 Taormina

32 Garon
39 Lindback

I'm guessing no Connolly would be the surprise.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Add Barberio, Gudas, Wyman, and Johnson.

Am interested to see if Ohlund is around/involved regardless of how close he is or isn't to game shape.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Am interested to see if Ohlund is around/involved regardless of how close he is or isn't to game shape.

He helped Boucher at points as a defacto assistant coach since they were down one. I wonder if he'll do something similar this year.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013/01/post_69.html#incart_flyout_sports
"We should make sure we leave a good impression. There are a lot of guys who deserve to go up. I'm glad they chose us. It could have been a lot more players,'' Gudas said.
"I know they are pretty set up there,'' Barberio said. "My job is to go there and make a good impression, try to get to know the guys as well.

"It is a big test. You are going to camp to make the team. We can also push them (the other players) to work better. We are trying to help them get in game shape as quick as possible, In the end, we're all in the same organization.''
"A lot of it was need-based, potential needs for (the opener) Saturday,'' TB assistant GM Julien BriseBois said. "And needs for this week so we can have two groups scrimmage. Ideally, we would have had a training camp in September. Everyone would have had a chance to have the experience. Obviously, that wasn't possible.

"What we told them is we don't know how things will play out. But by the end of the week you want to be proud of your week, and you've left a good impression on the coaching staff in Tampa.''
Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman flew into Syracuse for the Crunch's game against Rochester on Saturday so he could meet with the players who weren't recalled yet.

"That's one of the reasons why we like them so much. I'm sure they are disappointed,'' BriseBois said of the prospects. "But they are happy for their teammates who did go up. And in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't mean anything as far as their career. They should be proud of themselves.''
Added Barberio: "There could have been so many guys going up. A lot of guys deserve to go up. I sure am delighted to be a part of that group. Out of respect for the guys who didn't go up, I have to give it my all. It's a good opportunity to showcase what we're doing here in Syracuse.''

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Preliminary Camp Roster

59 Angelidis
36 Conacher
19 Crombeen
18 Hall
76 Labrie
4 Lecavalier
12 Malone
67 Pouliot
16 Purcell
11 Pyatt
26 St. Louis
91 Stamkos
44 Thompson
42 Tyrell
28 Wilson

3 Aulie
47 Bergeron
2 Brewer
25 Carle
77 Hedman
15 Lee
29 Mikkelson
5 Ohlund
6 Salo
55 Taormina

32 Garon
39 Lindback

Ohlund. ;)

Angelidis and Labrie over Wyman is kinda surprising but they probably won't make the team anyway so it's not really a surprise.

None of Connolly, Johnson, Killorn and to a lesser degree Panik or Palat - that could qualify as a small suprise. Then again we knew Yzerman wants to play it safe with the young guns.

Edit: I should've read the whole thread before I hit "reply". Wyman and Johnson are coming, too.

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

My only explanation for this call ups is: The management thinks Connolly and Killorn can still do a lot better in the AHL and maybe they don't see that much left in the tank for Johnson. Or they don't plan to play any of them and want to push those two a little more by leaving them in Cuse

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My only explanation for this call ups is: The management thinks Connolly and Killorn can still do a lot better in the AHL and maybe they don't see that much left in the tank for Johnson. Or they don't plan to play any of them and want to push those two a little more by leaving them in Cuse

I don't think intent would manifest itself like that any of that would have been washed away with a single large callup.

If not for any logisitical reason, I'd take it to mean separate messages to the two groups. To the first group, high expectations. They were the easy callups, but there's a pressure to perform that comes along with that.

To the second group, there's lower expectations and management needed more time to figure out whether they should go or not. They need to put on a show to make the team this year.

Or maybe it was done in two groups so it would be unneccessarily read into, each individual player morphing it into to whatever they're inclined to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad