Tickets: 2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part III)

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
In regards to the Q&A, I went 2/3 years ago (and will this year)
I believe there was some stuff happening outside the Q&Q, but I don't remember exactly
I do remember there was a bit of trivia where like 5 people won Game Used Sticks
The Q&A had questions from the MSG guys and fans

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
As much as seats in the $114 Lower Corners would have been $114 per game (10k season), it would have been great to get my foot in the door if I had known that it would only be a half season. Ideally, I believe most people would like to pay anything between 6-9k for the full regular season schedule.

We'll see how the team plays down the stretch and how MSG prices for next season.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
Hypothetical noobie question:
If Rangers make it to the cup final and and each round goes to game seven, how much am I looking to invest to buy my pair of $114 seats for every home game?
The ticket prices even for season subscribers are higher for the playoffs, right?

Thanks!

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
If Rangers make it to the cup final and and each round goes to game seven, how much am I looking to invest to buy my pair of $114 seats for every home game?
The ticket prices even for season subscribers are higher for the playoffs, right?

Thanks!
A lot of money!

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Season ticket booklets for home games 11 through 24 were shipped out today. Expect delivery tomorrow or Thursday

Thanks. Hopefully mine arrive today or tomorrow as I am going away on Friday evening and not returning til next saturday.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

Thanks!

You pay by round, so the Rangers only charge your card for 4 games at a time. Here's a chart of prices I assembled last year:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1122511

People who renewed their full season got a 10% discount on playoff tickets. For your seating location @ $114 regular season you're probably looking at in the neighborhood of $160/$185/$210/$310 which at 4 games would be $640/$740/$840/$1240 = $3460 total per seat before refunds for unplayed games

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Thanks!

Last year, my seats for the regular season were $39 each. Play-offs were:

1st round: 75 Almost double.
2nd round: 95 almost 150% higher
3rd round: 115 almost 200% higher
4th round: 190 almost 400% higher

Last year, they did offer a 10% discount on play-off tickets IF you renewed for this year in march.

This year, my tickets are $50 each, so I am predicting this:

1st round: $90
2nd round: $120
3rd round: $150
4th round: $225

Last edited:

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
that all sounds like a great problem to have. gotta get to that cup final to make any profit for you STHers. A the lowers are priced to market this season.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I made a nice little profit last year. Only game I attended was game 5 against the devils. Sold games 1, 2, 5 of the first 2 rounds to my regulars for face (pocketed the 10% discount). Same for game 1 against the Devils. Game 7 against ottawa, sold for 165 each on stubhub. game 7 against washington got 300 each on stubhub, game 2 against the devils, $211 each on the ticket exchange. Even after you deduct what I paid for the game 5 tickets from my profits, I still came out ahead just under $600.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
I made a nice little profit last year. Only game I attended was game 5 against the devils. Sold games 1, 2, 5 of the first 2 rounds to my regulars for face (pocketed the 10% discount). Same for game 1 against the Devils. Game 7 against ottawa, sold for 165 each on stubhub. game 7 against washington got 300 each on stubhub, game 2 against the devils, $211 each on the ticket exchange. Even after you deduct what I paid for the game 5 tickets from my profits, I still came out ahead just under $600.

i have 2 seats.

i sold 2 tickets to 1 game in a round, and then the remaining 3 games i sold a single to a friend for face. in all 3 rounds (and same case in the finals) i went for free.

you can do very well with the cheap seats.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Got the booklet yesterday too, they just left it outside the front door where anyone walking on the street could have picked up a nice pair of Rangers season tickets.

I think I get what they were going for with the design, but the end result is a bit weird. All the players are blurry and everything just looks out of focus. Not my favorite ticketstock

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Got the booklet yesterday too, they just left it outside the front door where anyone walking on the street could have picked up a nice pair of Rangers season tickets.

I think I get what they were going for with the design, but the end result is a bit weird. All the players are blurry and everything just looks out of focus. Not my favorite ticketstock

If your tickets were stolen you could simply have them all voided and re-issued.

Yeah, don't love the tickets themselves...but I guess it's not a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad