Tickets: 2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part III)

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I need 2 reasonable seats for the Ranger/Sens game on 3/8
Cash in hand
PM is best..thanks

I have Isles/Rangers tickets for 4/13 at Nassau to trade if you want....

Wrong thread...you want the individual game tickets for sale thread.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
Welcome to the season subscriber's club! I think mine said Garden Faithful or something like that...whatever it says for the 10-14 year people.
Thanks!
I also got the scarf today! :)
Seems like my whole house is full of Rangers stuff by now: jerseys, sweaters, shirts, caps, scarves, plastic cups, foam fingers, etc. etc. :laugh:

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Scorebig is incredible. I just got a pair for next Sunday vs Buffalo in the 200s row 16 for $68 for a pair!

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Scorebig is incredible. I just got a pair for next Sunday vs Buffalo in the 200s row 16 for $68 for a pair!

Scorebig is great for yankees or mets tickets. I've gotten groupons for $30 in free credit then gotten 4 tickets for a sunday game at $40 for a net total cost of $10 (2.50 per seat including fees!). Scorebig is the priceline of tickets. They get most of their tickets straight from the teams in bulk who can't sell them and then unload them at a discount through blind bids

It's crapolicious for Knicks tickets, and I never tried for Rangers. Sounds like there's some deals to be had.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Scorebig is great for yankees or mets tickets. I've gotten groupons for $30 in free credit then gotten 4 tickets for a sunday game at $40 for a net total cost of $10 (2.50 per seat including fees!). Scorebig is the priceline of tickets. They get most of their tickets straight from the teams in bulk who can't sell them and then unload them at a discount through blind bids

It's crapolicious for Knicks tickets, and I never tried for Rangers. Sounds like there's some deals to be had.

I find it unbelievable for the Rangers I got tix for the April 10 game in 418 for $94 for a pair and for March 3 in 227 for $68 pair, and those prices include delivery. Considering what Rangers tix go for on ticket exchange and StuHub I find the prices unbelievable. I used coupons on both.

useref15

Oct 11, 2009
New Jersey
I find it unbelievable for the Rangers I got tix for the April 10 game in 418 for $94 for a pair and for March 3 in 227 for $68 pair, and those prices include delivery. Considering what Rangers tix go for on ticket exchange and StuHub I find the prices unbelievable. I used coupons on both.

How many stars were the seats? 1 or 2?

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
How many stars were the seats? 1 or 2?

1 star. The set I paid $94 for have a STH face of $47/ticket and the pair I got for $68 have a STH face of $50/ticket. For the last pair I used the promo code SAVVY50 which guarantees they will accept any offer of 50% of whatever price is shown for the seating area up to a max order price of $150.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
1 star. The set I paid $94 for have a STH face of $47/ticket and the pair I got for $68 have a STH face of $50/ticket. For the last pair I used the promo code SAVVY50 which guarantees they will accept any offer of 50% of whatever price is shown for the seating area up to a max order price of $150.

Looks like a deal. :handclap:

I might add that in the future you might wish to hook up with someone on these boards directly since I believe I've seen quite a number of tickets move at face or below. :dunno:

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Looks like a deal. :handclap:

I might add that in the future you might wish to hook up with someone on these boards directly since I believe I've seen quite a number of tickets move at face or below. :dunno:

I have bought on here as well, but no cheapo seats available here for those 2 games that I wanted to go to.

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY

I was very skeptical, but I did score 2 tickets for next Thursday's game against the Lightning at sec 225 row 7 for $57 a pop. I have to say, I'm positively surprised.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
In case anyone is interested, I asked my rep (Nicole) about the renewal process and downgrading my seats, this was the reply:

"Renewals should be starting in mid-March. The downgrade process is a bit tricky. Once renewals and everything is sent out and received I will go over this process with you."

Not getting my hopes up... but tricky sounds better than impossible x)

Cmf1125

May 23, 2012
I have the same rep (Nicole) and she told me that to downgrade you need to give up your current seat location and then you go into a pool with everyone else who wants to downgrade and your order is determined by seniority. If you don't get anything through that process, you have also given up your current seats already so you may end up with something worse. While that seemed pretty punitive (giving up your current seats), given my seats are already very pricey, I would be willing to take my chances anyhow as I don't think I would renew at my current level or higher anyways.

I have the $125 gallery seats and it kills me that one row behind me is $79. I just don't think I can stomach it another season.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
If you don't get anything through that process, you have also given up your current seats already so you may end up with something worse. While that seemed pretty punitive (giving up your current seats), given my seats are already very pricey, I would be willing to take my chances anyhow as I don't think I would renew at my current level or higher anyways.

The Rangers still hold you by the balls, because in order to get into that relocation round you need to have already renewed and made at least one payment. If you don't like what's available at $200+ you are screwed and they can refuse to refund your payment(s)

Cmf1125

May 23, 2012
wow - you have to renew before you even see what's available? I don't really understand - so basically you are locking yourself into your current seats then before you see availability? I guess we'll all find out in March.

Wow. Well I think I am probably just not cut out to be a season ticket holder.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I found a package in my mailbox just now...inside a gift from the Rangers. A scarf!

I got mine, too. My first thought was, "I am not European." My wife took it to give to her co-worker for his son.

Speaking of give-aways. Anyone get the calendar at the Isles game? I got 1, wife got one. Guys behind me left theirs so I grabbed them to give to my friends kids. Went to hang mine up at work and it is terrible. Just the schedule with a bunhc of foxwoods ads. The calendars they gave out in years past had some nice pictures with very small ads. I gave mine away, too.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
wow - you have to renew before you even see what's available? I don't really understand - so basically you are locking yourself into your current seats then before you see availability? I guess we'll all find out in March.

Wow. Well I think I am probably just not cut out to be a season ticket holder.

Yup, pretty much. That is why I always advise people against buying tickets that are more expensive than they want to pay with the hopes they can downgrade. It may never happen and you have to commit to the more expensive seats beforehand.

jhnyr

Feb 6, 2007
The Rangers still hold you by the balls, because in order to get into that relocation round you need to have already renewed and made at least one payment. If you don't like what's available at $200+ you are screwed and they can refuse to refund your payment(s)

Not true.
I didn't have to make one payment, and I was able to downgrade.

Although mine might have been a special case. I had 3 seats, and when everyone got moved in the off-season, they threw me into the more expensive seats and everyone I sat next to into the cheaper row behind me. I raised bloody hell and was told I'd have to give up the seats they assigned if I wanted different ones... with no guarantee that I'd get any seats at all. Fast forward a few weeks and the rep called, saying I could take 2 in the cheaper row (downgrade) or keep the 3 originally assigned if I still wanted 3 seats (meaning either they didn't reassign my seats to new people, or no one wanted them).

I did want 3, but I went with the cheaper ones. So I was able to downgrade without making a payment first.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have the same rep (Nicole) and she told me that to downgrade you need to give up your current seat location and then you go into a pool with everyone else who wants to downgrade and your order is determined by seniority.

Totally not true. I told my rep last year I was not happy with the $73 price point they placed me at, and after quite a few exchanges he agreed he would work with me. I then renewed seats at $73 and paid the first 2 months at that price. During my upgrade date, I called in and my rep moved me to $50 and adjusted my monthly payments accordingly.

You just have to be stern, but respectful ;)

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
does anyone know off hand what the price point cut off is on the 200 level seats. What row does the price go from 73 to 50.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I have the same rep (Nicole) and she told me that to downgrade you need to give up your current seat location and then you go into a pool with everyone else who wants to downgrade and your order is determined by seniority. If you don't get anything through that process, you have also given up your current seats already so you may end up with something worse. While that seemed pretty punitive (giving up your current seats), given my seats are already very pricey, I would be willing to take my chances anyhow as I don't think I would renew at my current level or higher anyways.

I have the $125 gallery seats and it kills me that one row behind me is $79. I just don't think I can stomach it another season.

Nicole is new, and may not yet be 100% familiar with everything that goes on. The written policy may be what nicole quoted, but there are always exceptions that the more experienced reps may be aware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad