2011 NHL Draft Guides (ISS, McKeen's, RLR, The Hockey News, FC, Hockey Prospect)

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Just some (updated) notes on our 2011 NHL Entry Draft Guide, since we have made some changes and expanded it:
-Top 200 Ranking
-Profiles on the Top-125
-Top 10 Sleepers
-Mock draft
-Features on the top-ranked prospects, including Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Sean Couturier, Gabriel Landeskog, Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Murphy, Nathan Beaulieu, Duncan Siemens, Mark McNeill and Rocco Grimaldi.

And beyond 2011:
-Top-40 for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft
-Galchenyuk and Yakupov feature
-13 Prospect Profiles for '13

Note that we've added some features this year (as well as a much improved design). If you click on the headshot of each player, the link will take you to our blog with a history of features that said player was tagged in. We've also linked up our Facebook, YouTube and Twitter accounts to the guide as well.

Enjoy!

Aaron...the FC guide looks great and I am very much looking forward to getting it but one word of advice...PROOF READ IT. The sample was loaded with misspellings and typo's and that is distracting to read and cheapens what looks to be a very good product.

jer33

Aug 12, 2008
Not a single mention of Dobbers 2011 Prospect Report?

Sure, it looks at the NHL draft from a fantasy angle - but isn't that what most of us are looking for?

Beyond a 3 round mock draft, it also profiles 100+ 2011 draftees (w/ at least a paragraph of up-to-date info, as well as an idea of future potential and sometimes a comparable player).

Best part is, this is all in addition to a guide that profiles drafted prospects for each team in the league.

Available June 1st, download (PDF).

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sent in a request to order Red Line Report, even tho there website is so rinky dink. Also will buy THN whenever I see it in a store somewhere. Those will be my two this year. If FC had a copy version I would buy it for sure!

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Sure, it looks at the NHL draft from a fantasy angle - but isn't that what most of us are looking for?

Beyond a 3 round mock draft, it also profiles 100+ 2011 draftees (w/ at least a paragraph of up-to-date info, as well as an idea of future potential and sometimes a comparable player).

Best part is, this is all in addition to a guide that profiles drafted prospects for each team in the league.

Cost?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
On it's own: $13.99

But I always buy the combo for $16.50, which also includes the NHL Fantasy Guide (comes out in the summer).

Jer

Awesome, thanks. Will look into it for sure. Do you have a link to the info about this year's or past year's editions?

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks

I have never ordered their product but will say that Matt Bugg knows his hockey.
He attends alot of games and is one of the best evaluators of talent I know that isn't employed by an NHL team.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
According to a guy I know who scouts for hockey prospect..

"It will be around 180 pages with full page insights on top prospects and half page insights on other prospects. Should be out "soon" and will be available on amazon for 10-15 bucks".

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks

"It will be around 180 pages with full page insights on top prospects and half page insights on other prospects. Should be out "soon" and will be available on amazon for 10-15 bucks".

Any idea how many players it covers? top 50? top 100? top 150? top 200?

thks

F127

Feb 10, 2007

This was on the hockeyprospect twitter today: 2011 NHL Draft Guide color print version is $46.95. A bit more pricey but as cheap as we could get it. Digital (PDF) color is $16.95

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This was on the hockeyprospect twitter today: 2011 NHL Draft Guide color print version is $46.95. A bit more pricey but as cheap as we could get it. Digital (PDF) color is $16.95

Yeah, he was chatting with me just before that on Twitter. I triggered that post by him. :nod:

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
This was on the hockeyprospect twitter today: 2011 NHL Draft Guide color print version is $46.95.
$46.95? :eek: Seriously? I was hoping the cost of HockeyProspect.com's 2011 NHL Draft Guide would be similar to last year's 2010 NHL Draft Guide.

Unless HockeyProspect.com offers a black and white print version of their 2011 NHL Draft Guide that is considerably cheaper, I'm going to refrain from purchasing their product. After taxes (13%), I would be paying $53.05.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
After making my post above, I checked HockeyProspect.com's Twitter feed, it appears they're offering a black and white print version as well.

To summarize, HockeyProspect.com has stated on their Twitter feed that their 2011 NHL Draft Guide will be available in the following formats at the following prices:
  • Colour Print Version: $46.95 (USD)
  • Black and White Print Version: $21.95 (USD)
  • Digital Version: $16.95 (USD)

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

I'm actually looking forward to this one. But the problem with dobber is that his predictions are always really out there. A bunch of them will be waaay off because he goes for the shock factor and when he does get a prediction right that no one else would've gussed then it's an "I told you so" type of situation.

Also, I dunno how much I'd trust his rankings for prospects, check the current top 215 prospects list on his site, Johansen and Niederreiter aren't even in the top 10 for forwards. The order is a bit strange. I'm not saying it's bad but this isn't the guide I'd go for and it's also more for existing NHL players, not too detailed on the upcoming draftees I think.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
After making my post above, I checked HockeyProspect.com's Twitter feed, it appears they're offering a black and white print version as well.

To summarize, HockeyProspect.com has stated on their Twitter feed that their 2011 NHL Draft Guide will be available in the following formats at the following prices:
  • Colour Print Version: $46.95 (USD)
  • Black and White Print Version: $21.95 (USD)
  • Digital Version: $16.95 (USD)

Yeah, that black and white version is still moderately priced and I will be buying. Still a good deal, even if it's more than the $15 they sold it for last year.

Also, the guys at hockeyprospect have basically doubled the amount of information in the draft in regards to actual words typed this year. Worth considering.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. But the problem with dobber is that his predictions are always really out there. A bunch of them will be waaay off because he goes for the shock factor and when he does get a prediction right that no one else would've gussed then it's an "I told you so" type of situation.

Also, I dunno how much I'd trust his rankings for prospects, check the current top 215 prospects list on his site, Johansen and Niederreiter aren't even in the top 10 for forwards. The order is a bit strange. I'm not saying it's bad but this isn't the guide I'd go for and it's also more for existing NHL players, not too detailed on the upcoming draftees I think.

Maybe just low on WHL coverage?

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007

Is it just me, or does a fantasy draft guide seem pretty pointless, I mean it seems to me it's doing the same thing as any draft guide I know is doing and that is projecting players, unless it has something like projected point totals, but even then projecting NHL point totals for teenagers is very difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad