2011 HFNHL Draft - Rounds 4-7 Submission

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Wrt to the DET 5th it hasn't been mine for quite some time. It's funny you mentioned the possibility of a mixup b/c when I noticed it gone earlier in the year I couldn't remember having traded it but I never questioned it (figured the memory was just going) so it's all moot and it's Jeff's pick as far as I'm concerned. I hadn't even noticed the draft order showing that 5th as mine for some reason.

I'm sorry this has caused so much headache.

It's not your fault Drew. It's partially my fault for putting the email wrong on thread starter.

It's just frustrating that things like this seem to be happening every year with rounds 4-7, in terms of list mix ups, draft pick rights not being listed correctly, etc. And then having to re-do it after. Perhaps it's a flaw with the system we use in the sense that we're not doing this live so nobody has a say on any errors that might occur...until it's too late and then everything has to be re-done.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
It's not your fault Drew. It's partially my fault for putting the email wrong on thread starter.

It's just frustrating that things like this seem to be happening every year with rounds 4-7, in terms of list mix ups, draft pick rights not being listed correctly, etc. And then having to re-do it after. Perhaps it's a flaw with the system we use in the sense that we're not doing this live so nobody has a say on any errors that might occur...until it's too late and then everything has to be re-done.

I think we should do this live next year...no? Less headaches for Brock...and more fun.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
OK. I think I fixed everything on my Prep. Quite a few changes though folks (although those changes really only affected about 10 teams).

The file is now posted in the yahoo files section and I'll attach it here.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I got it from Kershaw in our Gaustad for Goc and a bunch of picks blockbuster back at the trade deadline 2 years ago. It's listed as CGY 5th on the trade blog but that's a mistake that Matt and I confirmed via email back then. So you must have sent it to Calgary sometime previous to that.

I got it from Montreal.

TO CGY: Saku Koivu, 1,000,000
TO MTL: 2010 CGY 3rd Round Pick **, 2011 DET 5th Round Pick

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
OK. I think I fixed everything on my Prep. Quite a few changes though folks (although those changes really only affected about 10 teams).

The file is now posted in the yahoo files section and I'll attach it here.

Thanks Brock. Awesome job navigating through all this.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica

Hopefully it's like child birth (and free agency) and in a year from now you'll have forgotten the pain and you'll be doing it again (twice.)

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Thank you very much Brock.

Detroit is, like just about every HFNHL and NHL GM is after they've drafted, very happy with it's selections. For the moment at least, I especially like getting Daniil Tarasov with the very last pick in the HFNHL draft (210th) ... now all I have to do is pray an NHL team took notice of his skills and 75pts in the USHL this year as well or he might just go back to Russia.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I think we should do this live next year...no? Less headaches for Brock...and more fun.

I think 7 rounds live is a little much.....

Maybe we could split it up though? Lists for rounds 4-5 due Monday night (48 hours after draft). Results released by say Wednesday, Rounds 6-7 due by start of NHL draft?

At least that way if there were any mistakes it wouldn't be much work to fix since it would only affect 2 rounds.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I think 7 rounds live is a little much.....

Maybe we could split it up though? Lists for rounds 4-5 due Monday night (48 hours after draft). Results released by say Wednesday, Rounds 6-7 due by start of NHL draft?

At least that way if there were any mistakes it wouldn't be much work to fix since it would only affect 2 rounds.

Lists should be simplified as well. Do away with these complex instructions which force the person compiling the lists to go on a scavenger hunt sometimes.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Lists should be simplified as well. Do away with these complex instructions which force the person compiling the lists to go on a scavenger hunt sometimes.

Hey Brock. What is a complex instruction? Was for example, the Flames submission too complicated?

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Hey Brock. What is a complex instruction? Was for example, the Flames submission too complicated?

Honestly, having done Brock's job at least four times myself, anything beyond "next player on a numbered list" becomes complicated once you have to start making corrections. It's just a lot to juggle in a short period of time - 30 lists (hopefully), trying to keep a running tally in your head and on paper of who's been selected already, etc.

What we probably should do for the future is set a Wednesday deadline for all lists to be submitted. Gives one day leeway to confirm that all lists have been received, and one last chance for people to review the draft order for errors.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Honestly, having done Brock's job at least four times myself, anything beyond "next player on a numbered list" becomes complicated once you have to start making corrections. It's just a lot to juggle in a short period of time - 30 lists (hopefully), trying to keep a running tally in your head and on paper of who's been selected already, etc.

What we probably should do for the future is set a Wednesday deadline for all lists to be submitted. Gives one day leeway to confirm that all lists have been received, and one last chance for people to review the draft order for errors.

This at least is a sensible suggestion. As for some of the other suggestions in this thread...

Doing seven live rounds would be cool as hell, but it's just not feasible - it's hard enough to get our GMs all around the world to be available for three hours, never mind 6 or 7. And splitting the lists into 4-5 and 6-7 is multiplying the workload and chance for error, not reducing it.

There's something to be said for simplifying instructions, but the deadline shift might make it more manageable. If Brock needs a break next year (and who could blame him?), I'd be willing to take this on again - it's been a number of years since I did it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad