2011 HFNHL Draft - Rounds 4-7 Submission

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Great stuff, as usual, Brock.

Stoked that I got the top two guys on my list in Forsberg and Houser, not to mention USHL scoring champ Blake Coleman. Hopefully he isn't too much of a head case.

Quite pleased, as most people are given our priority lists likely differ so much. Kind of disappointed not to land Pageau, but that was a sentimental pick.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
LOL - I picked up mighty mite T.J. Tynan to go along with Rocco Grimaldi. Awesome!

Midget wrestling, anyone? I'll take all comers!

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Great stuff, as usual, Brock.

Stoked that I got the top two guys on my list in Forsberg and Houser, not to mention USHL scoring champ Blake Coleman. Hopefully he isn't too much of a head case.

Quite pleased, as most people are given our priority lists likely differ so much. Kind of disappointed not to land Pageau, but that was a sentimental pick.

Did everybody end up with their top guys?

Normally I end up with guys way down my list. Here, Sorensen was my #11 on the list, and I got him with the fourth last pick in the draft. I had guys in my top 20 who went undrafted.

I wanted Pageau as well, even if I'm not convinced he'll play. It's just nice to have guys like that to cheer for.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Ummm ... I did send a list at 8:13 last night. I have re forwarded the e-mail and prey something can be done about it.

Edit: see the problem now. Like Dan I had copied from this original thread with the error in the e-mail addy (hotmai.com not hotmail.com). I did not get any bounce back on the e-mail so did not know there was a problem.

Using this list it doesn't look like my picks would cause much disruption given the instructions.
My picks would have been 4th (120) J.P. Anderson which the Ducks show as having in the 6th.
In the 7th there wouldn't have been any disruptions since no one took them would have/should be Brendan O'Donnell and Daniil Tarasov.

Last edited:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I only had 1 name on my list. Only had a 4th rounder and 2 7's. Made Brocks work a little easier

Vance started the season playing very well for the Philadelphia Revolution in the Eastern Junior Hockey League, but transitioned to Victoriaville in the Quebec League in January to gain more exposure to NHL scouts in his draft year. It proved to be a good decision as he quickly put himself on the prospect map by showing excellent footwork and mobility for a gangly 6-5 kid who is one of the youngest players available in this year's draft. He had just begun to scratch the surface of his potential in the EJHL, then blossomed late in the QMJHL season and playoffs. He shows outstanding patience and poise handling the puck, always skating with his head up looking to make plays and usually making very good decisions in puck movement.

--taken from redline report's USA today page

Last edited:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Did everybody end up with their top guys?

Normally I end up with guys way down my list. Here, Sorensen was my #11 on the list, and I got him with the fourth last pick in the draft. I had guys in my top 20 who went undrafted.

I wanted Pageau as well, even if I'm not convinced he'll play. It's just nice to have guys like that to cheer for.

I got my top 2 guys and 5 of my top 8 ranked guys, so i'm pretty happy

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Ummm ... I did send a list at 8:13 last night. I have re forwarded the e-mail and prey something can be done about it.

Edit: see the problem now. Like Dan I had copied from this original thread with the error in the e-mail addy (hotmai.com not hotmail.com). I did not get any bounce back on the e-mail so did not know there was a problem.

Using this list it doesn't look like my picks would cause much disruption given the instructions.
My picks would have been 4th (120) J.P. Anderson which the Ducks show as having in the 6th.
In the 7th there wouldn't have been any disruptions since no one took them would have/should be Brendan O'Donnell and Daniil Tarasov.

Oh boy! Hope this doesn't screw things up

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002

[cough] Kyle Wanvig [/cough] ;-)

So you want J.P. Anderson, eh? Is this still about Martin Jones? It's called karma, Cinderella, and sooner or later it runs flying out the door!!!!!

Now that I'm done having fun at Drew's expense...Brock, it's your call. I think the only effect this would have is that all of my picks would get advanced one, and my final 7th would be 2010 draftee Mac Carruth. Conveniently, another goalie. I'd obviously prefer Anderson, but don't see a HUGE difference between the two.

Of course, I would demand future considerations in the event that Anderson becomes an All-Star. :)

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
[cough] Kyle Wanvig [/cough] ;-)

So you want J.P. Anderson, eh? Is this still about Martin Jones?

LOL ... actually you've beaten me to 'my goalie' on day 2 twice. The other one was a bum named Pekka Rinne. No worries since after losing out on Rinne I got that all-star dman Ville Koistinen :shakehead

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I got my top two guys, and got two goalies:

Daniel Pribyl
Matt McNeely
Zach Franko
Lars Volden

Pleased with these players. Thanks Brock.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Hey Brock i guess you were in a rush my 4th player Fredrik Anderson was not drafted but you skipped him on my list id much rather have him than my 6th pick. not sure if it can be changed now but figured id point it out it should be torontos pick Anderson then Makarov at STL pick

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Zac - if it's Andersen, the Danish goalie, he was drafted last year by Buffalo. Misspelled on the prospect list.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I haven't checked to see what impact it has yet but the DET 5th round pick was my property but listed incorrectly as belonging to Detroit still on the draft file. I had pointed it out in the other thread but guess it didn't make it to the main file Brock used.

EDIT: Looks like Bunz was up next as I wanted a goalie at that position, who was conveniently selected by the Panthers. I see what happened here...;)

EDIT EDIT: This would change my 7th round pick as well. I hoped for a goalie at the DET 5th pick then the top player left on my list in the 7th. There are a few players that went undrafted, top one being Jonatan Nielsen who I had 12th on my list. Depending on what happens with that 5th round pick would this be able to be changed as well?

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Lol, sleep is for the weak, huh Brock?

I know, curiosity demanded it of you.

EDIT: Shame to see DET and PIT were AWOL, any news there?

Iliked your Balisy pick. *******. :d

Very, very surprised Komarek was still on the board, and quite pleased to grab both Straight and O'Gara. Straight reminds me of previous Jackets draft picks like Potulny and Stepan. Hopefully he pans out as well. And Komarek I think is going to come out as one of the top players picked outside the first round - he was a big part of why I was trying to pick up the Leafs' 91st and 93rd overall. Glad now that trade didn't happen!

I made a play for the 91st and 93rd as well, but more or less got two of the guys I wanted there anyways.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I haven't checked to see what impact it has yet but the DET 5th round pick was my property but listed incorrectly as belonging to Detroit still on the draft file. I had pointed it out in the other thread but guess it didn't make it to the main file Brock used.

EDIT: Looks like Bunz was up next as I wanted a goalie at that position, who was conveniently selected by the Panthers. I see what happened here...;)

EDIT EDIT: This would change my 7th round pick as well. I hoped for a goalie at the DET 5th pick then the top player left on my list in the 7th. There are a few players that went undrafted, top one being Jonatan Nielsen who I had 12th on my list. Depending on what happens with that 5th round pick would this be able to be changed as well?

Are you positive you own that pick Jeff? I noticed in your instructions that you had stuff for that DET 5th, but I went through the trade log (which has everything for the past few years) and couldn't find any record of you acquiring that pick. There seem to be a few errors on the prospect page in regards to the owning of certain picks, so I chalked it up to that. I talked to Ryan Yessie about how his prospect page says he owns 4 4th's, but he actually only owns 3. Some stuff appears to have gotten mixed up somehow.

But in the instructions Drew sent to me, he doesn't have anything for that pick, so I'm inclined to believe you.

The whole draft is going to have to change now pretty much. I can honestly say that as of right now, this will be my last year doing it. Just too much chaos, not enough following instructions, convoluted instructions and it takes up way too much time. Especially when you have to do it twice, like I've had to the past two years.

This is going to take a while so the "new" draft likely won't be up until later today when I've got some time to look at it and I get home from work.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Did everybody end up with their top guys? .... I had guys in my top 20 who went undrafted.

I had the same. All of my picks, even at 202, were in my top 20. I got the goalie at the top of my list at 158 (the Gibsons aside).

Kind of disappointed not to land Pageau, but that was a sentimental pick.

Me too. Though I had him lower on my list (I don't like drafting shrimps, just softies...) and was hoping he'd fall to the 170's. Matt K (the other one) is always an astute drafter...

I like this pick. He seems to have all the attributes to be a player. Someone in the live draft room mentioned that he thought there were a LOT of Dmen who seemed to have the attributes to play in the NHL in this draft, and I tend to agree, even if it's guys without much offensive upside like Vance.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
but I went through the trade log (which has everything for the past few years) .... There seem to be a few errors on the prospect page ....I talked to Ryan Yessie about how his prospect page says he owns 4 4th's, but he actually only owns 3. Some stuff appears to have gotten mixed up somehow.

I honestly had a hell of a time with the draft pick mess in the trades and really thought I'd settled it with the updates yesterday - but there has been a lot of confusion (some due to emails I didn't get, some due to my rejection of trades that didn't indicate specific trades....) So, some of this probably comes down to that - and I apologize for that Brock.

EDIT: It does seem the prospect file reflects Jeffs ownership of the DET 5

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Are you positive you own that pick Jeff? I noticed in your instructions that you had stuff for that DET 5th, but I went through the trade log (which has everything for the past few years) and couldn't find any record of you acquiring that pick. There seem to be a few errors on the prospect page in regards to the owning of certain picks, so I chalked it up to that. I talked to Ryan Yessie about how his prospect page says he owns 4 4th's, but he actually only owns 3. Some stuff appears to have gotten mixed up somehow.

But in the instructions Drew sent to me, he doesn't have anything for that pick, so I'm inclined to believe you.

The whole draft is going to have to change now pretty much. I can honestly say that as of right now, this will be my last year doing it. Just too much chaos, not enough following instructions, convoluted instructions and it takes up way too much time. Especially when you have to do it twice, like I've had to the past two years.

This is going to take a while so the "new" draft likely won't be up until later today when I've got some time to look at it and I get home from work.

Wrt to the DET 5th it hasn't been mine for quite some time. It's funny you mentioned the possibility of a mixup b/c when I noticed it gone earlier in the year I couldn't remember having traded it but I never questioned it (figured the memory was just going) so it's all moot and it's Jeff's pick as far as I'm concerned. I hadn't even noticed the draft order showing that 5th as mine for some reason.

I'm sorry this has caused so much headache.

Last edited:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver

I sent you and Matt (for confirmation) the trade email from a year or so ago. It's listed wrong on the trade blog that's why you couldn't find it.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Wrt to the DET 5th it hasn't been mine for quite some time. It's funny you mentioned the possibility of a mixup b/c when I noticed it gone earlier in the year I couldn't remember having traded it but I never questioned it (figured the memory was just going) so it's all moot and it's Jeff's pick as far as I'm concerned. I hadn't even noticed the draft order showing that 5th as mine for some reason.

I'm sorry this has caused so much headache.

I got it from Kershaw in our Gaustad for Goc and a bunch of picks blockbuster back at the trade deadline 2 years ago. It's listed as CGY 5th on the trade blog but that's a mistake that Matt and I confirmed via email back then. So you must have sent it to Calgary sometime previous to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad