2011 HFNHL Draft - Rounds 4-7 Submission

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
OK guys,

With Rounds 1-3 complete, it's time to look to the final four rounds of our draft done by list.

These lists are due to me at [email protected], by Thursday, June 23 at 11:59 PM EST. There is no flexibility in this. The past two years, I've started the draft only to have GM's hand in lists late. Previously, I was flexible and re-did things to accommodate, but I no longer have to the time to do that. If you don't submit a list, players will be chosen by highest rated CSB skater.

Your list can include a full list with players numbered from 1-150, or it can be simply take the highest CSB player available. BUT make sure you send instructions. We treat a lack of instruction pretty strictly, about on par with missing the live portion of the draft.

If you do not have any draft picks left for rounds 4-7, don't worry about sending me a list.

I will have the final draft list up by the weekend (hopefully), that way everybody knows where they stand prior to the NHL Entry Draft.

Of course, a trade freeze will come into effect starting Wednesday, June 22 at 11:59 PM (EST). This will finalize the draft order for Thursday.

I will be sending my list in to the Commish sometime on Monday. So I'd refrain from sending me your list until then (although I don't actually look at the lists until I start doing the draft).

Happy Drafting!

Last edited:

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I cant acess hfnhl.com for some reason. Can someone pls tell me how old a player can be to be drafted this year? Is it birthyear 89?

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
I cant acess hfnhl.com for some reason. Can someone pls tell me how old a player can be to be drafted this year? Is it birthyear 89?

It's 91 birth year for NA players or Euros playing in NA the year prior to being drafted in the NHL.
For all other Euro's the HFNHL cut-off is an 89 birth year.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
It's 91 birth year for NA players or Euros playing in NA the year prior to being drafted in the NHL.
For all other Euro's the HFNHL cut-off is an 89 birth year.

Yup.

5. Draft Eligibility – General
Prospects eligible to be drafted include those on the CSB final rankings ( http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm ). More generally, all North American players born on or between January 1, 1991 and September 15, 1993 who have not already been drafted by an HFNHL team (North American players with birthdates in 1990 or prior are Unrestricted Free Agents, assuming of course that their rights are not already held by another HFNHL team, and will be available to be signed during the Free Agency period that takes place later in the summer).

International players must be born between January 1, 1989 and September 15, 1993 (you can no longer draft overage Europeans). Simplest way to sort out if an International player (who has played in NA) should be considered under the NA or International draft eligibility criteria is as follows:

- If *not* already drafted by an NHL team, base it on where they played this past season
- If already drafted by an NHL team, base it on where they were playing in the season prior to being drafted by the NHL.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
If I don't have your list by now, it is 6 and a half hours passed the deadline. I won't be accepting it. My plan is to complete the draft before work this morning because I'm not going to have a ton of time this weekend. If all goes well, I'll have the draft finished by 8 am this morning.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Lol, sleep is for the weak, huh Brock?

I know, curiosity demanded it of you.

EDIT: Shame to see DET and PIT were AWOL, any news there?

Iliked your Balisy pick. *******. :d

Very, very surprised Komarek was still on the board, and quite pleased to grab both Straight and O'Gara. Straight reminds me of previous Jackets draft picks like Potulny and Stepan. Hopefully he pans out as well. And Komarek I think is going to come out as one of the top players picked outside the first round - he was a big part of why I was trying to pick up the Leafs' 91st and 93rd overall. Glad now that trade didn't happen!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad