2011 European Trophy & Red Bull Salute (Dec. 16-18)

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Format
The 24 teams are divided into four divisions: North, East, South and West. Each team plays one game against the five other teams in its division, and one game against one team from each of the other three divisions. This makes for a total of eight round-robin games per team.

The top two teams from each division qualify for the playoffs: The Red Bulls Salute, hosted by EC Red Bull Salzburg, and played in Salzburg and Vienna, on December 16-18.

If the Salzburg team fails to qualify by seed, they will qualify as hosts. They will then take the playoff place of the second placed team in all groups with the least amount of points.

Last edited:

hz

Aug 7, 2010
Do anyone know if the game beetween Frölunda and Berlin is going to be broadcast somewhere? And is Viasat the only channel which will be broadcasting from the tournament?

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Wasn't the European Trophy supposed to be the nucleus for a new European Hockey League/Champions Hockey League? Doesn't look so good now.

Crap. No one in Salzburg cares for hockey. Attendance is always very low. Glendale is Hockeytown compared to Salzburg.

well, I care:D

honestly, you`re right. international tourneys aren`t what the guys here want to watch, they want their rivalries against austrian teams but don`t really understand that quality of hockey per example scandinavian teams bring to Salzburg.

but credit where credit is due, Red Bull is the initiator (and for sure the biggest investor) of this pretty cool tourney and has some more good ideas for the next seasons and the price is that the finals are IN and WITH Salzburg

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
btw has anyone streams for any games tomorrow?

wanna watch the Färjestads-Bulls game but the HIFK one or any other one would be cool too

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Sparta Prag vs HV 71 live here btw they are broadcasting soccer Czech rep Norway :D

Slovan Bratislava vs KalPa Kuopio here

I dont know if it is geo-blocked or not

hz

Aug 7, 2010
So what do people think about the game beetween Frölunda-Berlin. I think Frölunda would have a chance to beat Berlin, if Hellberg or Andersen would start. But now it looks like Linus Fernström is going to start and I think this level is a bit too high for him. He played divsion 1 last year.

Systemfel

Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
So what do people think about the game beetween Frölunda-Berlin. I think Frölunda would have a chance to beat Berlin, if Hellberg or Andersen would start. But now it looks like Linus Fernström is going to start and I think this level is a bit too high for him. He played divsion 1 last year.
Fernström did not look good in practice on Monday. Could get lit up pretty good against the seasoned guys in Eisbären.

Mara

May 10, 2011
And so it begins... Anyone know if there's a free stream of the Vienna Capitals - Oulun Kärpät match? :help:

Latex*

And so it begins... Anyone know if there's a free stream of the Vienna Capitals - Oulun Kärpät match? :help:

I don't think there's going to be one, but there's probably going to be one for Slovan Bratislava v. Kärpät in the site already posted here.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
these two sites should broadcast all home matches of slovak/czech teams at this Trophy, just check it

Latex*

LOLOLOL Kalpa. Dominated the game 90% of the time and lost in the shootout.

That was amusing.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
LOLOLOL Kalpa. Dominated the game 90% of the time and lost in the shootout.

That was amusing.

That game was odd as fuark, haha. Looked like men vs boys, but then again the team who scores wins, not the one that keeps the puck 90 per cent of the time. :laugh:

gof

Aug 11, 2010
Looks like Djurgården is trying to punish all of them who isn't at their seats at the faceoff.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Djurgårdens IF - HC Slavia Praha 5-2
Frölunda Indians - Eisbären Berlin 6-0
Färjestads BK - EC Red Bull Salzburg 0-4

Systemfel

Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Man, what a showing from Frölunda. Was NOT expecting this. Just pedal to the metal from start to finish.

Also, Eisbären got really frustrated really fast. Started whining and complaining on eachother and the refs. How did they win the DEL with that kind of attitude?

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
That's the interesting thing with a tournament like this. You mostly have no idea what to expect from the teams who aren't from your country (as you haven't even heard of most players).

And Linköping and Pardubice got to practise special teams a lot. 26 two minute penalties (and 20 of those resulted in PP's)! :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad