2011 European Trophy & Red Bull Salute (Dec. 16-18)

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
TPS - Färjestad 2-1 (OT)
Jokerit - Luleå 2-1
Tappara - Frölunda 3-4 (SO)
Kärpät - HC Plzen 2-3 (SO)
KalPa - HC Mountfield 2-3 (SO)

Last edited:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Attendance August 18:

Kuopio 3,433
Tampere 3,010
Turku 2,309
Liberec 1,500
Vantaa 1,204
Haapajärvi 785

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
anyone know if theres gonna be a HIFK - Luleå HF stream or something? :(

Last edited:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I think that HIFK is one of the best team or even best non-KHL team in europe. They have stacked roster and they play good hockey. I sure hope they don't win the FEL title but its very likely.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Well, Slovan Bratislava keep on rolling at home :handclap:. 5477 spectators today

Slovan Bratislava - Vienna Capitals: 6:1

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
I already know that the games are in Tikkurila, but i've never been in Vantaa (well, in the Airport) and i'll go in the morning to find the Arena. I'm actually pretty close to Helsingin Jäähalli (i'm living in the Töölö Towers, at Pohjoinen Hesperiankatu) and i visited a couple of times the Arena and also the Sonera Stadium. I still want to go to the Hartwall Areena, because i want to buy a Pulkkinen's T-Shirt (a basic one), maybe in a few days.

So how was the game? eventho i live in vantaa i've never went to valtti areena to watch any games(tho played hockey there once or twice with my classmates)

The place your living is like a dream for a sports fan! Every major stadiums/arenas are nearby :yo:

P.S hope you enjoy your time here :)

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
How much money does the winning team get anyway? Curious if its a decent sum, since a lot of the fans seem to treat the games their teams play as useless preseason games (just the fans to the losing teams obviously :naughty:)

Pulkkinen

Elias Lindholm.
Apr 19, 2010
Barcelona.
twitter.com
So how was the game? eventho i live in vantaa i've never went to valtti areena to watch any games(tho played hockey there once or twice with my classmates)

The place your living is like a dream for a sports fan! Every major stadiums/arenas are nearby :yo:

P.S hope you enjoy your time here :)

¡Great Match!

Also a great atmosphere. People was singing "IFK" and "Ville Peltonen" plenty of times during the game and HIFK won 5 - 2. Really solid defense with Mikko Jokela, Markus Kankaanperä, Ilari Melart, and the offensive aportation of Toni Söderholm, and a lot of great chances for almost all the players of HIFK. Mikael Granlund showed some great moves, speed, and also scored a goal after a great pass from Peltonen in a play started by himself. But Peltonen is really special. Every time he drives the puck, he makes a scoring chance. Kim Hirschovits also had a good game and solid work of Eero Somervuori and Eetu Pöysti. Really good match from HIFK.

About Luleå, they have some really good players and they showed flashes of good offensive playing, but Juuso Riiksman was solid all the game. Topi Jaakola is a great offensive defenseman, good shot and really intelligent carrying the puck. Mattias Persson made some good drives, and Johan Harju tried to score, but not a good overall game for the swedish side.

The place is really well connected. On Monday, i went to the Finland vs. Portugal at Jaahali, today to the European Trophy and i bought also a ticket for the HJK vs. RoPS for Sunday at Sonera. I would have liked to go to a Jokerit match at the Hartwall, but i bought a Pulkkinen's T-Shirt the other day at the Jokerit Store. It's really nice the Hartwall Areena.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Tappara - Färjestads BK 2-4
Jokerit - Djurgårdens IF1-4
Oulun Kärpät - HC Mountfield 1-2
TPS - Frölunda Indians 3-2 (SO)

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Attendance...

...August 19:

Berlin 8,900
Bratislava 5,477
Praha 2,280
Vantaa 1,548
Innsbruck 650

...August 20:

Kuopio 3,311
Tampere 2,810
Turku 2,465
Vantaa 1,524
Nivala 1,300
Innsbruck 900

...August 21:

Berlin 7,600
Kokkola 1,992
Vantaa (IFK) 1,800
Vantaa (Jokerit) 1,284
Salzburg 1,100

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Not uncommon in the 2010 European Trophy too. In fact, all Jokerit home games were played in Vantaa and all IFK home games in Järvenpää. Tappara played only their last home game in Tampere, the others were in Kotka, Lempäälä and Nokia.
Other unusual home sites in 2010:
Färjestads BK: Arvika, Karlskoga
Linköpings HC: Mjölby, Motala
HV 71: Tranås, Gislaved, Värnamo, Nässjö
Frölunda HC: Borås, Kungsbacka, Kungälv
Eisbären Berlin: Crimmitschau, Dresden
Adler Mannheim: Heilbronn
SC Bern: Langenthal, Wichtrach
ZSC Lions: Zürich-Oerlikon, Bäretswil
EC Salzburg: Zell am See

Other unusual sites scheduled this year:
Oulun Kärpät: Haapajärvi, Nivala, Kokkola, Raahe
Tappara: Kotka
Luleå HF: Kiruna
Färjestads BK: Åmål
Linköpings HC: Mjölby, Katrineholm
HV 71: Tranås, Nässjö, Värnamo, Gislaved
Frölunda HC: Kungsbacka
Eisbären Berlin: Dresden, Crimmitschau
Adler Mannheim: Innsbruck

And, last but not least:
2011 European Trophy Finals: Salzburg. Unusual site for a European hockey tournament because virtually nobody in Salzburg cares for hockey...

It's the same if you go back to the older Nordic Trophy as well. Part of it is about spreading an interest for the game to nearby communities. Not to mention that at least some of those places are close enough to the actual "home towns" of the teams so that they have fans there who attend the regular season games.

Also smaller arenas are favourable to get a good atmosphere when it comes to pre-season games as the attendance numbers are usually lower. Linköping, for example, won't play any European Trophy games in their main arena (playing two in other communities and two in their old arena).

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Next 3 homegames of the Red Bulls will be streamed live on www.europeantrophy.com
Shortly before the game starts, the link to the stream will be opened. Next game is tomorrow, August 25th vs. 15-times finnish champion Tappara Tampere.

Latex*

LOL Tappara is terrible. Surely will be dead last in the league this upcoming season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->