2011 European Trophy & Red Bull Salute (Dec. 16-18)

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
has anyone links for game highlight-vids. couldn`t find any on YT (talking bout the Bulls-game but there wasn`t any other either)

Thanks!

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
IFK winning 2-0 vs Jokerit, 1st period over goals by Eetu Pöysti and Kimmo Kuhta :yo:

Last edited:

Latex*

Ehehehe! Our goalie prospect Lundell is on Fire and IFK leading 4-0 :yo:

Pulkkinen

Elias Lindholm.
Apr 19, 2010
Barcelona.
twitter.com
Since i'm studying this August at the University of Helsinki, i bought a ticket to HIFK against Lulea game. So, if anyone goes to the game and sees a Spanish fan trying to find the Vantaa Arena and the correct gate, that would be me. Probably i'll be wearing a Granlund's shirt (not a jersey, the basic one with the logo at the front and the name and number at the back) that i bought a few days ago. I want to buy also a Pulkkinen's shirt with the Jokerit logo.

That's a great tournament to approach people to the game. Great teams, good games and cheap prices (i'm used to the Spanish prices, a little bit more expensive, around 50 EUR if you want to see FC Barcelona on a regular season game) so, i'm really excited about this match. I hope HIFK can take the victory.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
And Linköping and Pardubice got to practise special teams a lot. 26 two minute penalties (and 20 of those resulted in PP's)! :shakehead

Yeah, welcome in the Czech republic, where the refs are lords of the games:rant:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
August 12 & 13 Attendance numbers:

Bratislava 4,316
Luleå 4,057
Brno 3,946
Pardubice 3,528
Wien 3,100
Karlstad 2,687
Göteborg 2,471
Helsinki 1,800 Correction: Vantaa, not Helsinki
České Budějovice 1,550
Stockholm 1,248

Last edited:

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
I search and search but can`t find streams for Djurgårdens IF – EC Red Bull Salzburg

can anyone help please?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Since i'm studying this August at the University of Helsinki, i bought a ticket to HIFK against Lulea game. So, if anyone goes to the game and sees a Spanish fan trying to find the Vantaa Arena and the correct gate, that would be me. Probably i'll be wearing a Granlund's shirt (not a jersey, the basic one with the logo at the front and the name and number at the back) that i bought a few days ago. I want to buy also a Pulkkinen's shirt with the Jokerit logo.

That's a great tournament to approach people to the game. Great teams, good games and cheap prices (i'm used to the Spanish prices, a little bit more expensive, around 50 EUR if you want to see FC Barcelona on a regular season game) so, i'm really excited about this match. I hope HIFK can take the victory.

You probably know but just to make sure: Dont confuse with Hartwall areena (most popular arena in helsinki) or that HIFK's areena (Nordis, Helsingin Jäähalli), its some other smaller rink. Dont know why they arent playing in hartwall or hifk's areena thought, but they aint.

Latex*

You probably know but just to make sure: Dont confuse with Hartwall areena (most popular arena in helsinki) or that HIFK's areena (Nordis, Helsingin Jäähalli), its some other smaller rink. Dont know why they arent playing in hartwall or hifk's areena thought, but they aint.

Lol WTF at the Bolded part :laugh:

Anyways, if the guy is trying to find Vantaa (Tikkurila) arena, I'm pretty sure he is not mixing it up with the Helsinki ones. Just sayin..

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Hey guys, anyone have an update on how Leafs prospect Daniel Brodin has played for Djurgarden in this tournament?

Pulkkinen

Elias Lindholm.
Apr 19, 2010
Barcelona.
twitter.com

Anyways, if the guy is trying to find Vantaa (Tikkurila) arena, I'm pretty sure he is not mixing it up with the Helsinki ones. Just sayin..

I already know that the games are in Tikkurila, but i've never been in Vantaa (well, in the Airport) and i'll go in the morning to find the Arena. I'm actually pretty close to Helsingin Jäähalli (i'm living in the Töölö Towers, at Pohjoinen Hesperiankatu) and i visited a couple of times the Arena and also the Sonera Stadium. I still want to go to the Hartwall Areena, because i want to buy a Pulkkinen's T-Shirt (a basic one), maybe in a few days.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
That game was played in Vantaa

Thank you, I corrected it.

Attendance August 14:

Wien 4,700 Zuschauer
Bratislava 4,639 Zuschauer
Luleå 3,872 Zuschauer
Brno 3,355 Zuschauer
Turku 2,673 Zuschauer
Stockholm 1,818 Zuschauer

Good numbers in Bratislava (4,290 + 4,316 + 4,639) and Wien (4,700 + 3,100 + 4,700) so far. Luleå (4,057 + 3,872) and Brno (3,946 + 3,355) too.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Well for me Vantaa, espoo and others have allways been part of Helsinki when i've visited here.. The city just continues and continues, there is really no "lande" between them.

I really think the jaffa is the most popular inside arena, there are all the big bands performing (if not the olympic stadium ofc) also, not only hockey.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
QnebO;35917359 Dont know why they arent playing in hartwall or hifk's areena thought said:
Both teams have stated that it's too expensive to use the main arenas for exhibition/pre-season games. I don't think neither has the ice ready yet.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
yeah, but why is that?? :help:

Both teams have stated that it's too expensive to use the main arenas for exhibition/pre-season games.

Not uncommon in the 2010 European Trophy too. In fact, all Jokerit home games were played in Vantaa and all IFK home games in Järvenpää. Tappara played only their last home game in Tampere, the others were in Kotka, Lempäälä and Nokia.
Other unusual home sites in 2010:
Färjestads BK: Arvika, Karlskoga
Linköpings HC: Mjölby, Motala
HV 71: Tranås, Gislaved, Värnamo, Nässjö
Frölunda HC: Borås, Kungsbacka, Kungälv
Eisbären Berlin: Crimmitschau, Dresden
Adler Mannheim: Heilbronn
SC Bern: Langenthal, Wichtrach
ZSC Lions: Zürich-Oerlikon, Bäretswil
EC Salzburg: Zell am See

Other unusual sites scheduled this year:
Oulun Kärpät: Haapajärvi, Nivala, Kokkola, Raahe
Tappara: Kotka
Luleå HF: Kiruna
Färjestads BK: Åmål
Linköpings HC: Mjölby, Katrineholm
HV 71: Tranås, Nässjö, Värnamo, Gislaved
Frölunda HC: Kungsbacka
Eisbären Berlin: Dresden, Crimmitschau
Adler Mannheim: Innsbruck

And, last but not least:
2011 European Trophy Finals: Salzburg. Unusual site for a European hockey tournament because virtually nobody in Salzburg cares for hockey...

Latex*

Well for me Vantaa, espoo and others have allways been part of Helsinki when i've visited here.. The city just continues and continues, there is really no "lande" between them.

I really think the jaffa is the most popular inside arena, there are all the big bands performing (if not the olympic stadium ofc) also, not only hockey.

Never mix us Helsinkians up with those rednecks from Vantaa or Espoo... Never.

And no, Vantaa is full of farmhouses, wheat-fields, cows etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad