2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
not that high, some have him top 5. have you been watching the age group all year? if not how would you know?
Tough question but I'll ask anyway....Would you please complete this sentence?

"If I had to guess (and it's only a guess) at which player(s) might possibly tell the league that they are not reporting, only to end up landing in London, that player(s) would be...."

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Tough question but I'll ask anyway....Would you please complete this sentence?

"If I had to guess (and it's only a guess) at which player(s) might possibly tell the league that they are not reporting, only to end up landing in London, that player(s) would be...."
do you think mark tells everyone that kind of stuff?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
they didnt have anyone the last two years, how do you know they have someone this year?

I feel like that kind of move is becoming hit or miss lately even for London, more players are actually choosing to go the US route and perhaps more teams are more willing to draft BPA/get the comp pick if they won't report. I've not looked this up but it seems like we're seeing more comp picks in recent drafts....

Reactions: OMG67 and flamebird

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I feel like that kind of move is becoming hit or miss lately even for London, more players are actually choosing to go the US route and perhaps more teams are more willing to draft BPA/get the comp pick if they won't report. I've not looked this up but it seems like we're seeing more comp picks in recent drafts....
look at william Moore, they tried to swing, miss and only got a lesser pick for the efforts. agree 100 percent, they don’t recruit as well as they once did, I think because mark is focused on nhl stuff but I don’t know for sure

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
they didnt have anyone the last two years, how do you know they have someone this year?
I don't know that's why I reached out to you to see IF there are any rumblings behind the scenes. As you pointed out, Mark is not going to broadcast his intentions. I was merely curious.. that's all. Would you keep us posted if you hear any Knights news? Thanks.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
USHL Tenders so far:
Callum Croskery (Oakville)
Jet Kwajah (Toronto)
Cole Bumgarner (Minnesota)
Tynan Lawrence (Minnesota)
Jack Hextall (Chicago)
Beckham Edwards (Elgin-Middlesex/Detroit)
Ilya Morozov (Chicago)
Rudolfs Berzkalns (Rochester)
Alexander Hage (Toronto)

Did I miss any?

Last edited:

Bardown99

Jan 20, 2024
I’ve been scouting for OHL teams for 20 years, I’m you can tell me I’m full of it that’s fine, but tre YSE and Barrie goalies will be among the first few drafted.

vk kids are not that talented for thier size, I’d be worried about them. knowing is very good, camputaro is a project but works and competes. Ellswood and beites are among the top. Don’t see alot in the other goalies on Barrie and yse
Beites finally see's more then 25 shots for the very first time this entire season this morning. Loses the game early, then gets tossed out of that game for fighting a minute after he gets scored on, and with another period to play still. Then we see Ellsworth never face a real AAA club all week either but thats supposed to be impressive? So if GM's were taking either of these goalies "you like", then its based on their Youth Olympic choices, and those GM's are not listening to what their real goalie scouts are saying about entitled goalies like this. I'm ok if I'm wrong come draft day, totally fine with that, but I wasnt wrong about these 2 so-called high goalie prospects, they are both low in experience playing in games where "they" are difference makers and low in experience being outplayed by their opponents. How can you project greatness on those ultra important aspects to a goalies future?

Reactions: Ozymandias

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
USHL Tenders so far:
Callum Croskery (Oakville)
Jet Kwajah (Toronto)
Cole Bumgarner (Minnesota)
Tynan Lawrence (Minnesota)
Jack Hextall (Chicago)
Beckham Edwards (Elgin-Middlesex/Detroit)
Ilya Morozov (Chicago)
Rudolfs Berzkalns (Rochester)

Did I miss any?

Nothing confirmed yet but according to some (and the Toronto Star as well) Hage to Chicago and Nyman to the BCHL.

I've been following this thread for a while and there seems to be little to nothing said about any American born prospects. I'm wondering what the general consensus of Ethan Garden, Jacob Monks and Dominic Pajkic are. Was really surprised not to see Garden invited to the NTDP camp and seeing that he has not tendered with any USHL club yet, if he was considering the OHL route.

Reactions: GetOutDaKitchin

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Nothing confirmed yet but according to some (and the Toronto Star as well) Hage to Chicago and Nyman to the BCHL.

I've been following this thread for a while and there seems to be little to nothing said about any American born prospects. I'm wondering what the general consensus of Ethan Garden, Jacob Monks and Dominic Pajkic are. Was really surprised not to see Garden invited to the NTDP camp and seeing that he has not tendered with any USHL club yet, if he was considering the OHL route.
Garden would go first round, maybe even top-10. He’s small but super skilled. OHL is definitely an option he’s considering.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Monks also has pretty impressive points totals, comparable to to teammates Ethan Garden and Beckham Edwards. Where do we think he might slot in the draft if he opts for the OHL route?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Beites finally see's more then 25 shots for the very first time this entire season this morning. Loses the game early, then gets tossed out of that game for fighting a minute after he gets scored on, and with another period to play still. Then we see Ellsworth never face a real AAA club all week either but thats supposed to be impressive? So if GM's were taking either of these goalies "you like", then its based on their Youth Olympic choices, and those GM's are not listening to what their real goalie scouts are saying about entitled goalies like this. I'm ok if I'm wrong come draft day, totally fine with that, but I wasnt wrong about these 2 so-called high goalie prospects, they are both low in experience playing in games where "they" are difference makers and low in experience being outplayed by their opponents. How can you project greatness on those ultra important aspcts to a goalies future?
so you waited for the first first bad game in whenever and saved this post? i have no idea if he played poorly or not i went home last night, but he was lights out against the rebels and kept barrie in it at times. im sorry, but this does not read like a fan of the ohl, its almost personal or something. can we just not attack 15 year old kids?

i dont care what you think of my posts or opinions, just put me on ignore and enjoy. sorry, this reads more emotional vs anything. i can promise you i dont care, i post my opinion, if you dont like it, dont read and put me on ignore, ive done that for you, feel free to do it for me.

ill be taking a break, no need to take shots at by angry dads

Last edited:

Bardown99

Jan 20, 2024
so you waited for the first first bad game in whenever and saved this post? i have no idea if he played poorly or not i went home last night, but he was lights out against the rebels and kept barrie in it at times. im sorry, but this does not read like a fan of the ohl, its almost personal or something. can we just not attack 15 year old kids?

i dont care what you think of my posts or opinions, just put me on ignore and enjoy. sorry, this reads more emotional vs anything. i can promise you i dont care, i post my opinion, if you dont like it, dont read and put me on ignore, ive done that for you, feel free to do it for me.

ill be taking a break, no need to take shots at by angry dads
No one is attacking anyone. The facts are presented to you in respectful manner but since they dont align with your "opinion", you instead resort to ignoring instead of further conversing about the subject matter. I see you calling out other biased parent or hockey dad postings here all the time, but maybe your one of the teenage players making posts here because your reply is very immature.

hockeyguy77

Apr 12, 2023
Even though I was already pretty high on Fitzgerald(Had him around top 15 before OHL Cup), like last year proved with Carter Kostuch, a big OHL Cup can really boost your draft stock. I don't think he can make the jump to third as we still have Belchetz, Valentini, Wassilyn, and Di Iorio ahead of him, however I can definitly see him going Top 10. Maybe even as high as #5 or #6.

On a side note, how about the Logan Hawery downfall, where is he projected to go now?
He did have a good OHL Cup showing though. I am still high on him, but it's unfortunate he isn't also competing for the #1 spot with the rest of them.

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
No one is attacking anyone. The facts are presented to you in respectful manner but since they dont align with your "opinion", you instead resort to ignoring instead of further conversing about the subject matter. I see you calling out other biased parent or hockey dad postings here all the time, but maybe your one of the teenage players making posts here because your reply is very immature.
Your previous message seemed entirely personal and attacking. You called them entitled? What exactly makes them entitled in your opinion?

This isn't the first time either.

AAAdad

Jan 29, 2024
Headrick (OAK) has really impressed me at the OHL Cup. I watched a couple Oakville games and see that he had 2 goals in the semi...11 pts in the tournament. His tenacity is awesome to watch! I wonder how much his size impacts his draft. I love seeing a smaller kid with that type of compete...plays with no fear and punches above his weight.

Another kid on the small side, Mbarushimana (UCC) was also exciting to watch.

JuniorHockeyInsider

Nov 22, 2008
Headrick (OAK) has really impressed me at the OHL Cup. I watched a couple Oakville games and see that he had 2 goals in the semi...11 pts in the tournament. His tenacity is awesome to watch! I wonder how much his size impacts his draft. I love seeing a smaller kid with that type of compete...plays with no fear and punches above his weight.

Same. Headrick impressed me as well. I can see him going round 2.

Same. Headrick impressed me as well. I can see him going round 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad