2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

AAAdad

Jan 29, 2024
Usually players move from defense to forward, instead of the other way around. Mews is much more likely to make the NHL as a forward because I just don’t see him being effective enough defensively or physical enough to play the position at the pro level.
Funny enough, Mews was a forward only a few years ago. I believe he moved to DEF when he moved away to play for U16 Jr Canadiens.

I've heard whispers that Mews may not be entirely happy with the 67s.

Last edited:

AAAdad

Jan 29, 2024
Who were the “steals” yesterday?
At this point, I'm not sure I know what a "steal" looks like. The order in which these kids have gone so far is somewhat surprising to me. I saw some kids picked in the 2nd round that I thought for sure would be 4th and later picks...some much further.

Maybe Crete at 30th would be considered a steal considering all along he was touted as a 1st rounder.

Reactions: dirty12

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Mews is 6’1” 185. He isn’t undersized. He just doesn’t play a big body type of game. He has 2-3 years to fill out. I imagine he will play at around 200-205 when he gets to the NHL.

His issue is he is maybe too one dimensional BUT he was a converted Forward so he is a little behind the development curve as a defensive D-Man.

I dont’ view him as a 1st round pick but I think as a prospect, he sits nicely in the top half of the 2nd round area. I think that is a more reasonable spot for him. He may touch the 1st round late. It would depend a lot on the type of player those teams may be looking for. As a righty puck mover with pretty solid offence, he fits that bill. I just don’t see him in a Leafs jersey. Let Montreal take him in round two!

I agree about Sennecke BUT, I think his playing weight should settle in at 210 max. As he gains weight, he loses the break away speed. He could pack on more but then he transitions to a power forward that needs to bull his way through a crowd and I am not sure that is the type of player he needs to be. At 6’3” 210, he will still be fleet of foot while being able to lean on a lot of players when necessary.
Hey we've got enough d-men! I predict as a good gypsie that the Habs have the best D- core in the NHL in 4 years! We'll take Sennecke though...we need forwards.

JRHockeyBUZZZ

Mar 28, 2024
One Player who i am looking at a team taking a late round flyer on is 2006 Born Goaltender Sebastian Gatto, Gatto from Troy,MI Usa, Playing this season for the Leamington Flyers in the OJHL (.928 Save %.. GAA 2.23 17-9-2) has been outstanding, I would expect being American & given the age he is hoping to go the NCAA route but a team like say London. Who has a goalie graduating and can usually convince these players to commit could take a chance on Gatto.
WELL WELL WELL...

Reactions: LDN and nelli27

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Charlie Hotles is one of the best picks of the draft in the 6th round. 6-2 forward, competes hard, can score garbage goals around the net, impact forecheck, wall battles.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Wassilyn is a 5-8 forward, Im not sure why the OHL booklet claims he is 6-1, puck preps claims he is 6-2. Ive never seen 5-6 inches tacked on to a players legit height to help push his draft stock like that. He has to make the most adjustments next year out of any prospect inside the top 50, he does not engage when his team doesnt have the puck,

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Wassilyn is a 5-8 forward, Im not sure why the OHL booklet claims he is 6-1, puck preps claims he is 6-2. Ive never seen 5-6 inches tacked on to a players legit height to help push his draft stock like that. He has to make the most adjustments next year out of any prospect inside the top 50, he does not engage when his team doesnt have the puck,
Don't be a hater -- kids Uber talented. he'll make those adjustments at the next level

Last edited:

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
This is why everyone hates the Leafs.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
The Petes have their work cut out for them this offseason...
1713043436911.png
1713043470772.png

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
He too, can be Carson Rehkopf. Score 50 and disappear when it matters most!

FrankieC

Dec 29, 2023
Charlie Hotles is one of the best picks of the draft in the 6th round. 6-2 forward, competes hard, can score garbage goals around the net, impact forecheck, wall battles.
Oh my. There goes this family again. None of this is true. And you do no favors to what is a mediocre player by constantly doing this..

Reactions: hockeynugget

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Who’s the best undrafted 2008?
Some surprises -- thought they would go at some point, but didn't go at all. Not in any particular order, just players off the top of my head

Joey Kapel VK U16
Michael Cuhna DMF U16
Justin Anselmo YSE U16
Michael Alexiou T. Titans U16
Ben Brunton North Bay U18
Kaden Brand Marlies U16

Reactions: LDN

FrankieC

Dec 29, 2023
Some surprises -- thought they would go at some point, but didn't go at all. Not in any particular order, just players off the top of my head

Joey Kapel VK U16
Michael Cuhna DMF U16
Justin Anselmo YSE U16
Kaden Brand Marlies U16
A few of the kids peaked early & are trending in the wrong direction. But, also the later rounds were full of picks due to favors/relationships/etc. and thus, some deserving kids were overlooked

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Joey Kapel VK U16
Michael Cuhna DMF U16
Justin Anselmo YSE U16
Kaden Brand Marlies U16
Would they walk on for any training camps?

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2024
A few of the kids peaked early & are trending in the wrong direction. But, also the later rounds were full of picks due to favors/relationships/etc. and thus, some deserving kids were overlooked
It would be great to know who the favours / relationships picks are. There were definitely some names on that list that made me scratch my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad