2007 prospects??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
hey guys, i know it might be tough but does anyone know of any 2007 potential prospects?? the most i know of is a goalie in florida who is 13 or 14 and on an 18 y/o midget travel team for the state of florida, and is just dominating....cody mckinney (spelling?)
anyone know anyone else that are 2007 prospects?? thanks

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
forbesy said:
man you gotta draw the line somewhere
13, 14 year olds?

im near those kids age...i just thought it would be cool, and you guys are also doing stuff on 14 and 15 year olds with the 2006 draft...

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HockeyGuy1011 said:
hey guys, i know it might be tough but does anyone know of any 2007 potential prospects?? the most i know of is a goalie in florida who is 13 or 14 and on an 18 y/o midget travel team for the state of florida, and is just dominating....cody mckinney (spelling?)

I don't know this there are only two guys here that are known right now

1. Angelo Esposito. F Shattuck U16, is from Quebec and is ranked as the best 89 in the World at the moment. Is thinking about NCAA instead of the QMJHL

2. Michael Biega. F Quebec Bantam, is ranked up with Esposito as possibly the two best in North America at the moment. Is considering going QMJHL route instead of NCAA.

But this is getting thin now, after these two players I don't know who else??????????????????

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
moosefan said:
1. Angelo Esposito. F Shattuck U16, is from Quebec and is ranked as the best 89 in the World at the moment . Is thinking about NCAA instead of the QMJHL

I don't follow this. Who/what organisation/scouting service is ranking him #1 in the world? Here in Sweden there isn't a single prospect born 1989 that has received any attention by the media, as far as I know.
thanks

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
whlfanatic said:
What a joke, 2007 prospecst hahaha. Are you just trying to see if yer name comes up?

Im thinking about putting my nephew into hockey he's 2 years old. He'll be ready by 2016.

:lol:

go and drool over your boy brule or something....i was just doing it to find out some guys names because i thought it would be interesting...you have to make fun of people in order to get your jollies because you either dont know anything about hockey and/or is a very lonely person...sorry man

leafaholix*

Top 2007 International Players

1. Arhoff Guldenberg
2. Chen Jahn Doong
3. Abdul Wahad Bin Hadeen
4. Jacque Chien
5. Hippolito Van Gusen

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
go pierre hedin said:
Top 2007 International Players

1. Arhoff Guldenberg
2. Chen Jahn Doong
3. Abdul Wahad Bin Hadeen
4. Jacque Chien
5. Hippolito Van Gusen

hardy har har lol just forget it guys....

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Predatore said:
I don't follow this. Who/what organisation/scouting service is ranking him #1 in the world? Here in Sweden there isn't a single prospect born 1989 that has received any attention by the media, as far as I know.
thanks

He has been in the papers in Quebec a few times ranking him among the best; he has been scouted by some highly recomended schools NCAA wise now; he has been previewd a few times on certain sites ranking him possibly the best; I have seen him play once and he looked super on the ice; scouts are drooling over him now and are putting him up with the likes possibly the best to come from Quebec province since Mario Lemieux; he is dominating almost every tournament that he plays in and is playing in Shattuck in the U16 as the only 89 born in a 88 team.

Maybe world might have been a bit too big a word to use since I don't really know what Russia and so on has to offer but he is considered the best in North America for his age at the moment.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
thank you moosefan!! someone takes this seriously...lol
from what you say that kid sounds pretty great, i better start acquiring 2007 first rounders in my keeper league ;-)

evman150*

HockeyGuy1011 said:

Florida?

Sorry buddy, Florida doesn't count. That's like saying there's a star baseball player from Ellesmere Island. Sure it's great and all, but level of play counts for something, me thinks.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
evman150 said:
Florida?

Sorry buddy, Florida doesn't count. That's like saying there's a star baseball player from Ellesmere Island. Sure it's great and all, but level of play counts for something, me thinks.
i believe brian leetch is from texas...but that doesnt count right? i think a team from south florida won the national championship for bantam or peewee this past summer...i know those kids are young but too beat out every other team...not bad

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Hey guys Florida and California begins to produce great hockey players so it's not because they have no winter that they could'nt be good hockey players.

And for those who laght about those who want information on 2006 or 2007 prospect just don't read these thread. The name of this site his Hockey's future not nhl hockey talk, so for me we must speak about the future of hockey, and 2007 is the future.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Anfernic said:
Hey guys Florida and California begins to produce great hockey players so it's not because they have no winter that they could'nt be good hockey players.

And for those who laght about those who want information on 2006 or 2007 prospect just don't read these thread. The name of this site his Hockey's future not nhl hockey talk, so for me we must speak about the future of hockey, and 2007 is the future.

We can also see those "uncommon" hockey place teams play in Quebec's pee-wee tournement and there are pretty good teams out there.

DiMo

Sep 12, 2003
Visit site
HockeyGuy1011 said:
i believe brian leetch is from texas...but that doesnt count right? i think a team from south florida won the national championship for bantam or peewee this past summer...i know those kids are young but too beat out every other team...not bad

Leetch was born in Texas, but grew up in MASS.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sorry, but 2007 is waaaay too far off. Most of the players mentioned in this thread will probably not be be on the radar come draft time. It's hard enough scouting the upcoming draft.

evman150*

HockeyGuy1011 said:
i believe brian leetch is from texas...but that doesnt count right?

No it doesn't.

Unless you think Dany Heatley is German and Robyn Regehr is Brazilian. Then I guess it would count.

:shakehead

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
evman150 said:
No it doesn't.

Unless you think Dany Heatley is German and Robyn Regehr is Brazilian. Then I guess it would count.

:shakehead
st4icx and anferic are right, "uncommon hockey teams" are getting better...with the expansion of nhl franchises to places like atlanta, florida, nashvill....more people will be playing hockey in these "unusual" places...anyways, so your saying that if a new peter forsberg or joey thornton rolls around in the nhl in a few years and theyre from, say, miami or san jose, youll just shrug them off and not look?? nice try

also, i agree with whoever said that this is a prospects post and not an nhl post...if you wanna talk about current things, theres a whole other board out there for you, but some people want to focus on the future...although, it is tough to look for 2006 and 2007 prospects, but when a kid like crosby comes around you can tell...just like lemieux and gretzky were in stars in canada before they were teenagers...

evman150*

HockeyGuy1011 said:
st4icx and anferic are right, "uncommon hockey teams" are getting better...with the expansion of nhl franchises to places like atlanta, florida, nashvill....more people will be playing hockey in these "unusual" places...anyways, so your saying that if a new peter forsberg or joey thornton rolls around in the nhl in a few years and theyre from, say, miami or san jose, youll just shrug them off and not look?? nice try

I'll believe it when I see it.

BCCHL inactive

1. It is ridiculous to say a certain American region (eg: Florida) cannot produce elite hockey players based on where that region is.

2. It is ridiculous to even discuss a 1989-born's NHL potential. If there should be any discussion about these players, it should be for which JUNIOR teams will draft them this summer....and only the WHL drafts bantam players. The OHL and QMJHL wait until they are Midgets (15 years of age).

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Agents as well as Junior teams are already looking to lock up these kids (1989) as they're draft eligible for the 'dub this year.

There are even some kids (1990's) playing for the NSWC agents are starting to call.

The recruiting gets earlier and earlier.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
Schlep Rock said:
Agents as well as Junior teams are already looking to lock up these kids (1989) as they're draft eligible for the 'dub this year.

There are even some kids (1990's) playing for the NSWC agents are starting to call.

The recruiting gets earlier and earlier.
bobby orr....signed by bruins at 14 years old....bad idea?? i need not say anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad