2000-2010 nostalgia thread

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

Perezhogin's career highlight, at the time I was convinced he was going to be a special player. :laugh:

I was the eternal optimist back then, any player in a Habs jersey I loved unconditionally. Sometimes I miss being that naive teen who sees everything through rose-colored glasses, definitely the most fun I've had watching Habs hockey. So yeah, nostalgia definitely plays a big role here but let's be honest, some of those mid/late 00's teams had more skills than any roster MB has ever put together and Kovalev is the last true star forward we've had. Our PP was also lethal and creative every year, I'm pretty sure we had a stretch of over 10 straight power plays with a goal back in 2006-2007.

Not much to show for it at the end of the day, sure... but more entertaining to watch than anything we've seen in the past 12 years.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Remember how well Doug Gilmour played in his one playoff with the Habs. We got to see Corey Perry and Eric Staal last summer. These guys who were stars and have won the cup know how to turn it up when it matters.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017

Perezhogin's career highlight, at the time I was convinced he was going to be a special player. :laugh:

I was the eternal optimist back then, any player in a Habs jersey I loved unconditionally. Sometimes I miss being that naive teen who sees everything through rose-colored glasses, definitely the most fun I've had watching Habs hockey. So yeah, nostalgia definitely plays a big role here but let's be honest, some of those mid/late 00's teams had more skills than any roster MB has ever put together and Kovalev is the last true star forward we've had. Our PP was also lethal and creative every year, I'm pretty sure we had a stretch of over 10 straight power plays with a goal back in 2006-2007.

Not much to show for it at the end of the day, sure... but more entertaining to watch than anything we've seen in the past 12 years.

Komisarek making a nicer outlet than our D can muster up anymore. Sad.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Who remembers when Michel Therrien sent out winger Bill Lindsay to take a faceoff in playoff OT over faceoff king Yanic Perreault? He lost the draw and the Canes immediately scored off the faceoff to tie the series at 2. :help::help::help:

Therrien is truly the biggest reason the Habs lost the series.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Remember Theodore’s return to Montreal? Didn’t Rivet score on a breakaway in that game to give us the lead? Seems like a dream thinking back on it.

8-5 and Theodore in for all 8. We lit his ass up and he ended up being a complete dud in Denver before kind of bouncing back as an alright journeyman for the rest of his career.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Giving some love to Mark Streit since I feel he never gets appreciated for that 2007-2008 season.

I remember letting him walk away in 2008 it didn’t seem like a big deal since we figured Markov could create a new All-Star player but not having that offensive defensemen hurt us for years and we had a endless carousel of players trying to replace his production.

One of my favorite goals of all-time against the Dirty Bruins.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
8-5 and Theodore in for all 8. We lit his ass up and he ended up being a complete dud in Denver before kind of bouncing back as an alright journeyman for the rest of his career.

Though, to be honest, Theodore was in an awful place at that time in his life.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Giving some love to Mark Streit since I feel he never got his fair share of respect for that 2007-2008 season.

I remember letting him walk away in 2008 didn’t seem like a big deal since we figured Markov could create a new All-Star player but not having that offensive defensemen hurt us for years and we had a endless carousel of players trying to replace his production.

Was it that season he was used as a forward? Can’t remember.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
The buzz around this franchise towards the end of the 2000’s was unreal. I was convinced we were winning the Stanley Cup back in 2008-2009 when we added Tanguay and Lang to our team. Everything was going exactly according to plan until all hell broke lose in December

I still don’t understand what happened to that team.
Barber shop jerseys

Reactions: OnceWasNot and the

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Sheldon Souray was an absolute beast during the 2006-07 season.

Almost every single PP with Souray on the point felt like a legitimate guaranteed goal that year. We won many games because of our PP.

Man, it feels like it has been so long since we even had a mediocre powerplay, let alone an actual strong one. Far cry from those days anyways..

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

Huet making a blue line save lol, not nearly as talented as Price but he was pretty good for us and made some spectacular saves during his short stint here.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Who remembers when Michel Therrien sent out winger Bill Lindsay to take a faceoff in playoff OT over faceoff king Yanic Perreault? He lost the draw and the Canes immediately scored off the faceoff to tie the series at 2. :help::help::help:
While Yannik Perrault sat on the bench............Therrien was such an idiot...then, and years later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad