Post-Game Talk: #2 | Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | October 15, 2022 | 4pm | NBCSP / SNP

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
People can enjoy whatever they want, so long as we're all realistic and realize the indisputable fact that overall they've sucked as a team.
Just happy to see the kids playing. It’s what we need to improve Not four years of a plug.

tell where I'm wrong .....

2 wins are.....well, 2 WINS 😉

have enjoyed both games AND their effort
The first game was ugly While ugly wins are still wins. They tend to not be sustainable

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
TK, Frost, Allison, and Laczynski have been enjoyable to watch.

Outside of that it's pretty grim.
Or even talking about whose been good. Just need them playing. Example cates is getting great experience can only help him as he grows as a player. Same with frost. Though I’d like to see him get more consistent line mates. Really want to see him and farabee play together.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Oh, and perfect timing for the shameless shill to (intentionally?) not understand the point people are making by pointing out that they didn't deserve to win. :laugh: He's such a cockroach.

Point is, getting all excited and taking victory laps after fluke wins where they played awful just makes people look foolish.

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about baseball and the Dodgers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost needs to be demoted to 3C, he's overmatched in the top 6, and Cates isn't really a center unless it's 4C.
Frost has been Frost, he has had flashes, but hasn't played well overall.

But that's what this season is all about, young players going through growing pains, but you can also see why you want a core of veterans in a rebuild, you don't want young players overmatched night after night. They need to be put in situations where they can succeed, build confidence and gain experience.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Frost needs to be demoted to 3C, he's overmatched in the top 6, and Cates isn't really a center unless it's 4C.
Frost has been Frost, he has had flashes, but hasn't played well overall.

But that's what this season is all about, young players going through growing pains, but you can also see why you want a core of veterans in a rebuild, you don't want young players overmatched night after night. They need to be put in situations where they can succeed, build confidence and gain experience.
Go look at ice times This statement makes zero sense and makes you look stupid and uninformed

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Go look at ice times This statement makes zero sense and makes you look stupid and uninformed
Yep.

Cates is getting more 5v5 icetime and is with wingers the team believes are better than Frosts wingers. He's the 2C and Frost is the 3C.

It's even worse when you look at overall time. Cates is averaging 19:36 and Frost is averaging 15:01.

Clearly the team mistakenly believes Cates is the better player, in spite of everything we're seeing on the ice. Frost has been good but obviously the team isn't run on merit.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
Provy has been playing well, better than the last two years and TA is helping the PP. We know that is his specialty.
Some people just do not want to admit that.
They just take the stats and go with it when I know what the eye test is showing.
I know they will not make the playoffs this year but anything encouraging for the years to come is what I would like to see.
Hopefully Fletcher gone and a move in the right direction.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The team is playing immensely better without the puck. It’s a significant step forward (so far) & that’s exactly what I think we should want out of this season — signs of improvement.

Some people here are desperate to cling to the negatives.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The team is playing immensely better without the puck. It’s a significant step forward (so far) & that’s exactly what I think we should want out of this season — signs of improvement.

Some people here are desperate to cling to the negatives.

Pointing out obvious still-existing problems isn't desperation. It's simple observation of what's happening.

Some people here are desperate to ignore anything bad. Unless they think they can pin it on their favorite scapegoats.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I want to see more of Lycksell. He didn't have a good game (first ever game who cares), took a bad penalty, but he actually looks to have an NHL skill-set. He flubbed one really good scoring chance, receiving a Frost (?) pass, that I imagine he normally makes. Say what you want, but he worked hard along the walls, and the staff eats that up. What a shame that every depth prospect for 4 years has to be handcuffed to the last existing Homo habilis.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
5x5
Cates 24:15, xGF% 43.90%, Farabee 20:06, Allison 16:42
Frost 23:07, xGF% 37.30%, JVR 17:57, Laczynski 13:37

Cates and Frost are interchangeable, and playing with a similar level of talent on their lines.
Neither belongs in the top 6 right now.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
moving-goalpost.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Provy has been playing well, better than the last two years and TA is helping the PP. We know that is his specialty.
Some people just do not want to admit that.
They just take the stats and go with it when I know what the eye test is showing.
I know they will not make the playoffs this year but anything encouraging for the years to come is what I would like to see.
Hopefully Fletcher gone and a move in the right direction.
If anyones eye test is disagreeing with those stats then that eye test needs some work :laugh:

No stats needed to know the team looks awful.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
If anyones eye test is disagreeing with those stats then that eye test needs some work :laugh:

No stats needed to know the team looks awful.
I didn't say that they were playing well. said certain players are playing better.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I didn't say that they were playing well. said certain players are playing better.
So then why even mention the stats? All they were showing is that the team overall was playing like shit.

Nobody said certain individual players weren't playing better.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
The eye test showed me they played better this game then the first game as I stayed earlier but still have a lot to improve on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad