Proposal: 2 Toronto trades

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
I guess you don't know who Kadri is. 2 declining assets with for Kadri and we add.

It's good you are happy with them but this value favors the Hawks.

I know who kadri is he’s good middle six center.

If saad (who is two years younger) is declining so is kadri.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
I know who kadri is he’s good middle six center.

If saad (who is two years younger) is declining so is kadri.

Bracco is not all that different than say perlini/Barrett/sikura/kurashev

Hell, even someone like Hayden/hagel/Fortin

And again zaitsev is overpaid four at best. The hawks have a littany of current 2nd/3rd pair dmen along with eating a space for a guy like Mitchell/boqvist.

Again outside of kadri it’s a bad trade for the hawks

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Braaco is an average prospect and Zaitsev is a cap dump. Thes players would nothold any value at all to gm’s. Wuite the opposite actually.

No one ever said that Bracco was Marner but he has a good skillset for the NHL and is producing in the AHL.

Zaitsev isn't a cap dump, sure he isn't sexy in his style of play but he can play 20+ MPG of heavy lifting ES and PK minutes and do pretty well out there.

Would act as a good buffer for a couple of the Black Hawk offensive D prospects.

What do you think that a package of Saad and Keith should bring back from the Leafs out of curiosity?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No one ever said that Bracco was Marner but he has a good skillset for the NHL and is producing in the AHL.

Zaitsev isn't a cap dump, sure he isn't sexy in his style of play but he can play 20+ MPG of heavy lifting ES and PK minutes and do pretty well out there.

Would act as a good buffer for a couple of the Black Hawk offensive D prospects.

What do you think that a package of Saad and Keith should bring back from the Leafs out of curiosity?

No one would take Zaitsev for free unless a sweetner was added. Bracco is not bearly enough of a sweetner to increase Zaitsev to neutral value. You have to understand from the other side - no one wants overpaid players. (Except maybe Chia)

Reactions: Snowman

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
He wouldn’t be ahead of toews and he’s probably not playing over strome.
We'll if you guys want to lose that makes sense.

Probably makes more sense that you are championing an extreme irrational opinion.

No one in the right mind puts a 30 goal 2 way C behind Strome.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017

Probably makes more sense that you are championing an extreme irrational opinion.

No one in the right mind puts a 30 goal 3 way C behind Strom.

So you would take Seabrook for Lljegren/sandin?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
No one would take Zaitsev for free unless a sweetner was added.

Well you really lost me here as guys who can play 20+ MPG at Even strength and PK with 45% offensive zone starts and hold their own don't grow on trees.

Bracco is not bearly enough of a sweetner to increase Zaitsev to neutral value. You have to understand from the other side - no one wants overpaid players. (Except maybe Chia)

Ironic as Keith is going to look overpaid very soon on that contract of his. I love Keith and he is a HHOF player but he is 35 and his contract isn't going to look very good in the next couple of years.

Saad already is in his second year of not living up to his 6 million cap hit as well.

I'll ask again what would Keith and Saad bring back in a trade from the Leafs in your opinion?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Well you really lost me here as guys who can play 20+ MPG at Even strength and PK with 45% offensive zone starts and hold their own don't grow on trees.

Ironic as Keith is going to look overpaid very soon on that contract of his. I love Keith and he is a HHOF player but he is 35 and his contract isn't going to look very good in the next couple of years.

Saad already is in his second year of not living up to his 6 million cap hit as well.

I'll ask again what would Keith and Saad bring back in a trade from the Leafs in your opinion?

Keith / Saad probably won’t bring back much due to their cap.

Zaitsev had negative value. No GM would have interest in this overpaid underwhelming dman. Leafs are stuck with him and overplaying him shows how weak the Leafs d situation is.

These are true statements.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

No one in the right mind puts a 30 goal 2 way C behind Strome.

A SC contending team might in a 2a 2b type of situation.

Strome's skillset does lend itself to having him on the PP ahead of Kadri.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Keith / Saad probably won’t bring back much due to their cap.

Zaitsev had negative value. No GM would have interest in this overpaid underwhelming dman. Leafs are stuck with him and overplaying him shows how weak the Leafs d situation is.

These are true statements.

Actually those are opinions, I backed mine up with actual stats and paying time and I have watched on occasion.

To say that no GM would want him is ludicrous.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Actually those are opinions, I backed mine up with actual stats and paying time and I have watched on occasion.

To say that no GM would want him is ludicrous.
Post a Zaitsev trade thread, where you expect to get positive value, in the trade forum and lets see what the feedback is. Put up or shut up. ;)

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Post a Zaitsev trade thread, where you expect to get positive value, in the trade forum and lets see what the feedback is. Put up or shut up. ;)

Also ignore that the hawks would be stuck with zaitsev who’s term is longer than keith’s

Again the only positive asset is kadri

A guy who would be our #3 center 5 x5

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Also ignore that the hawks would be stuck with zaitsev who’s term is longer than keith’s

Seems like you agree that Zaitsev is negative value....

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Are you for real?

How about answering my question on what you think Saad and Keith would bring back in a trade with the Leafs?

As for your question we all know how non Leaf fans pile onto anything Leaf related and Some Leafs fans are the counterpoint in unrealistic expectations.

I'm not a Leaf fan and gave my opinion on Zaitsev and provided some information other than just an opinion.

Perhaps you can answer the Keith/Saad question?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Are you for real?

How about answering my question on what you think Saad and Keith would bring back in a trade with the Leafs?

As for your question we all know how non Leaf fans pile onto anything Leaf related and Some Leafs fans are the counterpoint in unrealistic expectations.

I'm not a Leaf fan and gave my opinion on Zaitsev and provided some information other than just an opinion.

Perhaps you can answer the Keith/Saad question?
I already answered the question. Are you incapable of reading? Saad/Keith have little to no trade potential due to the cap hit. It won’t happen and is pointless to discuss.

Zaitsev is negative value.

Reactions: Snowman

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Well Keith is 35 right now and Zaitsev is 27.

Zaitsev in fact will be 32 when his contract expires, while Keith will be 39.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I already answered the question. Are you incapable of reading? Saad/Keith have little to no trade potential due to the cap hit. It won’t happen and is pointless to discuss.

Zaitsev is negative value.

Sounds like very few players have much value in the NHL using your examples here then.

We will agree to disagree then.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sounds like very few players have much value in the NHL using your examples here then.

That is a true statement. Many Players once getting high dollar longterm salaries lose value as a result. E.g. Price.

Welcome to the new world order.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Only 1 way to find out....make a Keith with no retentiion thread. Lets see wgat fans of all teans think of his value.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That is a true statement. Many Players once getting high dollar longterm salaries lose value as a result. E.g. Price.

Welcome to the new world order.

A 27 year old defender who can play heavy 20+ MPG and is a decent puck mover having a 4.5 million cap hit until age 32 isn't negative value.

I agree on Price but it's a different position and a much greater cap hit.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad