Proposal: 2 Toronto trades

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Trade 1
To Toronto : Brandon Saad + Duncan Keith
(+ roughly 12 m in cap space)

To Chicago: Nazem Kadri + Jeremy Bracco + Nikita Zaitsev + 2nd in 19+ 4th in 20
(-9 m in cap space)

Chicago doesn’t strike me as the type of team that will tear it down. I’m thinking they retool. Kadri can come in and take over the 2nd line center spot and push Animisov to 3c (adding depth).
Bracco currently is a PPG (in the AHL) player that deserves a chance to make it into a top nine, but the way it’s going in Toronto it won’t happen anytime soon. He stands a better chance in Chicago.
Zaitsev is a solid defensive dman, he limits his mistakes, but is unspectacular on the offensive side of things. Honestly, IMO he’s probably overpaid by 1.5m. He needs to be in the deal due to the length of his contract. (Similar to the length of Keith’s contract)
Toronto also throws in a 2nd and 4th to add to the above value.

Trade 2
To Toronto: Radko Gudas
(+ 3.35 m)

To Philadelphia: Justin Holl + 3rd in 20 + 4th in 19
(-675,000)

With Gudas having another year remaining on his contract, Philly really doesn’t have to deal him, but he may not have a higher value than now (with there being a year remaining on his contract). Gudas on most teams is most likely a bottom pairing dman and on Toronto that would still be the case. What he does bring to the table for Toronto is his grit and toughness. Something the Leafs lack on the backend.
Philly could get a spot holder in Holl (Rhd) and decent draft picks (3rd + 4th). A good return for a bottom pairing dman. Typically they go for a lot less.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
If we are trading meaningful or even picks I would rather go after somebody who will be a top pairing guy or lower pairing who has upside is young. Getting a mid 30 D man who has tons of miles on him is not improving our team IMO

Bobby Terrance

Jul 21, 2018
Lol, so we're worried about our future cap right? Screw it let's take on 10 million in a d-man, who of course is great, but slightly past it, a LW who does nothing for us, and an okay not great d-man, who, by the way, will not work in our system whilst giving up naz. No thanks to either. It helps today. Our best players are 20. We build around that.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Saad’s making 6 million though and not producing a ton. People complain enough about Marleau.
Saad is in the similar age bracket. He makes 6mil for 2 more years after this but we are also jettisoning Kadri’s contract and Zaitsev’s contract. Saad could potentially play alongside Matthews. He’s also considered responsible defensively.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Saad is in the similar age bracket. He makes 6mil for 2 more years after this but we are also jettisoning Kadri’s contract and Zaitsev’s contract. Saad could potentially play alongside Matthews. He’s also considered responsible defensively.

Fair enough but the 3rd line centre position would then be a whole. I’m alrighg with Gudas, team could use more toughness in general.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
No from chicago's side. Like Kadri a lot. Braaco putting up some nice numbers in the ahl. The main part is I have no interest in taking back Zaitsev.
I understand the salaries need to be evened out and he's not a bad player.
Any interest in working something around saad or Keith individually with the hawks taking back hortons deal and draft picks?

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Gonna have to pony up a bit more than a AHL defenceman, 3rd and 4th to get that "bottom pairing dman".

I don't see Philly moving him for less than a 2nd round pick.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Gonna have to pony up a bit more than a AHL defenceman, 3rd and 4th to get that "bottom pairing dman".

I don't see Philly moving him for less than a 2nd round pick.
Flyers can get a 2nd rounder for Gudas next year if they want to trade him. This year, being a non-rental, he gets more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad