Proposal: 2 Toronto Deals

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Way too much value from Minnesota for just Nylander and a cap dump. They are giving up a top 6 winger, a top pairing defenseman, and their top prospect. There is no way they go for this.

The Philly one is also light on value, they pretty underwhelming for a team to deal away a top 4 RHD and one of their goalies who has the potential to pull it together and do great.

When proposing trades with your own team, ask yourself, would I consider this a win for the leafs (aka would you be happy if the trade happened in real life). If so, you need to give up more value. That'd be the 1st step to handing out more fair offers.

Who's this top-6 winger? Sure as hell not Neiderreiter at less than 0.5 ppg this year and throughout his career. I also don't see playoff success with a "top pairing" man that is only 5'9" when on his tip-toes. Finally, there is this guy named Kaprizov who rates as Minnesota's top prospect. But hey, why rely on facts when spewing bs.

Gudas is having a good season - for his standards - but he's only a top-4 due to positional limitations of having to be superior to such studs as Folin and MacDonald. Not sure he supplants either of Hainsey or Zaitsev so what's the point of this deal? To improve the bottom pairing? Why?

In the past, whenever offers were put forward by Leafs fan in past seasons centred around JVR or Bozak - both of which were top line players in Toronto - the HF argument was that they were not top line players elsewhere. Guess what? No player in the OP's original offers are top line players on a true contender. Not even Nylander but at least he has the skill to potential get to that level one day.

Reactions: TML1990

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
tumblr_mynngltjt21qfdcszo1_250.gif

That's fine if that's what you value him at. The knowledgeable people value him more. Your offer is poo.
Oye. Dear lord give me strength.
You’re a wonderful human being I’m sure.
:)

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Regardless...it was rumoured Dubas turned it down. My understanding it was because of age, maybe you heard it was contract length.

pietrangelo was never offered for Nylander. It’s been proven time and time again it never happened. Using that to determine the value of nylander is pointless.

Reactions: Troy and Snowman

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Who's this top-6 winger? Sure as hell not Neiderreiter at less than 0.5 ppg this year and throughout his career. I also don't see playoff success with a "top pairing" man that is only 5'9" when on his tip-toes. Finally, there is this guy named Kaprizov who rates as Minnesota's top prospect. But hey, why rely on facts when spewing bs.

Gudas is having a good season - for his standards - but he's only a top-4 due to positional limitations of having to be superior to such studs as Folin and MacDonald. Not sure he supplants either of Hainsey or Zaitsev so what's the point of this deal? To improve the bottom pairing? Why?

In the past, whenever offers were put forward by Leafs fan in past seasons centred around JVR or Bozak - both of which were top line players in Toronto - the HF argument was that they were not top line players elsewhere. Guess what? No player in the OP's original offers are top line players on a true contender. Not even Nylander but at least he has the skill to potential get to that level one day.
I’m just going off what Minny fans say, so don’t tell them how to judge their own team.

Nino is a top 6 guy to them, Spurgeon is a #2 dman, his height has nothing to do with it. As for their top prospect, yes it would be Kaprizov talent wise, but he isn’t a guarantee at this point, where as Greenway is in the system and is for certain going to play for the team.

So stop trying to demean other teams players to justify your bad proposal.

Also Bozak really? Guy isn’t even close to top line. He is bad defensive 3C. And JVR is soft as baby shit, historically hadn’t produced at a top line level (even if he was that season) and didn’t have term left on his contract. Don’t cry because people didn’t want to give up value for him.

Reactions: Snowman

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Nice deflection. So you don’t have any sources to back up your claim, got it.
I literally laughed out loud. Thank you for that.
So it’s a deflection if I don’t show you my proof. But not if you can’t provide that same proof?!? You are hilarious. Well done HF boards poster, well done. Hahaha

Reactions: TML1990

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
I literally laughed out loud. Thank you for that.
So it’s a deflection if I don’t show you my proof. But not if you can’t provide that same proof?!? You are hilarious. Well done HF boards poster, well done. Hahaha

You are the one making the claim, the job to prove it falls on your shoulders not mine. Go read Friedman’s 31 thoughts about it and you’ll see for yourself that it is just speculation. That’s all the proof I need.

If Pietranglo was offered for Nylander it would be major news. Don’t you agree?

Did you hear Nylander was offered for Spurgeon but the Wild turned it down? Prove it wrong or else it’s true.

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
You are the one making a baseless claim without providing proof. Go read Friedman’s 31 thoughts about it and you’ll see for yourself that it is just speculation. That’s all the proof I needed to provide yet you continue to ignore that.

Did you hear Nylander was offered for Spurgeon but the Wild turned it down? Prove it wrong or else it’s true.
That's what I heard.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
You are the one making the claim, the job to prove it falls on your shoulders not mine. Go read Friedman’s 31 thoughts about it and you’ll see for yourself that it is just speculation. That’s all the proof I need.

If Pietranglo was offered for Nylander it would be major news. Don’t you agree?

Lol.
Classic deflection.
Bravo ;)

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Lol.
Classic deflection.
Bravo ;)

Sigh, can we have an actually conversation please.

I will ask again, if Pietranlgo was offered for Nylander don’t you think it would make headlines?

Friedman: - Leafs an unlikely fit for Pietrangelo

This isn’t the first time this topic has been addressed on HFboards before, it is what it is. Friedman speculating. I see you made an appearance in that thread, is this where you heard the rumor?

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nylander is vastly overrated. I'd be pretty disappointed if this Minnesota deal happened. A nothing prospect and a cap dump doesn't do anything for us.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
I actually like both of these deals both all 3 teams.
But I think the Philly one is not likely to happen.
I don't see Philly doing a scorched earth type rebuild, and they will need Gudas.

Everyone crapping all over the Minny deal isn't only looking at Nylander for what he's done the last dozen or so games, and that is unfair. He is an elite winger and will be the best player in the deal now and forever, but the leafs need to reallocate some cap so I would do it.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
First one is a no go since Nylander isn't going to be traded.

Second one doesn't make any sense. No idea why we'd trade assets for another goalie only to lose a goalie to waivers.

So, nope.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I actually like both of these deals both all 3 teams.
But I think the Philly one is not likely to happen.
I don't see Philly doing a scorched earth type rebuild, and they will need Gudas.

Everyone crapping all over the Minny deal isn't only looking at Nylander for what he's done the last dozen or so games, and that is unfair. He is an elite winger and will be the best player in the deal now and forever, but the leafs need to reallocate some cap so I would do it.

But an first line winger doesn’t bring back a top pairing RHD, a solid top 9 player and a good prospect who’s just starting his NHL career, especially with the added long-term cap dump in Zaitsev.

That’s just insane.

It’s like Montreal asking for Fowler, Mahura and Cogliano for let’s say Domi, Alzner and McCarron

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Ummm, not sure if your serious. Did you not comprehend my reasoning? Nylander is 7 years younger. That’s huge. Rumour has it Toronto turned down Pietrangelo for Nylander because of the age difference. And Pietrangelo is way better than Spurgeon.
You have a link for that rumour?

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
nylander isnt going anywhere unless dubas is fired
You keep believing that. If it came down to trading Nylander to improving the team or holding onto him because Nylander believes Dubas said he wouldn’t be traded I would expect Dubas to get fired for not improving the team. It may not be this year or next but if Dubas feels he can improve the team by trading him he will.

Reactions: TML1990 and Snowman

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Makes sense I guess. Lol

I mean, that topic has been covered on this board before. It stems from Friedman speculating, he clearly states in his article it’s his guess. There isn’t any one else that has reported on the topic. Dubas never turned it down because the deal was never offered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad