NYC
1)Nylander + Bracco + Zaitsev

For

Niederraiter + Greenway + Spurgeon

2)Timashov + Holl + 2nd + 4th

For

Gudas + Elliott

Thoughts...

I actually like the Wild one, value seems right considering Nyl is set and signed. Don’t know enough about Greenway though, if he’s pretty solid that may make me sway to the leafs having the edge on this one.

As for your second offer I don’t know enough about Timashov and Holl to comment

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
With the way the leafs are trending we’re going to need to keep our young forwards like Timashov and Bracco to play them while they’re still cheap. A lot of money is tied up front and having players like them are crucial when cap strapped

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Way too much value from Minnesota for just Nylander and a cap dump. They are giving up a top 6 winger, a top pairing defenseman, and their top prospect. There is no way they go for this.

The Philly one is also light on value, they pretty underwhelming for a team to deal away a top 4 RHD and one of their goalies who has the potential to pull it together and do great.

When proposing trades with your own team, ask yourself, would I consider this a win for the leafs (aka would you be happy if the trade happened in real life). If so, you need to give up more value. That'd be the 1st step to handing out more fair offers.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
That’s fine value for Gudas, but this is a trade the flyers can’t do.

Already weak at D, especially RHD and Gudas is having a good year. Elliot, albeit injured, adds a lot of depth when he returns.

The reason for no isn’t value based... that’s fine. Just the fact that our next RHD becomes Folin because they won’t call up Myers.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not interested in the Minnesota one. Nylander's the only appealing part of that package for us, and he's not that appealing.

I'm inclined to keep Spurgeon unless we get a center back, and I'm not sure how well Nylander would work there. I'm not at all interested in trading Greenway, who's panning out as a pretty unique player and has been improving all year. Realistically I suspect Nino could be had for less than I'd want for him personally, but not in a deal like this.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Terrible value for any team not named Toronto. A classic case of the over valuing of your own players and prospects while under valuing the other teams players and prospects.

Reactions: Morrison and MNRube

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Even if the Minni likes Nylander, Greenway has to stay. It weakens Minni this year (with the way Nylander is playing) and Minni still has playoff hopes. So I think Minni says no.
Believe the Flyers would like an NHLer or probable in return. Certainly not Timashov. They might just one good prospect. Such as Moore and a 2nd or Grundstrom.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Pretty bad for Minnesota.
How so?
They get the best player available. They also get a B level prospect having a great season in the AHL. They also get a competent albeit unspectacular RHD in return.

Leafs get a player Minnesota fans continue to crap on (Nino). Leafs get the dman they need that only has 1.5 years of guaranteed control. They also get a top prospect (Greenway) as Spurgeon is not locked up and 7 years older than Nylander.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
How so?
They get the best player available. They also get a B level prospect having a great season in the AHL. They also get a competent albeit unspectacular RHD in return.

Leafs get a player Minnesota fans continue to crap on (Nino). Leafs get the dman they need that only has 1.5 years of guaranteed control. They also get a top prospect (Greenway) as Spurgeon is not locked up and 7 years older than Nylander.

Because to be fair I feel like Nylander for Spurgeon is pretty fair albeit a bit unlikely due to term. Still fair nonetheless. Zaitsev contract is rough, Nino is still an effective 2nd liner. A comparison of Greenway and Bracco shouldn’t be made. I think a large majority of teams would rather have Greenway by a decent margin. Although I could see a preference of Bracco if a team is intent on getting smaller and faster.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
How so?

Spurgeon's better than Nylander right now. What Nylander's got on him is age, upside, and term on his contract (which isn't exactly cheap).

Zaitsev makes way too much (for way too long) for what he brings, and we've got much cheaper RD options available internally. None of them hold a candle to Spurgeon, but they also don't take up $4.5m in cap space for 5 more years.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
How so?

Drop Greenway and Bracco and it is fair

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Nylander >>> Spurgeon

Mainly due to age, term and potential.

Nylander is in elite company with his first 2 seasons.

Minnesota needs a player like Nylander (young superstar). Having him up front at his age, Dumba on your backend and Dubnyk in net, that’s a solid core.

Reactions: TML1990

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Drop Greenway and Bracco and it is fair
Greenway is needed as the age difference between Nylander and Spurgeon is 7 years. Not to mention, Minnesota is getting 6.5 years of control of Nylander and Toronto is only getting 1.5 years of guaranteed control of Spurgeon.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
You are kidding, right?
Ummm, not sure if your serious. Did you not comprehend my reasoning? Nylander is 7 years younger. That’s huge. Rumour has it Toronto turned down Pietrangelo for Nylander because of the age difference. And Pietrangelo is way better than Spurgeon.

Reactions: TML1990

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ummm, not sure if your serious. Did you not comprehend my reasoning? Nylander is 7 years younger. That’s huge. Rumour has it Toronto turned down Pietrangelo for Nylander because of the age difference. And Pietrangelo is way better than Spurgeon.
proof?

Show the proof where it was for age....and not due to contract length of Pie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad