Post-Game Talk: 2 points closer to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Pens responded EVERY TIME. even after two sure goals from Malkin and Smith were missed, they still were not denied. Incredible.

Unfortunate thing is Caps/Wings still have a game in hand on the Pens and would both be ahead of them if they won that game in hand. Gonna need help tomorrow too.

Be nice if Preds came back though
Doesn't matter. We control our own destiny. Just keep winning.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
One thing I forgot to mention: the building was f***ing ELECTRIC aafter the final buzzer went yesterday. Seriously, that was a playoff crowd and if the team must be feeding off that down the stretch.

It sounded deafening in there, like everyone knew that was a massively ballsy 2 points. Was anyone there live? I was just going off how loud it sounded on the broadcast

Pens responded EVERY TIME. even after two sure goals from Malkin and Smith were missed, they still were not denied. Incredible.
That’s a really excellent point. Geno hit the post with a yawning goal and I thought “oh shit, they’re snakebitten”. Then there was that close in Smith chance, and I feel like before the goal there was another scramble where Vasi bailed TBL about.

When the goal was actually scored, I dare say it made me think of Game 6 in 2016 against the Caps. Blew a huge lead, but still came at them in waves until a goal went in

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Bunting is bringing that Hornqvist swagger right now. Great fit.

Sidney Crosby is playing the best hockey in the NHL right now. His play away from the puck is truly exceptional and when the tough get going the captain was throwing his weight around.

Kudos to the crowd yesterday also. That building was bumping from start to finish.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
First off neds rebound control is worlds better. Secondly they don't have the same confidence in him. Those two things alone gets your d scrambling. Third less of an issue for pros but jarry doesn't strike me as a good team guy.
Nah brah. I was just making a joke. Marc Andre Fleury fans would have the same excuse when the "backup" played better

Reactions: vikingGoalie

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I was wrong about Bunting sucking.

Bunting the individual player isn't anything to write home about. But he's the antidote for super skilled guys like Sid and Geno. If you put him on the 3rd line, he's going to do nothing and he's a $4M black hole

Add another Bunting in the offseason and we're cooking with gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad