News Article: 2-hour show of Under Review with HFNYR's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'll be honest: I did not expect this many positive responses. My podcast is still relatively new (We started 6 weeks ago) and on average we have 500-800 plays per episode. I was hesitant to create a separate thread because the discussion leading up to this was deleted for some reason.

Anyway, I am really happy everyone loved the episode.

I will reiterate what I said earlier, it was great not only because @Edge provided so much insight, but also because you and @GregSirico asked the right questions.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Great listen. Hard to come by insightful, entertaining and engaging material in this format that didn't rely on some tiresome fake "shocking" shtick!

To that end, I want @bernmeister next as a guest!

Lmao yes!

This would be even better than RB.
Make it happen guys.

Thanks for the invite(s).
While I am fully entertaining enough, I doubt I would make a better guest than RB, as RangerBoy is on every measure of merit, possibly our most esteemed poster. However, I do believe I have something constructive to possibly add.

I conditionally accept an invite to talk Rangers on whatever podcast/broadcast thing you guys are setting up. The key is to fit it around what is going on in the real world. Some things I can juggle, some I can't.

Pls pm -- 'converse' me with details. The more notice you give, the better chance I can accommodate your request sooner than later. Next wed is out.

best,
@bernmeister

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The part I was probably most surprised by legitimately was Edge’s comment about the Rangers being aggressive with Trouba and having such a high probability that Buchnevich may be part of a deal. Surprised on both counts

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
next show bernmeister and rangerboy on together...

While I will not rise to the level of George Harrison to RB's Clapton, I will give it my best shot and the old college try.

Although we have our differences, RB and I have some common bases for agreement as well, including push to get younger, faster, cheaper, operate more efficiently.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I’d legitimately love to hear more from RB if he would do it. The guy seems to be an encyclopedia and I’d love to get his backstory and views. His research on topics is some of the best I’ve ever seen and I’m sure this is just what he does in his spare time. What the heck does his actual work look like if he’s this detailed on here!? I want/need to know more.

That and he’s, IMO, one of the more esteemed posters on here.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
The part I was probably most surprised by legitimately was Edge’s comment about the Rangers being aggressive with Trouba and having such a high probability that Buchnevich may be part of a deal. Surprised on both counts
Going after Trouba didn't surprise me as even GOAT Bob confirmed we'd be in on him. I agree 100% about Buch though. I didn't suspect the possibility of him being moved was that high.

Reactions: belford222

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I'll be honest: I did not expect this many positive responses. My podcast is still relatively new (We started 6 weeks ago) and on average we have 500-800 plays per episode. I was hesitant to create a separate thread because the discussion leading up to this was deleted for some reason.

Anyway, I am really happy everyone loved the episode.

Definitely keep this up, man!! Lot to bring to the table!!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think it's been Edge, but plenty of other posters have mentioned that the Jets aren't going to trade Trouba in a futures move. It just doesn't fit their timeline well, which is why some of our already established players like Buch, Skjei, etc., make more sense for them.

When the overall price tag starts showing its true colors, it really makes me wince. We'd be looking at a significant package of our in-prime assets on top of a big extension for him. It's a move that might gut what we've built thus far, IMO. I don't know if we have that much solidified depth that we can start chipping away at our foundation.

I love Trouba as a player, but it just seems like bad timing for us in the 2019-2020 season. If he somehow gets to UFA, by all means, pay the man. But for today, I think they need to be smart and not blow their load here. There are other 22-25 year old assets who can be acquired that won't gut the roster and simultaneously add to what we're building.

Reactions: Riche16 and Trxjw

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I think it's been Edge, but plenty of other posters have mentioned that the Jets aren't going to trade Trouba in a futures move. It just doesn't fit their timeline well, which is why some of our already established players like Buch, Skjei, etc., make more sense for them.

When the overall price tag starts showing its true colors, it really makes me wince. We'd be looking at a significant package of our in-prime assets on top of a big extension for him. It's a move that might gut what we've built thus far, IMO. I don't know if we have that much solidified depth that we can start chipping away at our foundation.

I love Trouba as a player, but it just seems like bad timing for us in the 2019-2020 season. If he somehow gets to UFA, by all means, pay the man. But for today, I think they need to be smart and not blow their load here. There are other 22-25 year old assets who can be acquired that won't gut the roster and simultaneously add to what we're building.
The Trouba extension is going to look terrible when he’s not playing on the PP too. I like him just fine as a player and all, and I realize the need of a real defensive presence on the right side, but I don’t love the idea of paying someone $8m to be just the defensive presence

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Trouba extension is going to look terrible when he’s not playing on the PP too. I like him just fine as a player and all, and I realize the need of a real defensive presence on the right side, but I don’t love the idea of paying someone $8m to be just the defensive presence
Definitely. I'd assume Deangelo would be a part of the trade too, just to clear up a spot, but it still takes away the idea of having Fox as a potential ppqb in the future. Like you said, if he's not getting powerplay time, that price tag is awful.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
in a vacuum, I don't move american buchnevich. I think he is poised to break out. but if he is dealt, it really isn't that surprising. he needs a new contract so we need to decide to bridge him or not, you've likely got kakko and kratsov as hopefully your top 2 RW. so does buch move to LW? is he too expensive to be a 3RW? but more importantly if you want to make a trade for a guy like trouba who else are you moving? they aren't moving top picks at this point and I also don't think they are ready to move any of the kids till its clearer what we have. so then the options become very limited to guys that we have that we are willing to move AND have value to other teams. after skjei, buch is probably your top trade chip

I hope we hold onto him but wouldn't be surprised by it at all

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I dunno. It seems a bit soon to sell on ADA when Fox has yet to play a minute of pro hockey. He and ADA are certainly somewhat similar players but having them both in the mix for a year makes the most sense to me. See if ADA can build on a season where he was trending up and see if Fox can make it out of the gate as a pro. I realize there's the risk of both of them losing value over the course of the year with poor play, but now is the time to take those chances.

Pionk is the odd-man out for me. I still like the kid and think there's upside, just not as much as ADA or Fox. That makes him expendable and like Edge noted on the podcast, I could easily see him as a sweetener in a trade like Raanta was in the Stepan deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad