GDT: #2| FLYERS (H) vs. Penguins (A) | Friday, Jan. 15, 2021| 7:00 pm ET |NHLN, SN, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Hoping Hagg sits and we see Friedman play.

Anyone know how long Gostisbehere will be out for?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Now, now, threatening to hold your breath until he plays Frost only makes AV more stubborn.

I’d like to see them dress Frost, but I don’t realistically see AV sitting any of his forwards to do so.

What I would like though, would be for them to see if they can package Laughton & Hagg for a veteran upgrade on D that is on an expiring contract. But I’m not betting on it.

THIS IS THE WAY.

Use Laughton to improve the D and replace with Frost.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Hayes is about to pot a hat trick because he’s beautiful.

i

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I like more division games and the first 2 rounds being within the division. The hatred is soothing.

If it were up to me, the NHL would go into 21-22 with four 8 team divisions and the schedule would be:

6 vs division opponents 42 games
2 vs two other divisions 32 games
1 vs the remaining division 8 games

Playoffs would be 1-4 & 2-3 in the division with the winners playing the 2nd round for the division final

The final 4 would be seeded by points and play 1-4, 2-3 in the semis with the winners advancing to the SCF

And finally, here are Commissioner BiggE’s divisions

CAN/AM
Calgary, Edmonton, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa, Montreal

ATLANTIC
Boston, NYR, NYI, Jersey, Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington, Carolina

CENTRAL
Florida, Tampa, Nashville, Dallas, St Louis, Columbus, Detroit, Chicago

PACIFIC
Seattle, Vancouver, San Jose, LA, Anaheim, Arizona, Vegas, Colorado

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Let's Go Flyers!

Strongest team we've had since 2010. Need to figure out whether Braun is the right guy next to Provorov. Would love for a Ghost resurgence, it sucks that he had a covid setback. Gus had some mishaps defensively but getting us 2 goals from the point early makes up for those that game. Hopefully he tightens up while still being able to provide some good shots on net from the point.

Farabee breaking out? Over/Under 50 points this year? I'm feeling the over if Giroux-Hayes-Farabee keeps clicking

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Let's Go Flyers!

Strongest team we've had since 2010. Need to figure out whether Braun is the right guy next to Provorov. Would love for a Ghost resurgence, it sucks that he had a covid setback. Gus had some mishaps defensively but getting us 2 goals from the point early makes up for those that game. Hopefully he tightens up while still being able to provide some good shots on net from the point.

Farabee breaking out? Over/Under 50 points this year? I'm feeling the over if Giroux-Hayes-Farabee keeps clicking
Nothing to figure out, Braun is wrong. Braun and Hagg are always the wrong answers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Here's a heretical thought, maybe between Yeo and Gus, Hagg can be a solid 3rd pair D-man this year.
His problem isn't physical skills (average skater, good size, good offensive skills) but the mental part, chases hits, gets caught out of position, not good at outlet passes, etc.

Yeo seemed to have calmed him down last year, but the pairing with Braun was less than optimal.
Watching him with Gus (who he practiced with in Sweden), Hagg was getting rid of the puck quickly and I didn't see him wandering off as much. And Gus is a gambler who needs a conservative D-man to CYA for him.

Just something to watch the next few games.

Reactions: Flyers1987

Flyers1987

Apr 23, 2017
Let's Go Flyers!

I think Braun at this stage of career is a step slow. Don't think he is the answer. But good to have for depth. I like the element Gus brings to team. I'll sacrifice the defense for that offense. Sees the open ice very well and outlets to forwards were impressive. Defenseman are so hard to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad