GDT: #2| FLYERS (H) vs. Penguins (A) | Friday, Jan. 15, 2021| 7:00 pm ET |NHLN, SN, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
We want Frost
We want Frost
We want Frost
We want Frost
We want Frost
Now, now, threatening to hold your breath until he plays Frost only makes AV more stubborn.

I’d like to see them dress Frost, but I don’t realistically see AV sitting any of his forwards to do so.

What I would like though, would be for them to see if they can package Laughton & Hagg for a veteran upgrade on D that is on an expiring contract. But I’m not betting on it.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Agreed. This type of schedule is also a wonderful breeding ground for seething hatred and unbridled aggression. I approve!

Can you imagine what it’s going to be like after playing a team 8 times with high frequency and then go on to a playoff series against that same team!?

Reactions: BiggE

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We all want Frost, I assume, but instead of who and where? NAK-Laughton-Raffl is a REALLY good fourth line and I don't want either of them coming out.
Giroux-Couturier-TK
Lindblom-Frost-Farabee
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Laughton-Hayes-NAK

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
We all want Frost, I assume, but instead of who and where? NAK-Laughton-Raffl is a REALLY good fourth line and I don't want either of them coming out.

Aside from subbing in when someone is banged up, my guess is Frost will probably see some time as 3LW when JVR hits the invisibility switch.

Frost/Patrick/Voracek could be fun to watch.

Reactions: BiggE

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Can you imagine what it’s going to be like after playing a team 8 times with high frequency and then go on to a playoff series against that same team!?

And then facing off against teams you haven't faced all year. Kinda makes it exciting because we'll have no clue how they match up in reality.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
upload_2021-1-15_9-35-47.jpeg

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I’m gonna be honest, if this was the normal schedule I’d hate it - I get why they are doing it, I’d have done the same if in charge, but the best thing the NHL did was drop the divisional matchups from 8x to 6x, and then now it is 4x typically right?

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
May have to wait for the inevitable injury. Raffl in particular seems to have a lengthy injury every season.

Reactions: Tripod

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
I’m gonna be honest, if this was the normal schedule I’d hate it - I get why they are doing it, I’d have done the same if in charge, but the best thing the NHL did was drop the divisional matchups from 8x to 6x, and then now it is 4x typically right?

I like playing every team twice to kind of keep tabs on them as I don't watch a lot of other hockey games these days TBH.

I hate the divisional playoffs where you always end up playing the same teams. Conference playoffs 1-8 were much better and gave you a larger pool of potential 'rivals' that you had testy playoff series with. Looking back on the time I was a fan there were some great series with the Toronto, Buffalo and all that you don't have now unless you advance far enough. Much rather have that than playing the same handful of teams every year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They are not going to put in Frost in an away game at C when Pitt has Sid and Shrek to go after him.

I want frost to play...and he will with all the uncertainties this year. if our "worst" forward we dress this year is Raffl, we will be quite happy.

Let's just beat these assholes and start to get into their heads.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Killer whales are at the pinnacle of the ocean food chain. They are a matriarchal society. The daughters usually stick around momma for long periods of time until able to form their own pod. Killer whale females are one of few mammals that live beyond producing babies. A few go beyond 100 years old. As far as taking on great whites....as soon as they hear or smell an orca they run. There are a few vids of great whites vs orcas. Orcas have learned to turn them over and then rip them apart. Unfortunately in the Pacific Northwest, they are the decline due to population, pollution, and decline of salmon. However the arctic and deepwater orcas seem to be doing fairly well. I have seen a few off Cape May in 60 years.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They are not going to put in Frost in an away game at C when Pitt has Sid and Shrek to go after him.

I want frost to play...and he will with all the uncertainties this year. if our "worst" forward we dress this year is Raffl, we will be quite happy.

Let's just beat these assholes and start to get into their heads.
They’re home.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just want to point out that the players with the best xGF% our first game:
Hayes 73.57%
Farabee 73.17%
Hagg 68.62%

The three worst:
Voracek 23.65%
JVR 23.48%
Patrick 21.19%