Post-Game Talk: #2: FLYERS 4 vs. Devils 0, Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
The Devils have conceded 16 goals in their first 3 games.
I thought Schnieder played pretty well. Second game in a row i came away thinking we easily could've scored 8. Devils have a lot of skill but its a team game and overthinking, hesistancy and not being on the same page will almost always lose out.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Agreed on all counts. Voracek has been dreck, but the overall team is playing an awesome style so far.

They ran that fancy NJ team into the ground. Can't believe all of those skill guys on NJ weren't able to play keep-away against a bigger, stronger, more defensively responsible team. News flash: much of the game is played on the boards.
Always on the boards unless teams take a night off. Playoffs are worse.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When Hakstol was still there, I always wrote that apart from coaching issues it all starts with goaltending, especially when it came to our brutal PK.

The PK was very bad with a bunch of different goalies. It was even bad in 15-16 when Mason and Neuvirth had the 9th and 12th best ES SV% in the league. So I don't buy the blame-the-goalie crap.

NHL.com - Stats

Reactions: BiggE and Rebels57

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
STILL HYPED

WE DONT NEED DAYS OFF

ANOTHER GAME TODAY PLEASE

Don't worry.

Bettman's Bataan-style Death March™ gets started later this month with a 3-in-4 nights stretch of games. And there's three more next month.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
MangoBOT v0.7 knows how to celebrate a win too

Only mistake was putting ghost with Provy again. Winners have players like him. Overachieved is something we don't see with our players but lets hopw AV and some hard ass coaching turns this individual bunch into a team thats competes hard. Good win. Cracks waking up in the morning and he hates bruises as they hurt him lots. The team is guided by top players and the slow starts are on them.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
My best friend is a Devils fan and ive been hearing these same complaints about Hynes dating back to last year. You can tell by watching them that they dont adjust too. Their strategy was clearly not working and nothing changed.

We've been there with Hakstol so we understand.
My best friend is a Devils fan and ive been hearing these same complaints about Hynes dating back to last year. You can tell by watching them that they dont adjust too. Their strategy was clearly not working and nothing changed.

We've been there with Hakstol so we understand.

Yea it’s terrible. You guys had the talent that it was easy to see it’s the coach, some Devils fans have been saying for years since Hynes has been here that his system sucks and he’s clueless in game. Others excuses it as well the roster isn’t that talented, well, they have more talent than other years under him and they look even worse than last years mostly AHL filled team. The biggest question mark coming into the season, Schneider has looked fine lol. Outside of the cramping in the 3rd period of Winnipeg game where a lot of us thought he destroyed his hip again, hea looked fine. Let in a soft last night (can’t remember if it was the second or third goal, they blend together after three garbage games), but he kept it from being a gigantic blow out early on.

Btw what’s up with Harts number? Looks weird in a goalie lol. Any significance or just didn’t care about switching it?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Btw what’s up with Harts number? Looks weird in a goalie lol. Any significance or just didn’t care about switching it?

There's a kid (autistic) who was a big fan of his in junior and had all his jerseys, so Hart didn't want to change his number and force the kid to get new stuff.

Flyers Goalie Prospect Carter Hart Chooses No. 79 for a Special Reason

“I probably would have stuck with No. 70, because that was my number in juniors. But because Connor had the Hart No. 79 Flyers’ jersey on, I realized I couldn’t change the jersey number now,” Hart said. “I didn’t think Connor would have been too happy if I had the wrong jersey with the wrong number on the back. Because it was Connor, he was one of our biggest fans and it was really cool how much love Connor and Cavan gave us. To them, they’re 6, 7 years old, they look up to us. I couldn’t let them down.
“I just turned 20. I’m not really that much older than Connor or Cavan. You can’t let your fans down, especially the younger ones.”

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Still love the player and the GM!

On Hexy, still love the player and half of the GM.

Do you people realize how much more entertaining it is to watch a team play coherently and aggressively? I'm concerned that you people don't fully understand.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
On a somewhat related note - when is the last time we actually started the season fairly well, and didnt come stumbling out of the gates?

This is the first time they have won their first two games since 2011-12. They've only won their first three twice in the last 20 years: 2009-10 and 2011-12.

Reactions: Starat327

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
It's actually really fitting that a player like Konecny is popping off in the first year without Simmonds. I don't think you can really say that any two players, outside of Giroux, more embody what it means to be a Flyer, so it's essentially a passing of the torch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad