GDT: #2 Devils vs Flyers: Can We Get An Encore

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
As stupid as it sounds, its stuff like that which make me want Tedenby to be a solid contributor here asap. He seems like such a clown/overall fun guy to have around. I enjoy having people like that on our team... especially when they can score 20+ goals a season....

It's awesome that Elias has taken him on as kind of being his mentor. There is not a better teacher for him. I'm excited, he looked solid in the Islanders game and I liked how DeBoer talked about him also.

apice3*

The fact that Tedenby scored a goal with Pelly, Fraser, and Volchenkov on the ice is incredible.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm expecting it to just quietly be there without any ceremony, but we'll see. Maybe Lou will feel dramatic for once.

I was sure I read a tweet from the Devils Twitter about a quote "banner unveiling". As long as it is quick I don't have any problem with it. While not the ultimate prize, winning the prince of wales is a huge accomplishment. As long as the thing is already up there. you don't raise those, just pull a black sheet off, shoot the spotlight on it and then move on.

Snow cat WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY!!!! Winning the home opener would be great. Winning the home opener to improve to 2-0 to start a season is better. Winning the home opener to improve to 2-0 in a short season is EVEN better. Winning the home opener to improve to 2-0 in a short season AND send the Flyers to a 0-3 start is AMAZING.

SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEN!!!

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Is Doc doing the game tomorrow night? That would be great. Wouldn't mind Kenny Albert too. He called most of our series vs Philly if I remember correctly. A lot of good memories.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Is Doc doing the game tomorrow night? That would be great. Wouldn't mind Kenny Albert too. He called most of our series vs Philly if I remember correctly. A lot of good memories.
5-0 with Kenny last year ;) and I really like him as a play by play guy, very solid.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like Kenny better than Doc now. Or better than NBC Doc I should say. Why? Because Doc on NBC usually means his color guy is Eddie Olczyk. Sometimes it's not worth hearing Doc if it means hearing Edzo. Now there are exceptions like Edzo doing the Kings game the other day, while Doc was doing Pens/Flyers. Edzo, and Pierre usually makes for a trainwreck during the Devils games. Pierre without Eddie is tolerable. Eddie is never tolerable though in Devils games.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
I'll say one thing for Kenny, he's not too much of a homer.

He's a lifelong Rangers fan who's been the radio voice of the Rags for 20 years, but unlike some guys he doesn't wear it on his sleeve.

That said, nah. Doc is still the gold standard for play-by-play. I don't care how brutal the NBC telecasts are.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I like Kenny better than Doc now. Or better than NBC Doc I should say. Why? Because Doc on NBC usually means his color guy is Eddie Olczyk. Sometimes it's not worth hearing Doc if it means hearing Edzo. Now there are exceptions like Edzo doing the Kings game the other day, while Doc was doing Pens/Flyers. Edzo, and Pierre usually makes for a trainwreck during the Devils games. Pierre without Eddie is tolerable. Eddie is never tolerable though in Devils games.

That's because Edzo is a ****ing robot. "good active stick", "take a hit to make a play", he says the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again. He sounds BORED during the games too, completely void of any enthusiasm or energy.

On top of all that, he completely nullifies the greatness of Doc. Eddie should just **** off NBC, so tired of hearing "good active stick" - I'd rather stab myself in the eye

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's because Edzo is a ****ing robot. "good active stick", "take a hit to make a play", he says the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again. He sounds BORED during the games too, completely void of any enthusiasm or energy.

On top of all that, he completely nullifies the greatness of Doc. Eddie should just **** off NBC, so tired of hearing "good active stick" - I'd rather stab myself in the eye

I had enough of his Rangers, and King homerness last playoffs on top of what you said. His stupid phrases. He also called out Marty for almost every goal he gave up in the SCF including one that changed direction.:shakehead

He wouldn't call out Quick for that brutal first goal he let in the other day, and I'm sure he didn't call him out for the suckitude that followed.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I wanna see Matteau put Laughton on his ass

This would be nice. Rookie on rookie violence.

It's awesome that Elias has taken him on as kind of being his mentor. There is not a better teacher for him. I'm excited, he looked solid in the Islanders game and I liked how DeBoer talked about him also.

Yep, he'll do well with Patty showing him the way. He has good chemistry with Clarkson too, maybe Clarkson can teach Teddy how to play tougher, and Tedenby can teach Clarkie how to skate.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Just win!

Took a spinning class at 6:30am so I can have a beer later!

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
UmYwmLe.jpg

Jersey City! Swedes taking over my neighborhood.

The Flyers are going to come out ANGRY tonight. Let's send 'em home angrier.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm expecting it to just quietly be there without any ceremony, but we'll see. Maybe Lou will feel dramatic for once.

No thanks, I don't need to get mocked for something that's beneath us as an organization the way we mock the Rangers for constantly bringing up '94 (which, at least was a Cup-winning year). If they just have a video I'm fine with it. Unveiling the banner I'm not too crazy about, but it's not that much different than spotlighting it I suppose. Don't raise the banner, don't have anything longer than like 5-7 minutes.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
ahem

WHENCEFORT, until not, the time eclipses 60 half-minutes past 7…the devils of new jersey will indeed face hockey players who have agreed to represent the city where ben franklin transferred diseases including, but not limited to, the venereal variety to unbeknownst ladies of the night- diseases flying back and forth betwixt franklin and his conquest on any given night, emitting a low pitched hum and a hot misty steam as they slammed into each other…in a game of hockey, to be played upon ice.

if….and ONLY IF…the devils can indeed take their golden wooden dicks of yore, and strike the vulcanized rubber in such a way that it cannot be blocked or impeded by the goaltender as it travels its way, through time and space, across a little red line it has never met before…and…(this is key)…MORE times that the flyers can take their shriveled pine and perform likewise tasks unto that same puck, or one which has taken its place…the official NHL offices in Manhattan will have no choice but to take our points total- currently at half-4- and add another half-four to our total, thus rendering us with a full 4 points. Across the internet, across the newspapers, across this country and across the universe…a “win†will be recorded for the Devils of New Jersey, whilst the Flyers of Philadelphia will add another 0 to their respective point totals.

one key to this game will be skating. a big part of skating is tying the laces. Adorned on the walls of the Devils locker room, scrawled throughout the Hockey Hall of Fame, and etched permanently in every hockey fan’s mind is the song that is as well known as the winged pegasus; as traveled as one of Franklin’s chunks of crotch-rot, as timeless as time itself. One could almost say…it is a key “principal†to the game: OVER! UNDER! IN AND OUT! THAT’S WHAT SHOE TYING IS ALL ABOUT!!!

Let us knot tie them too tightly! Let us knot tie one skate to the other! Let us put our skates on in such a fashion so as blisters will not rise up from our Deviled skin! As Gordie Howe once famously said, “Put your skates on correctly, and the rest will take care of itsef.†LET US WIN. ONE SKATE AT A TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad