GDT: #2 Devils vs Flyers: Can We Get An Encore

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

If they don't forecheck the crap out of our defence, we're in good shape. The same can be said for our game plan cause their d is pretty horrible as well when moving the puck.

It's game like these we'll miss the heavy forecheck of Parise. I hope Matteau and Tedenby will have a repeat of game #1 and I'd like to see Yayo play more minutes.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
ahem

WHENCEFORT, until not, the time eclipses 60 half-minutes past 7…the devils of new jersey will indeed face hockey players who have agreed to represent the city where ben franklin transferred diseases including, but not limited to, the venereal variety to unbeknownst ladies of the night- diseases flying back and forth betwixt franklin and his conquest on any given night, emitting a low pitched hum and a hot misty steam as they slammed into each other…in a game of hockey, to be played upon ice.

if….and ONLY IF…the devils can indeed take their golden wooden dicks of yore, and strike the vulcanized rubber in such a way that it cannot be blocked or impeded by the goaltender as it travels its way, through time and space, across a little red line it has never met before…and…(this is key)…MORE times that the flyers can take their shriveled pine and perform likewise tasks unto that same puck, or one which has taken its place…the official NHL offices in Manhattan will have no choice but to take our points total- currently at half-4- and add another half-four to our total, thus rendering us with a full 4 points. Across the internet, across the newspapers, across this country and across the universe…a “win†will be recorded for the Devils of New Jersey, whilst the Flyers of Philadelphia will add another 0 to their respective point totals.

one key to this game will be skating. a big part of skating is tying the laces. Adorned on the walls of the Devils locker room, scrawled throughout the Hockey Hall of Fame, and etched permanently in every hockey fan’s mind is the song that is as well known as the winged pegasus; as traveled as one of Franklin’s chunks of crotch-rot, as timeless as time itself. One could almost say…it is a key “principal†to the game: OVER! UNDER! IN AND OUT! THAT’S WHAT SHOE TYING IS ALL ABOUT!!!

Let us knot tie them too tightly! Let us knot tie one skate to the other! Let us put our skates on in such a fashion so as blisters will not rise up from our Deviled skin! As Gordie Howe once famously said, “Put your skates on correctly, and the rest will take care of itself.†LET US WIN. ONE SKATE AT A TIME.

YES! Knew this thread was missing something.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Kurtis Foster is on their defense as a full-time defenseman.

Yeah it's nothing to write home about. Foster is probably going to get shuffled around with about 6 other defensemen for the 5-6 spots. They also have Bruno Gervais, as well as a few players in the minors that will likely see time if either of those two **** the bed or injuries pop up. The Flyers D is their weak point though, in case anyone here doesn't have eyes. Homer banked hard for Weber and lost. At that point no one was left on the market that perked their interest, so they spent the rest of last summer collecting random 5-6 defensemen.

I'm hoping Luke Schenn pans out. But figure with Coburn prone to brain farts, Grossmann prone to commit dumb penalties at times, and Timonen coming to an end of his career & contract, our D needs help desperately, especially long term.

And FYI, Bryzgalov hasn't played bad the last 2 games. The entire team had a slow start in the Penguins game and just couldn't score at the end. After the 2 goals, Bryzgalov played solid (outside of the fact that he didn't give up any more goals). 3 of the goals given up to Buffalo were on the Powerplay (including the game winner).

From the Flyers fan perspective, tonight will be an indicator if the Flyers actually got their **** together yesterday during their day off.

Edit: And if they tank bad enough...Seth Jones? Anyone?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Foster is wearing the right color at least, considering he's a freaking cone.

Great shot though, hope he doesn't get to use it.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
He played for us. A good bit of us know the feeling... Now, I really need to stop being nice to you for the next 12 hours, ;)

I have high hopes for Luke Schenn too, but Cheesesteak Invictus put it best:

"My understanding of Schenn based on what Leafs fans were saying is that we should get used to him taking out of position penalties because of his stone feet."

Needless to say, if I see Kovalchuk one on one with Schenn, I'll be uttering "Oh No" before Kovalchuk crosses the blue line.

I could also give you further reasoning to not be nice, but I'd be getting an infraction every time. LOL.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Yeah it's nothing to write home about. Foster is probably going to get shuffled around with about 6 other defensemen for the 5-6 spots. They also have Bruno Gervais, as well as a few players in the minors that will likely see time if either of those two **** the bed or injuries pop up. The Flyers D is their weak point though, in case anyone here doesn't have eyes. Homer banked hard for Weber and lost. At that point no one was left on the market that perked their interest, so they spent the rest of last summer collecting random 5-6 defensemen.

I'm hoping Luke Schenn pans out. But figure with Coburn prone to brain farts, Grossmann prone to commit dumb penalties at times, and Timonen coming to an end of his career & contract, our D needs help desperately, especially long term.

And FYI, Bryzgalov hasn't played bad the last 2 games. The entire team had a slow start in the Penguins game and just couldn't score at the end. After the 2 goals, Bryzgalov played solid (outside of the fact that he didn't give up any more goals). 3 of the goals given up to Buffalo were on the Powerplay (including the game winner).

From the Flyers fan perspective, tonight will be an indicator if the Flyers actually got their **** together yesterday during their day off.

Edit: And if they tank bad enough...Seth Jones? Anyone?

Tallinder for Schenn?

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Also, for those that like to learn about players other than the ones on their team:

Young player to watch tonight on the Flyers is Scott Laughton, 1st overall draft pick from last year for the Flyers (20th overall). Rookie who's had two solid games over the weekend.

As Flyers director of player development Ian Laperriere warned before training camp, Laughton "plays like a Flyer." He registered three hits on his first shift in the big leagues.

Laughton's stat line for his first two games: 22:26 ice time, four shots, one attempt blocked, six hits, one shot block, while going 6-for-13 (46 percent) in the faceoff circle. Only Claude Giroux had a better faceoff percent during the first weekend, something that Laviolette said should be a bigger focal point for this team.

"I thought he did a nice job," Laviolette said Saturday. "He was responsible defensively. He was strong on puck battles and had a couple opportunities at the net. I thought he played a strong game."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20130122_Flyers_should_keep_Laughton_beyond_5_games.html

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Devils will only win if the refs help them, since apparently the only reason the Flyers lose is because of poor officiating against them.

Flame Demers*

Seriously man? Why would any Devils fan think like that?

because I dont think the devils will win tonight. I want them too. but I dont think they will. just like every playoff round last year I bet 100$ on the other team. To try to lose the bet

B A T M A N

f8rnrdU.gif
Lol, what the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany