GDT: #2 Devils vs Flyers: Can We Get An Encore II

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
I kinda like our rivalry with the Flyers and don't have anything against them. I even like Hartnell for some reason, even though I know I shouldn't as he is a player which other teams fans love to hate and have every reason too, as he is that kind of player.

Rangers is above on that list.

Last edited:

GM17*

Flyers have players who lose their cool and take runs when they're mad like babies on skates

Rangers have fans who lose their cool and flood the planet with stupidity other mind numbing AIDS riddled opinions

At least I don't have to hear too much from Flyers fans when they win.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Here's what I base my hatred off of.

I've been to Devils games at the Garden and Wells Fargo Center. Ranger fans can talk a lot of trash... most of the time it's uninformed drivel... but at the end of the day it is safe to see the Devils at the Garden.

In Philly the fans there are so obnoxious and out of control it's actually not safe for away fans. They make you feel like if you cheer to loud or look at someone the wrong way you're going to get physically harmed.

Same thing on the ice. I respect a lot of Ranger players. Hard working hockey players... I would take Callahan, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Girardi, Stepan, Richards, Nash, Kreider, Lundqvist on this team any day.... But I cannot stand the "brand" of Flyers hockey where it's acceptable to head hunt, cheap shot, and try to injure a team when they are beating you. I have absolutely no repsect for players that wear that uniform. To be quite honest, if I were given tickets to a Ranger Flyer game and was told that I could go but I had to support one of the teams, I would gladly throw on a Ranger jersey. I hate the Flyers that much.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I'm with njdevil26.

1. Flyers - can't stand most fans and most of the players
2. Rangers - can't stand most fans, like a few of their players

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Hate the Rangers for their fans (simple because I know more since I live in North Jersey) and hate the Flyers for the way they play the game and the *******s on their team.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A Philly regulation win tonight sends them both to 1-3.
Sounds like best scenerio for the Devils at this point in the season.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
wow

I'm not throwing a Rangers jersey on ever. If Kate Beckinsale came over with a Rangers Jersey on and one in her hand I'd tell her to leave. Crying, but tell her to leave.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
wow

I'm not throwing a Rangers jersey on ever. If Kate Beckinsale came over with a Rangers Jersey on and one in her hand I'd tell her to leave. Crying, but tell her to leave.

Then you, my friend, would have your membership to the "man club" permanently revoked and you should be sent to man rehab.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Tonight, I'd like to see the Rangers go up 2-0 and watch the Philly implosion. They are also without Hartnell and Schenn tonight. Should be interesting.

Oroku Saki*

wow

I would put it on then rip it off like the Hulk and proceed to BANG BANG.

GM17*

Maybe the rink will undergo an implosion. Can only imagine how horrible it would've been to watch these teams in the ECF had NJ lost

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I hate the Rangers with all my heart. But it's a hate that is completely irrational and I have no delusions of Rangers fans being bad folks or their players being anything but just normal hockey players. Sometimes I shout to Rangers players in front of the TV and my wife says "they can't hear you and, you know, they are not bad people".

Fandom brings the neanderthal idiot out of me.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The problem with a lot of Ranger fans is their inferiority complex because the two teams closest to them geographically which are also 2 big rivals have had as much or nearly as much success in far less time being in the league so very often you get them trying to tell you how good something is with their team as if they need to convince opposing fans of something

Trumanperro

Nov 10, 2008
New Jersey
The problem with a lot of Ranger fans is their inferiority complex because the two teams closest to them geographically which are also 2 big rivals have had as much or nearly as much success in far less time being in the league so very often you get them trying to tell you how good something is with their team as if they need to convince opposing fans of something

:nod:

Plus most of their fan-base, just isn't as good looking as members of our fan-bases. It's not our fault, ugly people tend to migrate to the Garden. Why you think the lights are so dim?

I kid, I kid ... ;)

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
There is a lot of talk about hate and no mention of Parise and the Wild. I dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing yet... :D

Question for you guys, who are you wanting to win tonight? Every point counts this season more than usual. Does that mean we want the Flyers to lose, hopefully implode and fade, or do we hope the Rangers lose, hopefully lose any momentum they had gained last night and keep both teams at 2 points. Obviously we all know we dont want 3 point games.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Beating the rags is more satisfying, but I've definitely developed an intense hate of the flyers over the past year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad