GDT: #2 Devils vs Flyers: Can We Get An Encore II

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I'm excited that the NJ/Philly rivalry is gaining prevalence again.
It seemed to be dying down for a while... they didn't hate us enough for the past few years.

But I will always, always hate the Rangers more.
The need to continually imply that we're merely in the shadow of broadway's bright lights is nothing short of nauseating.

And I'll never hate the Penguins. It's just that I'll never respect them.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
My hate scale:

1. Rangers
1A. Flyres
2. Everyone else

I generally don't like any other team in hockey. At all. For any other sports, I have teams I don't like and teams I'm indifferent on. For hockey, its quite consistent in that I don't like anyone (except for the Devils of course). Unless you count my love for the frequent ineptitude of teams like the Leafs as non-hatred, then I guess that's the case.

Hate the Rangers for their fans (simple because I know more since I live in North Jersey) and hate the Flyers for the way they play the game and the *******s on their team.

This. I never liked Philly fans, but I only grew to hate them in college, because that's the first time I was exposed to them in notable numbers. So take the above, but also add in a dislike for Flyers fans and you have my assessment of the two.

wow

I'm not throwing a Rangers jersey on ever. If Kate Beckinsale came over with a Rangers Jersey on and one in her hand I'd tell her to leave. Crying, but tell her to leave.

I know this feel.

Tonight, I'd like to see the Rangers go up 2-0 and watch the Philly implosion. They are also without Hartnell and Schenn tonight. Should be interesting.

I really want an outcome where neither team can be happy. Whatever creates the most panic among the two fan bases. I think that most likely means the Rangers have to lose. I just can't decide how. Something like 1-0 Flyers would work, as both fan bases will be unhappy about the lack of offense. Something like 6-5 shows a total ineptitude at defense for both sides... and makes Lundqvist look bad (having allowed 3, 4, 3, and then however many tonight in 3.5 games). But then they'll both be happy with their offense. Maybe I just want a 6-0 Flyers win or something, given the fact we seem to have little problem knocking the Flyers back down a peg on our own.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
wow

I'm not throwing a Rangers jersey on ever. If Kate Beckinsale came over with a Rangers Jersey on and one in her hand I'd tell her to leave. Crying, but tell her to leave.
You just reminded me one thing.

I`m surprised that no Ranger fan took a screen shot of it, ever.

In one Joey episode, Andrea Anders was wearing nothing but an away jersey waiting for him in bed.

It`s been 7-8 years and I still remember it to this day. Uhhh.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009

:( I'll send a letter to Beckinsale and her family to go watch the Devils play to prevent the future from happening though. No need for looper intervention here.

You just reminded me one thing.

I`m surprised that no Ranger fan took a screen shot of it, ever.

In one Joey episode, Andrea Anders was wearing nothing but an away jersey waiting for him in bed.

It`s been 7-8 years and I still remember it to this day. Uhhh.

I had to google who that was

apice3*

My hate scale:

1. Rangers
1A. Flyres
2. Everyone else

I generally don't like any other team in hockey. At all. For any other sports, I have teams I don't like and teams I'm indifferent on. For hockey, its quite consistent in that I don't like anyone (except for the Devils of course). Unless you count my love for the frequent ineptitude of teams like the Leafs as non-hatred, then I guess that's the case.

I said the same thing a few years ago. Hockey, there's like 20 teams I literally hate.

Love the Devils. Really like the Preds. Don't mind Sharks, Coyotes, and Jets. Hate pretty much everyone else.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
When I write, I have to put my fandom to rest for a while. It`s tough, but possible. Never been accused of being biased towards a particular team and that`s a compliment itself.

Hate the rivals + Canes, naturally. Plus anybody that deserves the hate for some reason. Like Vancouver two years ago.
Don`t mind the majority of the league, minus some teams because of their fanbases. The list changes now and then.
Love Nashville.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate Carolina much more than the Flyers.

I really don't hate them much more than the Flyers. I don't even hate them more or as much as the Flyers, but still **** those guys. I hope they keep getting bounced.

I like the Preds, Canucks, and Blues in the West. Don't really care for any of the other teams in the East. I don't mind many of them though.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i think everyone should have a western conference favorite. i also think that favorite should be nashville but to each their own

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
i think everyone should have a western conference favorite. i also think that favorite should be nashville but to each their own

It's always been the Blues. For forever, really.
But I've really come to like Nashville, as well. And the rest of the Central.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone remember when the Wild were called ''New Jersey West''? Nashville seems to parallel our franchise the most if we had to make a comparison. I think people just called Minnesota, New Jersey West because of Lemaire. This was when he was the coach there.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I think it was more of a shot at the trap than anything else.
We did share a lot of players pre-lockout #2.

But, yes, Nashville is a much better comparison.

... with the minor exception of coaching stability.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I watch the hawks and blues a lot because I lived in the Same dorm with oshie and toews. I enjoy watching nashville play because of rinne. Then I will watch any west coast team because I love watching puck at midnight. Lol

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I think you can tell the fan's age - how long they've been really into the Devils - based on the team that they hate. I.e., something bad happened against that team early in their fandom to cement that thought.

But for me the Flyers are very high on that list. I hate most things Philadelphia though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad