GDT: [#2] Dallas Stars at Colorado Avalanche - 8:00 PM CST

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
And I'm curious about Sharp, watched a little part of the Avs game and didn't saw him creating much game. It amazes me too Hemsky in the 4th line.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Too me at least Klingberg was fairly invisible against the Avs, I don't think he did too much good or too much bad (he lost a battle on the Avs 4th goal, but Spezza deserves the lionshare of the blame there for completely blowing his assignment). He spent the majority of his minutes matched up against Crosby in our prior game and according to LatvianTwist, that was the first time in 9 years that Crosby has been held without a shot on net, so I think he did something right.

Sharp looks as fast as ever and his shot looks as powerful as ever, he got off a couple really dangerous howitzers down near the half boards that were just slightly off target. I only watched 1 pre-season game, that being the Blackhawks game, I thought he was the Stars best skater in that contest (or neck and neck with Seguin at least). So far, he has been held off the score sheet, but he did record 3 shots on net against both the Avs and the Pens. I'm betting it's just a matter of time till he starts lighting the lamp.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Too me at least Klingberg was fairly invisible against the Avs, I don't think he did too much good or too much bad (he lost a battle on the Avs 4th goal, but Spezza deserves the lionshare of the blame there for completely blowing his assignment). He spent the majority of his minutes matched up against Crosby in our prior game and according to LatvianTwist, that was the first time in 9 years that Crosby has been held without a shot on net, so I think he did something right.

Sharp looks as fast as ever and his shot looks as powerful as ever, he got off a couple really dangerous howitzers down near the half boards that were just slightly off target. I only watched 1 pre-season game, that being the Blackhawks game, I thought he was the Stars best skater in that contest (or neck and neck with Seguin at least). So far, he has been held off the score sheet, but he did record 3 shots on net against both the Avs and the Pens. I'm betting it's just a matter of time till he starts lighting the lamp.

Eh by

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sharp's looked great. Hasn't buried anything yet, but he's definitely showing up offensively and isn't noticeable defensively (an improvement for our forwards).

McGinley

Captain, my captain
Feb 13, 2013
This game was so Stars.

Got a lead? Take bad penalties and let it slip away, then proceed to get blown out in a divisional game.

I really want to be optimistic about this team, but that was the same Stars that we've seen over the past few years. My guess is we'll win few games in the division, have issues again with keeping a lead, and miss the playoffs again.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
This game was so Stars.

Got a lead? Take bad penalties and let it slip away, then proceed to get blown out in a divisional game.

I really want to be optimistic about this team, but that was the same Stars that we've seen over the past few years.

I think we all thought this. Let's add porous D and goaltending to the familiar formula. I think we make the playoffs this year, but this performance was all too familiar.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Nichushkin not much icetime I saw... playing crappy or did he get hurt? I have such high hopes for him but there is always a weird part of me that cant stop thinking he may not live up to it

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Nichushkin not much icetime I saw... playing crappy or did he get hurt? I have such high hopes for him but there is always a weird part of me that cant stop thinking he may not live up to it

I feel the same way. Very Fabien Brunnstrom feeling if you ask me. He seems totally disinterested and lethargic to me.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If he doesn't have a good game VS Oilers, I cant help to be more concerned. I know its early in the year but I just cant help that feeling!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad