GDT: [#2] Dallas Stars at Colorado Avalanche - 8:00 PM CST

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
tumblr_ntdwh1sjbw1rlx1eto1_r1_500.gif

nXysOFR.gif

A dying breed, the elusive Lehtonen is seen here, pondering his future.

:stars Starting Line-up

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Jamie Benn | Cody Eakin | Tyler Seguin
Valeri Nichushkin | Jason Spezza | Patrick Sharp
Antoine Roussel | Mattias Janmark | Ales
Travis Moen | Vernon Fiddler | Patrick Eaves

Left Defense | Right Defense
Alex Goligoski | John Klingberg
Johnny Oduya | Jason Demers
Jordie Benn | Jyrki Jokipakka

Goaltenders
Antti Niemi
Kari Lehtonen

Scratches
Colton Sceviour
Patrik Nemeth
Jamie Oleksiak

Injured
Brett Ritchie (wrist)​

Leading Scorers | Goals | Assists | Points
Ales Hemsky, W | 1 | 1 | 2
Antti Niemi, G | 0 | 2 | 2
Mattias Janmark, C | 1 | 0 | 1
Jamie Benn, W | 1 | 0 | 1
John Klingberg, D | 0 | 1 | 1

:avs Starting Lineup

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Blake Comeau | Matt Duchene | Jarome Iginla
Gabriel Landeskog | Nathan MacKinnon | Alex Tanguay
Mikko Rantanen | Carl Soderberg | Borna Rendulic
Cody McLeod | John Mitchell | Jack Skille

Left Defense | Right Defense
Francois Beauchemin | Erik Johnson
Nate Guenin | Tyson Barrie
Nikita Zadorov | Nick Holden

Goaltenders
Semyon Varlamov
Reto Berra

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Niemi expected to start again. No word on any line changes yet.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Let's Go Stars!!

Important Central division match up here, the Avs have had our number lately. We need to improve on our performance the other night and find a way to get 2 points tonight. It is going to be a tough, hard fought game, the Stars will need to be ready to play a full 60 minutes.

:stars

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
And thanks for making the GDT, LT. I was about to but didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

You wouldn't be. I was waiting for someone to make it and finally realized it was about 8 hours to gametime :laugh:

Feel free to make one if you want. Once we get some more traffic, I might start up a schedule for us to make them or something, especially with how creative some of you guys are.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also, if anyone has any suggestions on updating the OP, feel free to say so or PM me. Any are welcome - I know they're pretty bad as of now.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
I am really hoping to see another solid effort from the Stars tonight. It seems like in the past when we would win a big game they had a bad habit of coming out flat against the next opponent. We also need to take care of business within the Central division this year:

Saturday’s game is the Stars’ first versus the Central Division, against which they went 8-14-7 last season including 0-3-2 against Colorado. The Stars are 1-6-3 against the Avalanche over the past two seasons, including 0-5-0 in Denver where they have been outscored 22-10 in the five losses.

This is an Avs team that blew a 4-1 lead to Minnesota the other night, so I think they are going to come out strong in front of their home crowd.

A couple quotes from the Avs:

Roy on the 5-4 loss:

“We need to bounce back. We can’t feel sorry for ourselves,†Roy said during his pregame press conference on Saturday morning. “How many times did we mention the first year [that] we need to be even-keeled? We’re going to have to do that tonight.â€

Roy on the Stars:

“It’s a team that’s playing really well,†Roy said. “They won their first game 3-0 against Pittsburgh. They have a lot of skill upfront. It will be a good test for our team. Obviously, the line of Seguin and Benn is going to be a line that we have to be sharp against. Other than this, it’s a team that’s probably going to come here with a lot of confidence.â€

Blake Comeau on what it will take to beat the Stars:

“I think it’s just being committed to playing at both ends of the ice,†left wing Blake Comeau said. “They’ve got a lot of talent. They’ve got some guys that can put the puck in the net. So we’ve got to make sure that we’re tracking hard, taking care of the puck, good game management and just basically not giving them anything easy. Try to play a physical game.

“I think everyone knows the kind of talent we have on this team. It’s just a matter of getting to those hard to play areas… that compete level, second and third efforts. A lot of goals you see around the league, there’s not too many tic-tac-toes anymore. It’s a lot of those tip-ins, rebounds, just getting to those greasy areas. We had some success with that last game and we’ve got to keep doing that.â€

quotes taken from http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=782667&navid=DL|COL|home

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Also, it looks like the Avs aren't making any changes from their lineup the other night as well:

Blake Comeau—Matt Duchene—Jarome Iginla

Gabriel Landeskog—Nathan MacKinnon—Alex Tanguay

Mikko Rantanen—Carl Soderberg—Borna Rendulic

Cody McLeod—John Mitchell—Jack Skille

Francois Beauchemin—Erik Johnson

Nate Guenin—Tyson Barrie

Nikita Zadorov—Nick Holden

Semyon Varlamov

Reto Berra​

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Let's Go Stars!!

Important Central division match up here, the Avs have had our number lately. We need to improve on our performance the other night and find a way to get 2 points tonight. It is going to be a tough, hard fought game, the Stars will need to be ready to play a full 60 minutes.

:stars
Last season was pretty disappointing playing the Avs because we struggled finishing games vs them.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Last season was pretty disappointing playing the Avs because we struggled finishing games vs them.

I hear ya man, very frustrating. I really want to see a full 60 minutes from this team tonight. I am a little nervous about this game just because of how we played them last season. I feel that we are a better overall team, but it is going to take discipline and hard work to beat them in their building.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
more silly photos

I'll give it my best shot. :laugh:

Also, it looks like the Avs aren't making any changes from their lineup the other night as well:

Blake Comeau—Matt Duchene—Jarome Iginla

Gabriel Landeskog—Nathan MacKinnon—Alex Tanguay

Mikko Rantanen—Carl Soderberg—Borna Rendulic

Cody McLeod—John Mitchell—Jack Skille

Francois Beauchemin—Erik Johnson

Nate Guenin—Tyson Barrie

Nikita Zadorov—Nick Holden

Semyon Varlamov

Reto Berra​

Added this as well. Seems like relevant information. Thanks. :)

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Hour til gametime, any predictions?

I say 3-2 Stars. It's time to start taking out these divisional rivals one at a time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad